Clowns are now a symbol of racism...

crowbrow

Feb 28, 2019
This trolling strategy is genius in this day and age because it exposes everything that is wrong with the approach from the modern vocal left.

Sorry for the long and serious rant but it became bigger than I thought.

First it exposes the left lack of humor. This is a matter to laugh it off and ignore it but since the left has basically banned humor and everything has to be taken seriously they are condemned to take this seriously and, actually, make it a serious matter. The left has dug itself into a joyless hole of triggers and offenses where nothing can be dismissed since everything can damage feelings from someone. I truly believe humor is one of the most amazing human traits, we are probably the only species capable of humor which is a testament on how it is connected to higher order cognitive capabilities. Humor is a serious matter (forgive the pun) because it allows to approach taboo subjects and ease the dealing of them. Instead of banning humor, if the left were smart, they would appropriate it and use it to their advantage by also laughing at themselves. But banning humor has converted them into joyless and soulless bots that are practically incapable of detecting even the most obvious humor. If you don't believe me go to resetera and look how clueless people there are on the thread about T-series bypassing PDP, basically they are somehow oblivious that PDP was doing this as a joke and that the congratulations song video is a damn joke. These people are borderline brain dead.

Second it exposes the complete distortion of priorities the left has. As a person who identifies with leftist values myself, I remember how happy I was with the Occupy Wall street movement back in the day. Why? Because as a person from the left I can identify that most social problems we face right now including those of inequality and discrimination are consequences of economic problems. Economics is possibly the most social of sciences because it permeates all our social lives and interactions. If you want to tackle the root of most problems that concern the left start watching things from an economic perspective. The Occupy Wall Street movement was a good first step because it put economic inequality as a main topic of discussion when before that discussion was not mainstream. There's nothing more important for social justice than to focus on the economy and its fundamental weaknesses. So what the hell happened? Well silicon valley, as the emergent corporate power back then, basically realized they were fucked if the discourse was going to tackle their position as economical powerhouse so what they did is basically shift the focus from economic inequality to stuff like unequal pay, unequal representation, unequal spreading of legs on a subway, basically they managed to shift the focus from the source of a deep social problem into the realm of superficial appearance in the name of "progressiveness" and they pretend the solutions lie there while, at the same time, supporting a devastating corporate culture that is the root problem underlying most of those smaller and superficial ones. The last election was basically what solidified this dumbing down of the left, they had the possibility to support a candidate that had the economic problems in sight including everyone from white poor populations from minorities in Bernie Sanders and instead they chose to side with the neoliberal traditional politician who is part of the corporate elite because if you look between her legs, you can't see a penis. And they dared call everyone else a traitor and sexist pig for not supporting her for a superficial trait while ignoring, for example, stuff like Clinton supporting a right wing coup in Honduras that ended up murdering so many innocents and valuable people fighting this awful corporate dynamics. Why do they allow themselves to ignore that? Because, to use their own woke and millennial progressive terminology, of privilege. They basically have the privilege to ignore the honduran people getting murdered and focus on how offended they feel by a man spreading his legs on the subway and making this the focus of their outrage. Parallel to this, nobody will give them victim points and they can't excerpt their power through a computer screen in Honduras but they can if they take pictures of men spreading their legs and act as if they were raped, suddenly they're climbing the social outrage hierarchy by earning victim points and concerning themselves about murdered honduran people supported by their corporate progressive female flagpole simply doesn't give them so much prestige and instagram admiration. Their problems are an ode to hipsterism, they have to be progressive, given fancy names like microaggressions and manspreading and, most importantly, avoid tackling or dealing with any of the real problems while also being in complete agreement with the e-corporate culture that transforms everything into a selfie(ish) superficial image where appearance and not substance is the norm.

The left is now a fucking carcass and a pathetic image of what they could have been -- again a sad testament of our selfie-obsessed culture where everything is about image. So troll sites like 4chan have them completely figured out and can wrap them around their little finger with such easiness. The NPC meme is another brilliant one. Faceless drones with no capacity for deep thought anymore, everything they do is a trigger/response action configured by their predefined categories like "asian black pansexual multigendered transfeminine". Basically once you choose a label for yourself (the more adjectives you use the highest on the hierarchy you are) all your personality devolves into that and you are no longer an individual but a superficial mass of absurd adjectives that work as a category, just like an NPC. This works well for people that are too stupid to deal with an image of themselves that doesn't require a label, the label basically comes with all the manual of how to act and respond to the specific triggers. It's truly an abomination.

