• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clown World Thread | 🤡🌎 | pɐǝɹɥ⊥ pןɹoM uʍoןϽ

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Remember when everyone pretended The New York Times was the pinnacle of journalism? Now they’re just a lame tabloid that tries to make people paranoid of anyone deemed “right wing.”

Alt-right is their code word for Nazi. I'm no lawyer but I wonder if this could be demonstrated in court and thus shown to be the libel that those of us familiar with the lingo know that it is.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
tbf I agree with him in this instance. Say that they're behaving like animals like you did, sure, but the others likening them to monkeys was a step too far imo.
All normal people agree with not calling black people ‘monkeys’.

He avoided my question. Precisely as I expected him to.

Don’t stick up for known trolls avoiding questions.

Dec 15, 2011

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia

I said "in this instance". I've been as critical of @12Goblins as anyone but I'm not going to blindly lambaste him when I agree with him. That said, he shouldn't have dodged your question, but maybe he felt ganged up on or was simply busy. I don't know, but I've tagged him here, so maybe he'll reply tomorrow.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
I said "in this instance". I've been as critical of @12Goblins as anyone but I'm not going to blindly lambaste him when I agree with him. That said, he shouldn't have dodged your question, but maybe he felt ganged up on or was simply busy. I don't know, but I've tagged him here, so maybe he'll reply tomorrow.
It’s not the first time I’ve noticed you defending someone of his ilk and I find it quite perplexing.

There’s being fair and there’s being dumb.

Dec 15, 2011

Solution to the concern?
Remove those expressing concern.

Article said:
“We need more women in positions of leadership, more people of color and more LGBTQ people,” she says. “We need to change what leadership looks like in our organizations because we know that will lead to more safer and stronger workplaces.”

Last edited:
  • Triggered
Reactions: RedVIper

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
It’s not the first time I’ve noticed you defending someone of his ilk and I find it quite perplexing.

Not really sure what to say. I try to focus on arguments unless I think the person is purposefully being dishonest. I don't think he is in this instance and I think he has a legitimate gripe.

Reactions: MetalAlien
Dec 15, 2011

Come and honk for the hairstyles.
Stay for the feels.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Off Duty Ninja

MetalAlien

Mar 6, 2005

Hey I admit PKM has issues. He had a thread locked recently. I just think his example is this one case was actually stop on, The two videos looked very similar. If you climb all over a car and rub your gentials on it and get comapred to a monkey doing the same thing...... so be it... shouldn't be acting like that color be damned. 12goblins on the other hand just seems to be trying to shut everything down. You got a problem with someones post report it.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
Hey I admit PKM has issues. He had a thread locked recently. I just think his example is this one case was actually stop on, The two videos looked very similar. If you climb all over a car and rub your gentials on it and get comapred to a monkey doing the same thing...... so be it... shouldn't be acting like that color be damned. 12goblins on the other hand just seems to be trying to shut everything down. You got a problem with someones post report it.
I don’t report shit. Reporting is for message boards that don’t have free discussion.

I asked the yellow belly troll a question and I’m still awaiting my answer. That’s where we are at.

EDIT: After further reading, I’m assuming you were referring to 12Goblins reporting posts he is upset with? I initially thought you were referring to me.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: matt404au
Apr 18, 2014
P-Town

Come and honk for the hairstyles.
Stay for the feels.
I have an autistic son and I had a feeling this was going to make me cry before I even clicked. HONK :messenger_loudly_crying:

Gashtronomy

Apr 19, 2019

RedVIper

Jun 13, 2017

Can I call everyone else monkeys?

Helios

Gold Member
Jun 13, 2018

Xenon

First I want to say how much I enjoyed this thread. It truly is a clown world and amusing to witness. Thanks for that. But there are too many people in my life that I love and respect to participate in a thread that compares black people to monkeys. Now I understand that is possible for people to be joking about such things and not be racist. But for me that's just one of the lines I personally don't feel comfortable crossing. But this is more about how I feel rather than judgment of the people in this thread. I just can't participate or view it anymore.

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
First I want to say how much I enjoyed this thread. It truly is a clown world and amusing to witness. Thanks for that. But there are too many people in my life that I love and respect to participate in a thread that compares black people to monkeys. Now I understand that is possible for people to be joking about such things and not be racist. But for me that's just one of the lines I personally don't feel comfortable crossing. But this is more about how I feel rather than judgment of the people in this thread. I just can't participate or view it anymore.
Why not just block the one singular person who did that instead of castigating the entire thread?

Apr 18, 2014
P-Town
There seems to be a lot of posts that are just showing random acts of violence committed by blacks too which on its own is already over the top. People of ALL races, genders, sexes, etc. commit heinous acts of violence so I think highlighting a single race the way it has in this thread is in poor form.

That's my opinion though. I just skip those tasteless posts and keep on honking at the rest.

Xenon

There seems to be a lot of posts that are just showing random acts of violence committed by blacks too which on its own is already over the top. People of ALL races, genders, sexes, etc. commit heinous acts of violence so I think highlighting a single race the way it has in this thread is in poor form.

That's my opinion though. I just skip those tasteless posts and keep on honking at the rest.
There is political context to that in that more often than not it's ignored by the media at large. I never really felt it was disproportionate to a lot of the other Insanity that's posted in this thread.