• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clown World Thread | 🤡🌎 | pɐǝɹɥ⊥ pןɹoM uʍoןϽ

PKM

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2017
Ya'll still bellyaching over the monkeys on cars reference?

Shit. Google "animals on cars"

Of the top results...they sure didnt look like elephants or cows.

If they decides to start tipping canoes at the "Lake Chatawongey annual Canoe and Knitting Fest" I'd say "Jesus, looks like a bunch of irate momma hippos!
But they didnt, and they arent.

-Edited, sorry.

Wasnt about race, was just about equating the only equitable experience I could find.

Last edited:

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
If this a more balanced forum politically and it allowed 100% free speech I would agree. But thankfully it's not 100% free and most unfair generalizations are delt with to promote better conversations. However if it's one sided then it can hurt the discussion or prevent it entirety, see ResetEra as example.

Free speech does not necessarily mean balanced speech.

Resetera creates an echo chamber because it heavily polices speech, and anyone going cross narrative gets banned. That is authoritarian in nature, and locks acceptable discourse to the whim of moderators and the self-censorship of posters scared to be banned from their chosen community. This creates defined borders of ideas, much like a news program defines 'left' and 'right' by hand selecting representatives, to the exclusion of others.

That does not mean another forum, embracing free speech, will neccesarily be balanced. People of similar mindsets are likely to congregate in similar areas, if only due to similar interests and the fact most people are looking to relax not find conflict. But when free speech is allowed, those borders are far more fluid and permeable. For example, someone would be able to wander into a forum they are diametrically opposed to and find an honest debate. And some forums would exist that would be true battlefields of ideas.

Last edited:

Schrödinger's cat

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2011

Source

Article said:
Sweden has experienced a sharp rise in explosions in recent years, predominantly related to conflicts between warring criminal gangs...
Bomb explosions = Meh
Talking about bomb explosions = PANIC!

Schrödinger's cat

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2011
Last edited:

Schrödinger's cat

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2011
BBC said:
Comic Relief to cut back on celebrity appeals after Stacey Dooley row
Comic Relief is to send fewer celebrities abroad after criticism that stars like Stacey Dooley were going to Africa as "white saviours".
Source

Fragile racists win.
Honk honk!

Last edited:
Reactions: Toecutter

Psydonk

Jun 17, 2015
Man so fucking crazy, right wing grifters who have always been disingenuous with their positions are oh, look, disingenuous with their positions.

I'll wait as you explain to me how hard-right wing grifters who literally spout far-right conspiracies like Agenda-21 while throwing support towards isolationist authoritarian far-right political parties are "classical liberals" beyond a bullshit label.

>also conservatives making fun of other people for "conspiracy" :messenger_tears_of_joy:

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: matt404au

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Man so fucking crazy, right wing grifters who have always been disingenuous with their positions are oh, look, disingenuous with their positions.

I'll wait as you explain to me how hard-right wing grifters who literally spout far-right conspiracies like Agenda-21 while throwing support towards isolationist authoritarian far-right political parties are "classical liberals" beyond a bullshit label.

>also conservatives making fun of other people for "conspiracy" :messenger_tears_of_joy:
That's a lot of projection, and a lot of artificial framing of the argument.

Why would anyone need to explain anything to you, especially when you charge in with the accusation of "right wing grifters" and tryhard 4chan greentext about "conservatives making fun of others for conspiracy"?

I'm not quite sure what your assertion even is.

Do you feel as though an audience is watching you? Do these thoughts guide your other thought-processes?

infinitys_7th

Oct 1, 2006
The interesting thing is that they have no quantification behind that goofy little chart. It is just drawing lines between people who appeared together or talked at some point and acting like it means something.

Oh, Obama talked with Harvey Weinstein one time. Obama is obviously a serial rapist. You can do that sort of shit with anyone to smear them.

Psydonk

Jun 17, 2015
That's a lot of projection, and a lot of artificial framing of the argument.
Lol wut?

Why would anyone need to explain anything to you
Because I'm accused of pushing conspiracy, for saying that people that literally spout far-right talking points and conspiracies, while supporting political parties that are basically the exact fucking opposite of any form of "classical liberalism" are not classical liberals, which isn't that far of a stretch.

I'm not quite sure what your assertion even is.
Uhh the modern social right is fuelled by mostly retarded conspiracies that make no sense? I mean, the literal thread this came from claims that Alt-right is a conspiracy to delegitimize rational logical positions by the "left" (read: anyone that isn't a reactionary culture war wingnut including much of the centre-right) who are apparently too afraid to dare debate the these oh so rational centrist classical liberal positions like.. uhh oh freedom of move..nope, free trade dea... nope, anti-authoritarianism well at least we get lip service .. oh look, supporting isolationist authoritarian parties nope... bodily autonomy for wom.. nope

I mean that picture is completely meaningless. I'm not saying that Sargon or Milo or Molyneux and their ilk aren't Classical liberals because they're seen with the far-right, I'm saying they're not classical liberals because they've repeatedly, espoused far-right talking points and conspiracy, repeatedly support authoritarian right wing parties across the West, hold hilariously illiberal positions beyond throwing a shitfit when some right winger gets some limp wristed moderation on Twitter or some shit which seems to be the only time they care about free speech, seem to largely hold views just to be contrarian to the left often making them literally spout completely anti-free market dogshit when it especially comes to the energy market. (Suddenly Government intervention and price rigging on behalf of coal, nuclear and natural gas is good!).

But yeah, you know, despite these figures basically holding no views that would be considered classically liberal beyond vague, vulgar lip service to free speech and free markets when it suits them, nor blatantly ever reading classical liberal thinkers or classical political economy beyond a quick skim of Road to Serfdom and butchering Adam Smith, they're total classical liberals sure, whatever you guys say.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Lol wut?

Because I'm accused of pushing conspiracy, for saying that people that literally spout far-right talking points and conspiracies, while supporting political parties that are basically the exact fucking opposite of any form of "classical liberalism" are not classical liberals, which isn't that far of a stretch.

Uhh the modern social right is fuelled by mostly retarded conspiracies that make no sense? I mean, the literal thread this came from claims that Alt-right is a conspiracy to delegitimize rational logical positions by the "left" (read: anyone that isn't a reactionary culture war wingnut including much of the centre-right) who are apparently too afraid to dare debate the these oh so rational centrist classical liberal positions like.. uhh oh freedom of move..nope, free trade dea... nope, anti-authoritarianism well at least we get lip service .. oh look, supporting isolationist authoritarian parties nope... bodily autonomy for wom.. nope

I mean that picture is completely meaningless. I'm not saying that Sargon or Milo or Molyneux and their ilk aren't Classical liberals because they're seen with the far-right, I'm saying they're not classical liberals because they've repeatedly, espoused far-right talking points and conspiracy, repeatedly support authoritarian right wing parties across the West, hold hilariously illiberal positions beyond throwing a shitfit when some right winger gets some limp wristed moderation on Twitter or some shit which seems to be the only time they care about free speech, seem to largely hold views just to be contrarian to the left often making them literally spout completely anti-free market dogshit when it especially comes to the energy market. (Suddenly Government intervention and price rigging on behalf of coal, nuclear and natural gas is good!).

But yeah, you know, despite these figures basically holding no views that would be considered classically liberal beyond vague, vulgar lip service to free speech and free markets when it suits them, nor blatantly ever reading classical liberal thinkers or classical political economy beyond a quick skim of Road to Serfdom and butchering Adam Smith, they're total classical liberals sure, whatever you guys say.
So projection and framing of the argument it is.

Thanks for the contribution to the Clown World thread. You've made one of the nicer exhibits.

Last edited:

Sleepydays

Sep 12, 2017
Ok, guys after this video I need a break. This video has fried my brain cells immensely, and I need time to recuperate.

Watched this and the Fleccas video at the Pride parade. I have to say: I'm surprised at how quickly I've went from broadly supporting gay marriage to having an active disdain for these people. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in that.

They have massively, massively overplayed their hand given their minute number, and squandered the goodwill extended to them on pursuing hateful, petty vendetas against anyone who disagrees with them slightly. It's hard to imagine a serious backlash isn't coming, and they'll have no-one to blame but themselves.

infinitys_7th

Oct 1, 2006
rational centrist classical liberal positions like.. uhh oh freedom of move..nope, free trade dea... nope, anti-authoritarianism well at least we get lip service .. oh look, supporting isolationist authoritarian parties nope... bodily autonomy for wom.. nope
Why would isolationism be considered "illiberal"? What does freedom have to do with manipulating other countries?

Reactions: appaws

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
Watched this and the Fleccas video at the Pride parade. I have to say: I'm surprised at how quickly I've went from broadly supporting gay marriage to having an active disdain for these people. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in that.

They have massively, massively overplayed their hand given their minute number, and squandered the goodwill extended to them on pursuing hateful, petty vendetas against anyone who disagrees with them slightly. It's hard to imagine a serious backlash isn't coming, and they'll have no-one to blame but themselves.
Well, keep in mind that these events are not really showcasing the "get married" types.

Sleepydays

Sep 12, 2017
Well, keep in mind that these events are not really showcasing the "get married" types.
Yeah, there's probably a distinction to be made there. That said, I'm hearing precious little from that part of the community in terms of dissent.

There needs to be a moderate counter - from within - to the extremist positions, vindictiveness and agression that's currently front-and-center in the LGBT movement. If that doesn't happen, they'll suffer as a whole.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
No.

Don't teach kids to count calories.

They might... you know... be able to use that knowledge as a tool to help keep themselves from becoming obese and dying of preventable diseases.

But hey, at least they can be "brave" and "stunning" at the beach.

Reactions: RSB

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Yeah, there's probably a distinction to be made there. That said, I'm hearing precious little from that part of the community in terms of dissent.

There needs to be a moderate counter - from within - to the extremist positions, vindictiveness and agression that's currently front-and-center in the LGBT movement. If that doesn't happen, they'll suffer as a whole.
Moderate gay centrists like Dave Rubin are alreadly labeled alt-right and gay men in general are already losing their privilege card.

To anyone just coming out of the closet and hoping to get his bearings in the gay male community, the attitude towards women is simple: They are just objects whose function is to serve gay men.
I didn't read through all of those three articles, there were dozens to choose from.

My theory: in the never ending privilege war of intersectionalism, anything resembling normalcy is 'privilege'. So, this is why it's considered a knock against a mixed race person if they can 'pass' for white, or a gay man if they can 'pass' for straight. So extremism is a natural self defense against excommunication. Nobody can accuse you of having passable privilege if you staple a dildo to your forehead.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Lol wut?

Wow, literally everything you just said is a lie. 😂

🤡 In this very thread.