Dunki

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2017
I don't see where the controversy is coming from to be honest. I didn't expect this to be a controversial subject.

I would like to think that most people would agree that racists are indeed clowns. ;)
So are left extremists and modern Feminists like Anita S and?^^

The problem is hat they use the new trailer from the Joker movie to pushtheir stupid agenda. And some even argue that such a movie should no exist at all. These people are lunatics and many leftists media "reporter" are also lunatics in this regard.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
This trolling strategy is genius in this day and age because it exposes everything that is wrong with the approach from the modern vocal left.

First it exposes the left lack of humor. This is a matter to laugh it off and ignore it but since the left has basically banned humor and everything has to be taken seriously they are condemned to take this seriously and, actually, make it a serious matter. The left has dug itself into a joyless hole of triggers and offenses where nothing can be dismissed since everything can damage feelings from someone. I truly believe humor is one of the most amazing human traits, we are probably the only species capable of humor which is a testament on how it is connected to higher order cognitive capabilities. Humor is a serious matter (forgive the pun) because it allows to approach taboo subjects and ease the dealing of them. Instead of banning humor, if the left were smart, they would appropriate it and use it to their advantage by also laughing at themselves. But banning humor has converted them into joyless and soulless bots that are practically incapable of detecting even the most obvious humor. If you don't believe me go to resetera and look how clueless people there are on the thread about T-series bypassing PDP, basically they are somehow oblivious that PDP was doing this as a joke and that the congratulations song video is a damn joke. These people are borderline brain dead.

Second it exposes the complete distortion of priorities the left has. As a person who identifies with leftist values myself, I remember how happy I was with the Occupy Wall street movement back in the day. Why? Because as a person from the left I can identify that most social problems we face right now including those of inequality and discrimination are consequences of economic problems. Economics is possibly the most social of sciences because it permeates all our social lives and interactions. If you want to tackle the root of most problems that concern the left start watching things from an economic perspective. The Occupy Wall Street movement was a good first step because it put economic inequality as a main topic of discussion when before that discussion was not mainstream. There's nothing more important for social justice than to focus on the economy and its fundamental weaknesses. So what the hell happened? Well silicon valley, as the emergent corporate power back then, basically realized they were fucked if the discourse was going to tackle their position as economical powerhouse so what they did is basically shift the focus from economic inequality to stuff like unequal pay, unequal representation, unequal spreading of legs on a subway, basically they managed to shift the focus from the source of a deep social problem into the realm of superficial appearance in the name of "progressiveness" and they pretend the solutions lie there while, at the same time, supporting a devastating corporate culture that is the root problem underlying most of those smaller and superficial ones. The last election was basically what solidified this dumbing down of the left, they had the possibility to support a candidate that had the economic problems in sight including everyone from white poor populations from minorities in Bernie Sanders and instead they chose to side with the neoliberal traditional politician who is part of the corporate elite because if you look between her legs, you can't see a penis. And they dared call everyone else a traitor and sexist pig for not supporting her for a superficial trait while ignoring, for example, stuff like Clinton supporting a right wing coup in Honduras that ended up murdering so many innocents and valuable people fighting this awful corporate dynamics. Why do they allow themselves to ignore that? Because, to use their own woke and millennial progressive terminology, of privilege. They basically have the privilege to ignore the honduran people getting murdered and focus on how offended they feel by a man spreading his legs on the subway and making this the focus of their outrage. Parallel to this, nobody will give them victim points and they can't excerpt their power through a computer screen in Honduras but they can if they take pictures of men spreading their legs and act as if they were raped, suddenly they're climbing the social outrage hierarchy by earning victim points and concerning themselves about murdered honduran people supported by their corporate progressive female flagpole simply doesn't give them so much prestige and instagram admiration. Their problems are an ode to hipsterism, they have to be progressive, given fancy names like microaggressions and manspreading and, most importantly, avoid tackling or dealing with any of the real problems while also being in complete agreement with the e-corporate culture that transforms everything into a selfie(ish) superficial image where appearance and not substance is the norm.

The left is now a fucking carcass and a pathetic image of what they could have been -- again a sad testament of our selfie-obsessed culture where everything is about image. So troll sites like 4chan have them completely figured out and can wrap them around their little finger with such easiness. The NPC meme is another brilliant one. Faceless drones with no capacity for deep thought anymore, everything they do is a trigger/response action configured by their predefined categories like "asian black pansexual multigendered transfeminine". Basically once you choose a label for yourself (the more adjectives you use the highest on the hierarchy you are) all your personality devolves into that and you are no longer an individual but a superficial mass of absurd adjectives that work as a category, just like an NPC. This works well for people that are too stupid to deal with an image of themselves that doesn't require a label, the label basically comes with all the manual of how to act and respond to the specific triggers. It's truly an abomination.
I think this is a good summary of how actual morals have been replaced with "muh L I V E D E X P E R I E N C E"-based morals i.e. highly narcissistic, stunted people who can exist in these numbers due to the very freedoms of speech and freedom of expression they want to control and tear down. This busted moral foundation isn't exclusive to the Left but it is far more prevalent (ultimately, we are all guilty of selfishly elevating our goals and desires over those of others).

How do you think society can bring back the valuable aspects of liberalism while excising this identity-politics cancer? I don't think IdPol is an inherent pillar of the traditional Left. If anything, IdPol is more closely associated with far-right race-based supremacy/national groups than anything else. The KKK and the Far Left both agree on segregation, for instance.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
So all the most innocent and positive hand gestures are now "right wing hate symbols"? What's "14 words"?
From Wikipedia:

Description

Fourteen Words, 14, or 14/88, is a reference to the fourteen-word slogan “We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children, ” or the less commonly used "Because the beauty of the White Aryan woman must not perish from the earth."

John Lee Packard

Gold Member
Jan 25, 2018
Southeastern USA

I find myself thinking a lot about OWS and how it was the turning point.

Basically shit started getting too real so the corporate world decided to fuck with people as one big misdirection tactic.

Divide everyone up by race, gender and culture so all the 99% are at each other's throats and not paying attention to the 1%

We have the left now literally saying that a rich white man and a poor white man have more in common due to their "white privilege" than a poor white man and a poor black man, which is on it's face absurd, so obvious a division tactic and yet morons on the left eat that shit up with a spoon.

We have a left now that acts like "representation" in movies and TV shows is as serious a matter as anything else in life, who treat fucking movies as political victories.

Last edited:

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
Wow, Pennywise is going to be so disappointed.

I just sit back and laugh as the crazed Left moves from moral outrage to moral outrage the way people in a store go from aisle to aisle. I always try to get along even with people whose politics I disagree with, like I could totally go have a beer with a Democrat and argue some shit out and walk away feeling okay about it, but these sad souls are so depressingly uninteresting and unfun that I literally just wouldn’t have anything to engage with them on. They’re just unpleasant to be around, like a really bad fart in an elevator.

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
From Wikipedia:

Description

Fourteen Words, 14, or 14/88, is a reference to the fourteen-word slogan “We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children, ” or the less commonly used "Because the beauty of the White Aryan woman must not perish from the earth."
Lol yeah I remember internet sleuths decoded a random page from a homeland security website “with 8 paragraphs and 44 points” or whatever but when you looked at the site there were like 7 points and it only made sense if you were trying really hard.

Part of the damning language was that it included “protect our homeland” or something similar which is like, no shit, this is the website for homeland security, your gonna find that phrase a lot.

It’s amazing that they don’t even see their own culpability in all this either. Clinton and Obama both ramped up the natsec homeland security state. “But no, they were good guys. It’s all done by secret nazis burying code words.”

People are delusional!

