Clown World Thread | 🤡🌎 | pɐǝɹɥ⊥ pןɹoM uʍoןϽ

Shaqazooloo

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
I'm saving my Trump and Race card for a rainy day. Never know, I might just get arrested one of these days for being black...

merlinevo

Neo Member
Apr 28, 2019
Silly, black people can't do anything wrong and if you think they can or you catch them doing something bad, you're a racist!
That is the heart of the problem with the black lives matter movement. It is a movement that is all about excusing criminals and legitimize anti social behavior. Got caught selling cigarettes, don't worry about that but pay attention to the racist cop for doing his job. Got caught for speeding, don't worry about that but pay attention to the racist cop for doing his job. Got caught stealing from a liquor store, don't worry about that but pay attention to the racist cop for doing his job. Almost every one of the cases the black lives matter stand for it's always the same circumstance, black person started a chain of events that lead to their predicament and blaming law enforcement.

Shaqazooloo

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Yeah most of it just shifting blame over to police officers. I hate this narrative that law enforcement is evil or racist. Having so many black family members around me in my area I'm always hearing about someone shooting another, stealing or selling drugs. These people aren't going to jail because cops are racist, it's because of there own actions. Me personally I've never gotten mixed up in any of the bad crowds, I'm not being questioned or arrested by the police for no reason and I don't feel discriminated against. Just stay out of trouble, but I guess that's a little too hard for some people and they have to blame someone else for it...

Last edited:
Reactions: matt404au

John Lee Packard

Gold Member
Jan 25, 2018
Southeastern USA
That is the heart of the problem with the black lives matter movement. It is a movement that is all about excusing criminals and legitimize anti social behavior. Got caught selling cigarettes, don't worry about that but pay attention to the racist cop for doing his job. Got caught for speeding, don't worry about that but pay attention to the racist cop for doing his job. Got caught stealing from a liquor store, don't worry about that but pay attention to the racist cop for doing his job. Almost every one of the cases the black lives matter stand for it's always the same circumstance, black person started a chain of events that lead to their predicament and blaming law enforcement.
That is more or less the attitude on the left nowadays, that black people should be free to do whatever they want, break any law and never face any consequences no matter what.

Reactions: Shaqazooloo

John Lee Packard

Gold Member
Jan 25, 2018
Southeastern USA
Everything wrong with the present day in one photograph,

Fat woman aside, "my" truth is such creepy Orwellian bullshit, no one has their own "personal" truth, there is only one truth regardless of what you think about it.

But damn, this is really where we're at now, using ugly fat women as fashion models? It's not enough to have attractive "plus size" girls, oh no, they've got to make them totally unattractive.

Society has gone insane.

CurryPanda

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2019

Fat woman aside, "my" truth is such creepy Orwellian bullshit, no one has their own "personal" truth, there is only one truth regardless of what you think about it.

But damn, this is really where we're at now, using ugly fat women as fashion models? It's not enough to have attractive "plus size" girls, oh no, they've got to make them totally unattractive.

Society has gone insane.
It gets worse:

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia

Society has gone insane.
Hey, she’s beautiful to @brap

Shaqazooloo

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
I honestly cannot believe how crazy things have gotten. I kind of regret going on the internet and seeing all this insane stuff that people put out there. In 2015 I didnt know anything about anything and I sort of miss those days because now I find myself getting frustrated when I think about the current state of things and the direction we are headed in.

StormCell

Dec 11, 2018
I honestly cannot believe how crazy things have gotten. I kind of regret going on the internet and seeing all this insane stuff that people put out there. In 2015 I didnt know anything about anything and I sort of miss those days because now I find myself getting frustrated when I think about the current state of things and the direction we are headed in.
I can relate with you. I don't remember anything nearly this crazy in the '90s. I do long for those days some times, but it does help me to read GAF and to know that it's not just me. I really think that a lot of people feel the political g forces of all these political changes. We've been here in history before, and none of this is really new.

Whatever happens, it will work out. There will always be a new balance. At least for me, there's too much life to live to spend being frustrated over someone else's politics. :)

autoduelist

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2014

5 years. It only took 5 years.

