• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

|OT| Clown World Thread | 🤡🌎 | pɐǝɹɥ⊥ pןɹoM uʍoןϽ

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlinevo

Banned
Apr 28, 2019
Trump won despite the pendulum, not because of it.

Trump won because of many reasons:
1] he spoke directly to the working class [see michael moore's great vid on this]
2] he is a big fuck you to pc culture
3] hrc is one of the most hated political figures of all time
4] turns out calling half the population deplorable is a bad idea

Since then:
1] unemployment is down, people like seeing trump play hardball on trade agreements
2] pc culture 10x worse
3] the squad are hated yet are the face of the party
4] turns out calling 90% of the population fascist and racist is a bad idea

Even so, the front face of the corporate media is pure woke. Disney, Gillette, nike, hasbro, all woke. Gamergate has repeated in every hobby from board games to anime to knitting to magic the gathering to comics. Laws are being enacted that mirror woke ideology. Colleges are turning away qualified asians because of their race. Antifa are beating people in the streets. The american flag is called a hate symbol.

I can't even comprehend anyone looking at America today and thinking the pendulum is conservative. We've got celebrities and major corporations telling us the flag is a hate symbol, lol. We are in a far left fever dream, not a conservative place.
Let's take the conjectures and emotions out of this discussion. 2016 was a referendum election, the choice was to continue with Obama's vision for America or go to a new direction. Obama's vision was very liberal and inclusive, pushing for more redistribution of wealth while granting more rights and benefits to the traditionally marginalized groups like the poor, blacks, illegal immigrants, women, lgbt. Needless to say, the majority of Americans rejected Obama's vision and choose Trump in 2016. If Trump's 2016 victory, along with the conservatives controlling the majority in both chambers of Congress are not enough indicators that the pendulum swung toward conservatism in 2016, then I don't think we are on the same page as to what a political pendulum is.

You don't have to agree with my assertions, and maybe you can better explain the results of the 2016 elections. The data depicted very clearly defined lines along the categories of gender, race, ideology, political affiliation, age, income.

In 2018, Trump still retained the same popularity number he had when he was running and after his 2016 victory, which was in the mid 40's. Of course the dishonest media were never able to accurately account for the silent majority so I will kindly add 10percent to that general polling number, which puts him at around 50+ percent popularity. The conservatives lost the house but increase their senate numbers in 2018. We have 5 conservative vs 4 liberals SCOTUS judges. Conservatives control 2 out of 3 branches of the federal government. With these facts, are you telling me that somehow the liberals are in control of the country?

The loud protest and indignation we see in social media by the radical left are simply a pushback against the conservative majority rule. Sure the incessant and loud amplification by news and entertainment may suggest there is a liberal onslaught, but the data and facts indicate otherwise. We are in a conservative pendulum swing.

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
Round them privileged children up and drop them off in the south and watch their entire movement be snuffed out in less than 36 hours.
another big white baby fighting other white babies in one of the whitest states on the left coast. i read the interview she is actually from Charlottesville. Portland has around 3% black people whereas Charlottesville has around 18%. so she moved from a more diverse state to one of the most whitest states in the country. how brave. also.
DeHart was held in custody for 5 hours, and upon release, was immediately greeted by an Antifa representative with water, pepper spray tips, and self care advice. DeHart went from the police station to play at a gig, where she found reprieve in free drinks from a supportive community.
so the cops let u go in a couple hours so you could play the show and now you are a hero who gets free drinks.

i bet she thanked the cops for letting her play her out to play her show.:messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:
Reactions: DeepEnigma

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
My god that linked article is shit:

A former Corvallis resident and writer for The Advocate, DeHart decided to take to the streets after hearing that members of the Proud Boys, a far-right neo-fascist group that promotes political violence, would be visiting Pioneer Square
So she literally used to write for this very paper? And it's antifa that promotes political violence.