Mahadev

Mar 5, 2007
I never agreed with 4chan's politics but I've got to admit, these motherfuckers are fucking hilarious. Their trolling is ingenius, of course it doesn't help that there are so many lifestyle-"leftists" right now that are completely braindead, not only they took the bait but when they're told it's bait they still go on chewing it. Woke twitter blue checkmarks specifically must be some of the dumbest people in existence.

Rudelord

Jun 11, 2013
We must secure the existence of our honklers and a future for white facepaint.

Last edited:

Dunki

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2017
------------------------------------------------------------------> *Joke Post*

*your head*
No I would call these idiots clows nd clowns exist on both sides. Someone like Milo howeve is not really a clown but rather a troll^^

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
I actually like trolls. It is effective social engineering and modern satire. Voltaire would have been a troll. Machiavelli would have been a troll. Same with Chaucer, Swift and even Plato, had they had modern communications technology at their disposal.

I don’t really understand why it has developed such a negative connotation. Then again, people clutched their pearls over Plato and Chaucer and Swift. The internet used to be srs business though, and somewhere along the it’s growth into social media it became “real”.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
I actually like trolls. It is effective social engineering and modern satire. Voltaire would have been a troll. Machiavelli would have been a troll. Same with Chaucer, Swift and even Plato, had they had modern communications technology at their disposal.

I don’t really understand why it has developed such a negative connotation. Then again, people clutched their pearls over Plato and Chaucer and Swift. The internet used to be srs business though, and somewhere along the it’s growth into social media it became “real”.
It is religious fervor at the root.

This is the same behavior exhibited by thin-skinned Christians who couldn't accept criticism or mocking (what happened to" turn the other cheek"? What happened to "woe to you when everyone speaks well of you, for that is how their fathers treated the false prophets"?).

It's not the ideology itself to blame, per se, but the underlying human ego that this dogma is feeding. This is narcissistic behavior. Those who need the world around them to change to solve internal dilemmas are not mentally stable people, by definition. They are projecting instead of addressing internal problems and taking it out on the world around themselves.

autoduelist

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2014

OWS spread bad ideology like a particularly virulent case of influenza. Richard Dawkins, who first wrote about memes, defined them as virus. They have a protective shell, can replicate, mutate. He wasn't talking about internet memes, but just bits of idealogy [he was writing about this in 1976].

Think of it as evolution, though even bad ideas can prosper if the protective shell is good enough. The shell is the outer casing of the ideology. A classic example is the term 'smart drugs', which is catchy and interesting because it combined culturally contradictory words and instantly transmits layers of information, but any ad slogan or even large religion share these characteristics.

During OWS, which itself is powerfully memetic, a lot of people recognized some of the significant issues in the world but completely misdiagnosed causes and solutions. Most participants were young and still impressionable, and particularly vulnerable to ideology due to a lifetime of bulldozer and/or helicopter parenting.

This is where intersectionalism reared its ugly head, in a multi-pronged attack. It was a full service meme. It defined the problem [white men, capitalism, etc], it defined the solution [itself], and it defined every aspect of behavior- from replacing clapping with snapping, to deciding who speaks first based on skin color, gender, sexuality, to safe spaces, to words as violence. It was very protective of itself, teaching members to shun and exclude anyone who spoke in a way critical of itself [banning, punch a nazi, words are violence, call out culture, shut up and listen]. It used other memes, like the ones I just mentioned, as powerful defense mechanisms. It embraces the cognitive dissonance of conflicting ideas, which usually serves as a wake up call but here serves as a purity test. Question the conflicting narrative, and you will be kicked out [an easy example is girl power vs. no genders vs. trans in sports, but there are dozens of other examples].

It was, and is, a cult. And its particularly dangerous because it rewards radicalization - you need to point out something 'problematic' [or at least cluck in dissapproval] to declare your membership... which is why songs and games and statues and movies and haircuts and everything else is now symbolic of oppressing something. Clowns and hand signals, too, of course.

It offered power to a group of souls who considered themselves powerless, creating woke agents of the dark side, completely oblivious to their own racism and internalized hatred. And boy, is it a powerful and intoxicating meme. And while many of these ideas were gaining strength in certain places like university, OWS was like science experiment gone wild, introducing these memetic seeds to many to fester and grow [and be watered by places like universities] until they bloomed into what we see now.