I just watched a great interview with Jonathan Haidt on this, it was primarily discussing the birth of all this nonsense. @matt404au , I think you were asking about how it all started recently, this is a great take.

Now, don't get me wrong, a lot of it was brewing in the background. Some stuff got big at OWS, other nonsense has been here for decades. But Haidt pinpoint 2014 when it just went mainstream fast. When trigger warnings and microagressions and all this nonsense became household words.

Reactions: matt404au

Gashtronomy

Apr 19, 2019
I don't know who they asked, I think about sex, having super-powers and how i'm going to become a billionaire on a constant cycle. The only time i think about football is when I see a headline and I think about how i'm glad I don't care about football :messenger_tears_of_joy:

autoduelist

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2014
I swear most of the degenerate articles are coming from VICE these days.
I haven't seen anyone put all the pieces together, but intersectionalism seems well funded.

Disney just talked about it having to write off hundreds of millions with Vice, etc.

HRC spent hundreds of millions, a good chunk of it pushing the divisive 'deplorable' campaign.

Obama signed the "Countering Disinformation And Propaganda Act" which many believe funnelled hundreds of millions into various left wing media orgs.

Tim Pool discusses how venture capitalists that didn't care about politics encouraged various outlets to go far left because it chased clicks, and far left moms were the clickiest of clicks. He had a recent piece on how they even developed a formula to create articles and secondary articles to get clicks.

Disney and other media corporations clearly chasing those dollars while pushing an agenda .

----
My point being, I think, in addition to all of the natural forces leading up to clown world [internet speeding things up, post modernity, Marxism in classrooms, single motherhood rates, etc] I think billions of dollars were spent in accelerating it for a variety of disconnected reasons - making money, political aspirations, government agenda.

And here we are. Thanks Obama.

Last edited:

dolabla

Oct 9, 2013

• Women's soccer star Megan Rapinoe became famous in 2011 for proudly singing 'Born in the USA' after scoring a goal during a FIFA World Cup qualifying match
  • But Rapinoe recently told Yahoo Sports she probably won't be singing or honoring the National Anthem during World Cup competition this summer
  • In eight years, she's gone from patriotic champion to 'woke' US cultural critic
  • In 2016, Rapinoe took a knee during a pre-game National Anthem performance in solidarity with former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick
  • In response, the United States Soccer Federation created a rule requiring players to stand 'respectfully' during the playing of the anthem
  • Rapinoe previously said she would abide by the new rule
  • But she told Yahoo Sports the era of US President Donald Trump makes her feel compelled to be a 'walking protest'

autoduelist

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2014
2+2=5

The conflicting messages are intentional. They create cognitive dissonance in true believers and break down the ability to critically think. Someone trained to believe multiple conflicting beliefs at the same time becomes numb to it, and will be more likely to buy into the party line.

When confronted with cognitive dissonance, the healthy response is to confront it head on, resolve it, and reject the weaker idea. The unhealthy option is to ignore it, accept it, justify it.

Cognitive dissonance was first investigated by Leon Festinger, arising out of a participant observation study of a cult which believed that the earth was going to be destroyed by a flood, and what happened to its members — particularly the really committed ones who had given up their homes and jobs to work for the cult — when the flood did not happen.

While fringe members were more inclined to recognize that they had made fools of themselves and to "put it down to experience," committed members were more likely to re-interpret the evidence to show that they were right all along (the earth was not destroyed because of the faithfulness of the cult members).

This is the reason the cult of intersectionality is so dangerous. It has weaponized cognitive dissonance. It embraces it whole heartedly, and anyone who speaks out [ie, a radical feminist saying 'men aren't women, tho'] will be shamed, demonized, and expelled from the group. The faithful gain power by calling out others. Either accept it, embrace it, or you are a racist, sexist, bigoted, fascist alt-right. Intersectionality has turned cognitive dissonance into a recruiting tool. It's an extremely dangerous, virulent ideology that is tearing apart society as we watch.

Last edited: