Clowns are now a symbol of racism...

Saruhashi

Oct 2, 2018
Why do you idiots keep posting these retarded Matt Bors comics? They’re the most smug, obnoxious misrepresentations of the issues. In this case, actual media corporations are reporting on the ok symbol being a white power symbol. There’s even an unironic alt-right accusation in the first panel. There’s a big difference between 4chan memelords trolling gullible idiots and actual white supremacists.
Ah c'mon. Let them be.
It all adds to the hilarity of it all.

"Oh god, the alt-right is adopting clown memes now?"
Hahahaha. Didn't even get past the first speech bubble of the first frame without shitting the bed and missing the entire point.

Remember when "don't feed the trolls" was the basic rule to live by?
Now it's "do exactly what the trolls want and act proud as fuck while you do it". Amazing.

Honk. Honk.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Ah c'mon. Let them be.
It all adds to the hilarity of it all.

"Oh god, the alt-right is adopting clown memes now?"
Hahahaha. Didn't even get past the first speech bubble of the first frame without shitting the bed and missing the entire point.

Remember when "don't feed the trolls" was the basic rule to live by?
Now it's "do exactly what the trolls want and act proud as fuck while you do it". Amazing.

Honk. Honk.
Yeah, but the smug NPCs keep linking them like they’re some kind of auto-win gotcha when they’re just the typical modern leftist shit takes with a piss poor understanding of the situation and zero humour. Negative humour, even. I miss the old left that evolved a sense of humour to combat the religious right that held cultural power.

John Lee Packard

Gold Member
Jan 25, 2018
Southeastern USA

Every single comic this asshole creates is the exact same formula, a stupid asshole white guy says something stupid and a woman (usually not white) looks befuddled as if to say "can you BELIEVE this stupid asshole white guy!?"

Of course we all know putting "stupid asshole" before white guy is redundant, amirite?

DKehoe

Jun 19, 2007
Why do you idiots keep posting these retarded Matt Bors comics? They’re the most smug, obnoxious misrepresentations of the issues. In this case, actual media corporations are reporting on the ok symbol being a white power symbol. There’s even an unironic alt-right accusation in the first panel. There’s a big difference between 4chan memelords trolling gullible idiots and actual white supremacists.
I'm not that familiar with his other comics to be honest, so I can't comment on those. But I guess I'll explain my perspective on it and why I posted the comic. I don't want to speak for anyone else so I'm not part of some wider group, just giving my own opinion. Although I am an idiot, so you got me there. But sadly I can't speak for all idiots, there are a lot of us after all.

Do I think the people on 4chan etc. who decided to make people think that the ok symbol is linked to white supremacists are actually white supremacists? Nah, they just like fucking with people for the sake of it. But most people aren't going to look too deep into this stuff so when someone reads an article saying "X is a symbol of white supremacists" they're just going to accept it and move on. Yeh, they shouldn't just do that. We should all be reluctant to just accept what we read at face value. But that's a wider problem. The thing the comic conveys for me is how ridiculous the trollers make themselves look and that they do so thinking they are getting a reaction from a majority who just don't give a shit. Someone being super into a cartoon frog just to "trigger the left" is just kinda weird and worth ridiculing just as much as SJWs getting up in arms over nothing is. I think the issue is both of these groups think they are aiming at wider group than they are.

You're right though. I probably could have conveyed that better than just posting a comic.

Last edited:
Reactions: matt404au

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
I'm not that familiar with his other comics to be honest, so I can't comment on those. But I guess I'll explain my perspective on it and why I posted the comic. I don't want to speak for anyone else so I'm not part of some wider group, just giving my own opinion. Although I am an idiot, so you got me there. But sadly I can't speak for all idiots, there are a lot of us after all.

Do I think the people on 4chan etc. who decided to make people think that the ok symbol is linked to white supremacists are actually white supremacists? Nah, they just like fucking with people for the sake of it. But most people aren't going to look too deep into this stuff so when someone reads an article saying "X is a symbol of white supremacists" they're just going to accept it and move on. Yeh, they shouldn't just do that. We should all be reluctant to just accept what we read at face value. But that's a wider problem. The thing the comic conveys for me is how ridiculous the trollers make themselves look and that they do so thinking they are getting a reaction from a majority who just don't give a shit. Someone being super into a cartoon frog just to "trigger the left" is just kinda weird and worth ridiculing just as much as SJWs getting up in arms over nothing is. I think the issue is both of these groups think they are aiming at wider group than they are.