We've seen this before in youth culture. Every generation has its counter culture, from free love hippies reacting to Vietnam to punk to grunge, etc. I think the hippies are perhaps the closest analog in many ways, though it was self defeating because 'free love' led to kids and responsibility, and 'turn on, tune in, drop out' and 'peace and love' generally led to nonconfrontation [yelling and spitting at soldiers aside]... and many of those kids went on to create the famously material 80s. Intersectionalism, on the other hand, learned from failures like this and thrives on direct engagement and othering the enemy as racists, fascists, etc.

What we have now is far more dangerous, because it's far more widespread, more viral, more seductive and has had a longer gestation period. It grew big enough to be embraced by politicians and talking heads. The natural control structure of old media is also gone, replaced by infinite channels and a mainstream media forced to chase click bait.

Last edited:

daveonezero

Nov 19, 2018
They have a vested interest in continuing the myth of a large and growing white nationalist movement, because it frees them to be openly racist against white people and keep their waka waka orange man bad Russia maga maga narrative going.

Therefore, they fall right into the hands of being played because they literally benefit if everyone doing the ok symbol is a nazi. The more things that make you a nazi the better.

If you don't believe people take this seriously, just listen to the huge debate on the Tim Pool/ Twitter Joe Rogan podcast about the photo of the police officers playing the circle game. A huge debate whether the upside down ok sign made them nazis, with only tim pool talking common sense.

For the record, that game has existed for decades. In the philly area in the 80s, the rules were if you looked, you got punched in the arm, but if you could thread the needle [poke a finger through the hole before they realized you saw it] you punched them twice in the arm.
Oh I understand that.

I'm more referring to the article Tim Pool is going over. The author still goes with this narrative you outlined yet put a quote in their article saying the whole thing is a joke. The level of disconnect is truly baffling.

4chan has proven to make this tactic work in many instances yet these which hunters are still falling for it.

Off the top of my head I know 4chan did "free bleeding", Pepe, the OK game, and now the clown. Yet despite evidence these people still continue to get trolled and respond with outrage.

MacReady13

Jun 22, 2018
From Wikipedia:

Description

Do people out there in the wild actually believe this shit???

Edited to clarify- by "believe in this shit" I am talking about people believing in the fact these hand gestures mean what you wrote?! Surely people can't be that stupid?

Last edited:

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Do people out there in the wild actually believe this shit???

Edited to clarify- by "believe in this shit" I am talking about people believing in the fact these hand gestures mean what you wrote?! Surely people can't be that stupid?
Yes, they can

autoduelist

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2014

A wild racist clown appears.
[And yes, he is still the Democrat governor of Virginia]

Actual quote from this meltdown at 3 minute mark:
"This is the fucking future. A black, bisexual, mentally Ill clown!"

She also goes on to say she is a "half vegan... got that as well, whoop whoop clitches". She says clitches a lot. There is no such thing as half vegan.

Remember everybody, she votes.

Last edited:

John Lee Packard

Gold Member
Jan 25, 2018
Southeastern USA
OWS spread bad ideology like a particularly virulent case of influenza. Richard Dawkins, who first wrote about memes, defined them as virus. They have a protective shell, can replicate, mutate. He wasn't talking about internet memes, but just bits of idealogy [he was writing about this in 1976].

Think of it as evolution, though even bad ideas can prosper if the protective shell is good enough. The shell is the outer casing of the ideology. A classic example is the term 'smart drugs', which is catchy and interesting because it combined culturally contradictory words and instantly transmits layers of information, but any ad slogan or even large religion share these characteristics.

During OWS, which itself is powerfully memetic, a lot of people recognized some of the significant issues in the world but completely misdiagnosed causes and solutions. Most participants were young and still impressionable, and particularly vulnerable to ideology due to a lifetime of bulldozer and/or helicopter parenting.