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia

Warren is native American.
Beto is Mexican
Harris is African American
Trudeau is an Arabian prince
Epstein 'committed suicide'
The nyt is the 'paper of record'

Make it stop. Someone wake me up. The matrix is glitching like crazy. History is gas lighting us.
Look at those citations. The quillette article was right: they’ve built up a false body of self-referential knowledge. The whole thing needs to be burnt to the ground.

bigedole

Mar 10, 2015
Austin, TX
Obama's vision was very liberal and inclusive, pushing for more redistribution of wealth while granting more rights and benefits to the traditionally marginalized groups like the poor, blacks, illegal immigrants, women, lgbt.
Please justify the bolded words in your comment.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
Lol these ideologues don't know how to have fun anymore. It's a teen fashion magazine.
They want the kids. Any good predator knows that kids are easily manipulated and malleable. Get them in the classroom and in their hobbies and they stand no chance. Campus Reform does vids all the time with these poor kids being interviewed and they just belch out the college group think with very little critical thinking being employed. The way in which the Liberals have fastened themselves to schools and other institutions is nothing short of insidious.

monegames

Sep 26, 2014
They want the kids. Any good predator knows that kids are easily manipulated and malleable. Get them in the classroom and in their hobbies and they stand no chance. Campus Reform does vids all the time with these poor kids being interviewed and they just belch out the college group think with very little critical thinking being employed. The way in which the Liberals have fastened themselves to schools and other institutions is nothing short of insidious.
Yep, you see that shit in everything kids become interested in. Same reason pewdiepie gets so much flack. He definitely has influence on kids. They scratched and clawed for their influence, and he holds so much more just putting out goofy videos. It really drives them crazy.

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Obama's vision was very liberal and inclusive, pushing for more redistribution of wealth while granting more rights and benefits to the traditionally marginalized groups like the poor, blacks, illegal immigrants, women, lgbt.
This sounds like some TDS retarded shit.
Do you acknowledge that Trump has made more to better the life of Black and marginalized groups than any other president ever?

You acknowledge he has created jobs for Blacks and maginalized people? So they can support themselves and their families and build a future?
Black and marginalized umemployment figures are lower than they have ever been before under any president?

And this, helping and lifting these groups to prosperity, is a bad thing? What is wrong in your head?

merlinevo

Banned
Apr 28, 2019
Do you acknowledge that Trump has made more to better the life of Black and marginalized groups than any other president ever?

You acknowledge he has created jobs for Blacks and maginalized people? So they can support themselves and their families and build a future?
Black and marginalized umemployment figures are lower than they have ever been before under any president?

And this, helping and lifting these groups to prosperity, is a bad thing? What is wrong in your head?
Do you have a reading comprehension inability or are you just fishing for a reaction? "This sounds like some TDS retarded shit." Where did this random attack come from? The sentence you quoted was my understanding of Obama's vision, and it was not an endorsement of that vision.

You might want to slow down and comprehend the post you were quoting. The premise was the political pendulum was tilted toward conservationism since 2016. The arguments presented were Trump's victory, the senate and house were republican controlled, and other factors. The conclusion was that contrary to the prevailing belief by most in the politics forum, liberals were not in control of the federal government or that the political pendulum was tilted toward liberal. The liberals may be a vocal minority on social media and entertainment, but in terms of governance, they are a minority and effectively insignificant in passing any liberal legislations.

You should take the time to attack the argument rather than the person. What a completely random quoting that missed the original point. I don't even like Obama and am partial to Trump.

This intolerance of dissenting opinions and parroting of extreme right talking points may be indicative that the forum is leaning too far to the right, essentially suffering from the same problem as resetera.

Stilton Disco

Aug 22, 2014
UK

I'd never vote for Trump even if I could, but this really does highlight the completely irrational worldview the far left has developed.

Giving anyone MORE rights than the equal rights we already have is inherently unjust and unfair.

Simply giving people benefits rather than opportunities to be able to work and improve their (and their families) lives through their own effort has been shown to destroy whole communities over the last half century.

And yet all you here from the 'progressive' side of the table is 'more rights' and 'free stuff' as a solution to everything, with no goal or roadmap to actually achieve anything beyond a vague idea of some impossible future utopia where apparently no one has to do anything.