You're right though. I probably could have conveyed that better than just posting a comic.
The downward spiral of "no, no, no, we really should be ridiculing the ridiculer, too, because... you know... that's just as bad as the people who believe this stuff like it's a religion" will end up giving the upper hand to whoever is funnier.

And that definitely isn't the Left.

You're actually "feeding the troll" when you try to make it a serious issue. It's not. They know it's not. They're preying on people who have no sense of scale or perspective and who therefore take these things way out of proportion. You are also taking things out of proportion with this suggestion, meaning you are being trolled by them as well.

Saruhashi

Oct 2, 2018
Yeah, but the smug NPCs keep linking them like they’re some kind of auto-win gotcha when they’re just the typical modern leftist shit takes with a piss poor understanding of the situation and zero humour. Negative humour, even. I miss the old left that evolved a sense of humour to combat the religious right that held cultural power.
Yeah, it's been like a complete role reversal in recent times.

Like the right decided "hang on maybe we've been taking ourselves too seriously" and became a bit more able to joke and laugh at themselves.
Then the left responded by deciding everything is super serious and restrictions must be placed on what you are allowed to laugh at.

I mean, you're WAY more likely to have a good laugh and a good time hanging out on 4chan than you would be on, for example, ResetEra.
That's something of a huge PR failure for the left.

These pathetic comics are really nothing more than Kirk Cameron's "Crocoduck" from 2007.
A total misrepresentation of the situation designed purely for smug cunts to say "checkmate atheists".

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia

Alright, I guess I was hasty in calling you an idiot, but I’ve seen these Matt Bors comics popping up more recently and it’s almost always a smug NPC type linking them to own the alt-right. They’re always the shittest takes devoid of humour and reliant on massive strawmen.

With respect to the 4chan memes, if there’s anyone who comes off looking stupid, it’s those who don’t look too deeply and accept it but don’t move on. They buy into the narrative and join the social media outrage brigade. These are the ones that the memelords target and they do it very effectively. Like, they’re doing it anonymously, while the targets are busy triggering all over the place on twitter under their real names, so who is the comic even supposed to represent?

DKehoe

Jun 19, 2007
The downward spiral of "no, no, no, we really should be ridiculing the ridiculer, too, because... you know... that's just as bad as the people who believe this stuff like it's a religion" will end up giving the upper hand to whoever is funnier.

And that definitely isn't the Left.

You're actually "feeding the troll" when you try to make it a serious issue. It's not. They know it's not. They're preying on people who have no sense of scale or perspective and who therefore take these things way out of proportion. You are also taking things out of proportion with this suggestion, meaning you are being trolled by them as well.
I'm not saying to make it a serious issue. Just that it should either be ignored or made fun of too. I also don't think that by making fun of people who are super into Pepe we need to stick up for SJWs acting ridiculous. It doesn't have to be a partisan thing where it's one or the other. Both can be made fun of.

Which bit am I taking out of proportion? I don't necessarily mean everyone that trolls should be treated that way. Trolling can be fun and it's good to remind people to not take shit too seriously. So I've got no issue with the vast majority of people that do it. But as with all things there are people who take it too far. The people who wear Pepe tshirts, their avatars are Pepe etc. it becomes this core part of their identity and that's fucking lame. It's like how being concerned about social issues is fine but don't make it your entire identity and way you view the world.

Alright, I guess I was hasty in calling you an idiot, but I’ve seen these Matt Bors comics popping up more recently and it’s almost always a smug NPC type linking them to own the alt-right. They’re always the shittest takes devoid of humour and reliant on massive strawmen.

With respect to the 4chan memes, if there’s anyone who comes off looking stupid, it’s those who don’t look too deeply and accept it but don’t move on. They buy into the narrative and join the social media outrage brigade. These are the ones that the memelords target and they do it very effectively. Like, they’re doing it anonymously, while the targets are busy triggering all over the place on twitter under their real names, so who is the comic even supposed to represent?
No worries, I appreciate you engaging me on it. In retrospect it was pretty lazy posting on my part. So thanks for helping me to reconsider what I'm trying to say.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Yeah, it's been like a complete role reversal in recent times.