This is where intersectionalism reared its ugly head, in a multi-pronged attack. It was a full service meme. It defined the problem [white men, capitalism, etc], it defined the solution [itself], and it defined every aspect of behavior- from replacing clapping with snapping, to deciding who speaks first based on skin color, gender, sexuality, to safe spaces, to words as violence. It was very protective of itself, teaching members to shun and exclude anyone who spoke in a way critical of itself [banning, punch a nazi, words are violence, call out culture, shut up and listen]. It used other memes, like the ones I just mentioned, as powerful defense mechanisms. It embraces the cognitive dissonance of conflicting ideas, which usually serves as a wake up call but here serves as a purity test. Question the conflicting narrative, and you will be kicked out [an easy example is girl power vs. no genders vs. trans in sports, but there are dozens of other examples].

It was, and is, a cult. And its particularly dangerous because it rewards radicalization - you need to point out something 'problematic' [or at least cluck in dissapproval] to declare your membership... which is why songs and games and statues and movies and haircuts and everything else is now symbolic of oppressing something. Clowns and hand signals, too, of course.

It offered power to a group of souls who considered themselves powerless, creating woke agents of the dark side, completely oblivious to their own racism and internalized hatred. And boy, is it a powerful and intoxicating meme. And while many of these ideas were gaining strength in certain places like university, OWS was like science experiment gone wild, introducing these memetic seeds to many to fester and grow [and be watered by places like universities] until they bloomed into what we see now.

We've seen this before in youth culture. Every generation has its counter culture, from free love hippies reacting to Vietnam to punk to grunge, etc. I think the hippies are perhaps the closest analog in many ways, though it was self defeating because 'free love' led to kids and responsibility, and 'turn on, tune in, drop out' and 'peace and love' generally led to nonconfrontation [yelling and spitting at soldiers aside]... and many of those kids went on to create the famously material 80s. Intersectionalism, on the other hand, learned from failures like this and thrives on direct engagement and othering the enemy as racists, fascists, etc.

What we have now is far more dangerous, because it's far more widespread, more viral, more seductive and has had a longer gestation period. It grew big enough to be embraced by politicians and talking heads. The natural control structure of old media is also gone, replaced by infinite channels and a mainstream media forced to chase click bait.
I've said that before, that it literally is a cult.

This is what's so terrifying about it, our civilization is gradually being taken over by a Scientology level cult and there might be nothing we can do about it.

I had the misfortune of debating with a true blue SJW on another site and it was like talking to a brick wall, once this mindset takes a hold of someone there's basically no convincing them otherwise.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013

A wild racist clown appears.
[And yes, he is still the Democrat governor of Virginia]

Actual quote from this meltdown at 3 minute mark:
"This is the fucking future. A black, bisexual, mentally Ill clown!"

She also goes on to say she is a "half vegan... got that as well, whoop whoop clitches". She says clitches a lot. There is no such thing as half vegan.

Remember everybody, she votes.
History shows Virginia had plenty of those Democratic governors in their day. ;)

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
I've said that before, that it literally is a cult.

This is what's so terrifying about it, our civilization is gradually being taken over by a Scientology level cult and there might be nothing we can do about it.

I had the misfortune of debating with a true blue SJW on another site and it was like talking to a brick wall, once this mindset takes a hold of someone there's basically no convincing them otherwise.
The danger with intersectionalists is that they aren’t out ranting and raving on the street corners like traditional zealots (though they do get inordinate amounts of media coverage), they’re locked away in ivory tower academic institutions modifying truth itself to conform to their regressive world view. These people are smart, but they’re ideologically broken. They are willing to lie and distort and implement their ideology “by any means necessary”. They know that they can filter their views downstream to culture by manipulating statistics and pushing out biased and unscientific research. The media don’t peer review their content, they just report on it — it’s not their job to peer review and they’re not capable anyway. Then the dummies who place inexplicable amounts of faith in the media just gobble it down and parrot it to their social circles. It’s why the corruption of academic institutions is so dangerous — they are quite literally the last line of ideological defense.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Why do you idiots keep posting these retarded Matt Bors comics? They’re the most smug, obnoxious misrepresentations of the issues. In this case, actual media corporations are reporting on the ok symbol being a white power symbol. There’s even an unironic alt-right accusation in the first panel. There’s a big difference between 4chan memelords trolling gullible idiots and actual white supremacists.