Last edited:

danielberg

Neophyte
Jun 20, 2018
This intolerance of dissenting opinions and parroting of extreme right talking points may be indicative that the forum is leaning too far to the right, essentially suffering from the same problem as resetera.
You literally demanded that people get more rights than others based on their perceived victim status, minority status and skin color so yeah if you dont get why you get called out over this then thats your issue lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Oner

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX
After Trudeau's recent gaffe I'm starting to think that most modern politics is an absolute joke.

JFC, why is it so many libs get caught dressing up as black dudes? I mean wtf I had my fair share of crazy parties in my early 20's but I never thought "hey you know what, let's say fuck it and go full on Ted Danson"

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
JFC, why is it so many libs get caught dressing up as black dudes? I mean wtf I had my fair share of crazy parties in my early 20's but I never thought "hey you know what, let's say fuck it and go full on Ted Danson"
when you tell yourself you are so progressive and everyone else is racist, it makes a blind spot, you are convinced nothing you can do will ever be racist. he probably thought he was paying honor to them or some dumb shit.

i hear a lot from people in countries outside of the US that "racism isn't really a thing here" and "the US is where all the racists live". with the US as a punching bag, people around the world are free to ignore their own racism.

as for Canada, they have a British Imperialist fetish thing going on, so the Indian brownface is entirely in this tradition.

Last edited:
Reactions: Durask

MetalAlien

Formerly 'MetalAlien'
Mar 6, 2005
This is a fashion magazine for teens.

WTF?
"I often ask my students, ‘If we went and seized the White House, would we be in power?’”

That's some fucking high comedy right there... haven't laughed so hard in a while.... How exactly would they seize ANYTHING!? Milkshakes vs machine guns.... yes... I would watch that with full body smile!

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
You might want to slow down and comprehend the post you were quoting. The premise was the political pendulum was tilted toward conservationism since 2016.
No, your premise was:
"No, they democrats are setting up for 2024, when the pendulum swings away from conservatism, white and male."

That you seem to equate conservatism with whiteness and maleness is part of the problem, plus the fact you are simply incorrect.

To take the whole of the past few years, and claim we tilt conservative in this country simply because Trump won, is myopic. It ignores the fact every media pundit was saying Hillary had a 99% chance of winning. If an underdog wins, it does not suddenly mean they were actually the powerhouse - they can still be the underdog.

The arguments presented were Trump's victory, the senate and house were republican controlled, and other factors. The conclusion was that contrary to the prevailing belief by most in the politics forum, liberals were not in control of the federal government or that the political pendulum was tilted toward liberal. The liberals may be a vocal minority on social media and entertainment, but in terms of governance, they are a minority and effectively insignificant in passing any liberal legislations.
Given we were not discussing who currently controlled the government, but rather, the social political pendulum which you defined as 'conservative, white, and male' and not 'the current makeup of the senate and the house', you are just doing heavy lifting moving goal posts.

You are simply reducing the scope of your original statement to the presidency and senate. Which is bullshit. And it's provably absolute bullshit because it makes no sense in the scope of your original statement.

You were suggesting Dems are skipping 2020 and waiting for 2024 for the pendulum to swing back [already quoted]. If you were simply talking about the makeup of the current government, this would have no meaning because why would you skip an election simply because the other team is in power? That makes no sense.

Your original statement, given that it refers to political stance, race, and gender was referring to a socio-political pendulum. That pendulum is far left right now. Regardless of who sits in office, all of media, journalism, political darlings of the media, and academia are far, far, far left.

We are getting articles in teen vogue about taking over the White House by force. The pendulum has never been this far left in the history of this country.

I don't even like Obama and am partial to Trump.
Nobody cares who you voted for or are voting for here.

Free speech is a bitch, right? Yes, in an open forum people will have all sorts of ideas, and, unfortunately, the modern left clutches their pearls and runs away from ideas and bans any they can. This has been long discussed. This means in open forums, currently, the far left have self-segregated and ban all comers.

That is their failure, not this forums. And the fact that you think people on this forum are parroting 'Extreme right' talking points is hilarious. Perhaps that's why you get the pendulum thing all backwards anyway.

Last edited:

merlinevo

Banned
Apr 28, 2019
How could he? The government can't grant rights by definition.
So civil rights, voting rights, abortion rights, gay rights, ADA, all those equity legislations like title 1 and title 9, the proposed healthcare as a right, free college as a right, affordable housing as a right, immigration as a right and so on are merely figments of the imagination? Cities can tell black people voting is only a privilege that can be taken away, gay marriage is not recognized, women can't go to planned parenthood, disabled people don't need work, poor schools don't need funding? You need to calm down and stop attacking the person and focus the argument instead. I am not liberal nor do I support liberalism. I am just pointing out that you may have blinders on when inconvenient facts pop up and it doesn't support your perception of reality.

Vicetrailia

Mar 12, 2019
wow Vice with the dumb fucking "they are banning e-cigs but not all cigarettes and that's racist!" take. also when you assume all black people smoke menthol, totally not racist at all!

god Vice is so transparently cringeworthy
Tobacco industry documents outline strategic efforts to promote menthol cigarettes to African Americans at the point of sale, and studies have observed more outdoor and retail menthol advertisements in neighborhoods with more African-American residents.
Use of mentholated brands varies widely by race/ethnicity. The percentage of individuals aged 12 years or older who reported using mentholated brands in 2010 was:4
  • 19.1% Black
  • 3.6% Asian
  • 7.8% Hispanic
  • 6.5% White
Maybe it's true but I think that's a rather bad subject. It's not nefarious, as there are plenty of cigs killing everyone that smokes. Stupid outrage article.

Last edited:

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
So civil rights, voting rights, abortion rights, gay rights, ADA, all those equity legislations like title 1 and title 9, the proposed healthcare as a right, free college as a right, affordable housing as a right, immigration as a right and so on are merely figments of the imagination? Cities can tell black people voting is only a privilege that can be taken away, gay marriage is not recognized, women can't go to planned parenthood, disabled people don't need work, poor schools don't need funding? You need to calm down and stop attacking the person and focus the argument instead. I am not liberal nor do I support liberalism. I am just pointing out that you may have blinders on when inconvenient facts pop up and it doesn't support your perception of reality.
Willful misuse of a word does not change the fact that if a government 'grants' something, it cannot, by definition, be a right. Anything government is under the purview to grant, it can also take away. That is what happens when you cede power to government. Anything the government grants is a privilege, by definition. Privileges can have regulations, restrictions, and be taken away. Rights can not.

The government, for example, does not grant the right to free speech or bear arms. Those rights are enshrined. Understanding why these words are important, and why you can't say 'Obama granted rights' is fundemental to understanding American civics.

Last edited:

merlinevo

Banned
Apr 28, 2019
Willful misuse of a word does not change the fact that if a government 'grants' something, it cannot, by definition, be a right. Anything government is under the purview to grant, it can also take away. That is what happens when you cede power to government. Anything the government grants is a privilege, by definition. Privileges can have regulations, restrictions, and be taken away. Rights can not.
What is this? I just gave you examples after examples of "rights" granted by government that you conveniently forgot existed. Are you shifting to a philosophical stance as to what "rights" are now? Talk about moving goal posts when called out. You are extremely dishonest and maybe that is why you attract your following. I'll just leave you to collect your esteem points from the same 20 or so like minded followers.

@ EviLore EviLore I request a permanent ban. This place is no different from the echo chamber that is resetera.

Vicetrailia

Mar 12, 2019
And I bet if they banned Meth cigs then we would hear about how POC smoke meth cigs and they are being disproportinatly effected by this ban and its racist because its one way POC can enjoy themselves and the racist government is targeting them.

Honk Honk clown world.
Lol. So true.

Reactions: cryptoadam
Status
Not open for further replies.