Like the right decided "hang on maybe we've been taking ourselves too seriously" and became a bit more able to joke and laugh at themselves.
Then the left responded by deciding everything is super serious and restrictions must be placed on what you are allowed to laugh at.

I mean, you're WAY more likely to have a good laugh and a good time hanging out on 4chan than you would be on, for example, ResetEra.
That's something of a huge PR failure for the left.

These pathetic comics are really nothing more than Kirk Cameron's "Crocoduck" from 2007.
A total misrepresentation of the situation designed purely for smug cunts to say "checkmate atheists".
It’s the cultural power dynamic. Humour is a means of speaking truth to power — punching up, in other words. It’s why the court jester archetype is the only one allowed to tell the truth to the mad king. The left developed its sense of humour when the religious right held cultural power in the 90s and 00s. They’re still employing the same tactics now like they’re punching up, but they’re actually punching down, and punching down makes you look like a dick. They don’t realise they’ve held the cultural power for a long time. The flow of knowledge is academia -> media -> culture and the left controls both academia and the media and therefore the culture. They also control the schooling system — essentially the trifecta of institutions that control what people think. It’s why Trump’s election was such a shock.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
I'm not saying to make it a serious issue. Just that it should either be ignored or made fun of too. I also don't think that by making fun of people who are super into Pepe we need to stick up for SJWs acting ridiculous. It doesn't have to be a partisan thing where it's one or the other. Both can be made fun of.

Which bit am I taking out of proportion? I don't necessarily mean everyone that trolls should be treated that way. Trolling can be fun and it's good to remind people to not take shit too seriously. So I've got no issue with the vast majority of people that do it. But as with all things there are people who take it too far. The people who wear Pepe tshirts, their avatars are Pepe etc. it becomes this core part of their identity and that's fucking lame. It's like how being concerned about social issues is fine but don't make it your entire identity and way you view the world.

No worries, I appreciate you engaging me on it. In retrospect it was pretty lazy posting on my part. So thanks for helping me to reconsider what I'm trying to say.
Those aren’t equivalent situations though. The people who are super into Pepe are generally self-aware as far as I can tell. They’re doing it to mock people who get triggered by a cartoon frog. It’s kinda the point, and it’s not truly their religion. SJWs are the total opposite and have no self-awareness, hence why they’re more deserving of being mocked. They’re also emboldened and normalised by biased media and censorious social media giants, so they’re kinda dangerous.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com

Most jokes are "fucking lame", full stop. Most people are "fucking lame", myself included, since from a zoomed-out view we all spend huge amounts of time on "fucking lame" activities.

This isn't about serious or not serious, lame or not lame. It's about an ideology (identity politics) which props itself up as an authority as to what is or isn't racist. People should always mock those kind of institutions, if for no other reason than it sharpens the adherents and helps them face up to mistakes and misunderstandings.

However, the self-correction mechanism appears entirely absent from this ideology, making it a very easy target to mock. An anonymous message board and a bunch of trolls are making a mockery out of an established ideology that is taught in universities. Focusing on the jesters is missing the point: some internet trolls are bringing an ideology to its knees, an ideology with thousands of careers and billions of dollars wrapped up into it.

Granted, it is juvenile to spend your day mocking SJWs, but a whole host of things are juvenile, so it's besides the point.

DKehoe

Jun 19, 2007
Most jokes are "fucking lame", full stop. Most people are "fucking lame", myself included, since from a zoomed-out view we all spend huge amounts of time on "fucking lame" activities.

This isn't about serious or not serious, lame or not lame. It's about an ideology (identity politics) which props itself up as an authority as to what is or isn't racist. People should always mock those kind of institutions, if for no other reason than it sharpens the adherents and helps them face up to mistakes and misunderstandings.

However, the self-correction mechanism appears entirely absent from this ideology, making it a very easy target to mock. An anonymous message board and a bunch of trolls are making a mockery out of an established ideology that is taught in universities. Focusing on the jesters is missing the point: some internet trolls are bringing an ideology to its knees, an ideology with thousands of careers and billions of dollars wrapped up into it.

Granted, it is juvenile to spend your day mocking SJWs, but a whole host of things are juvenile, so it's besides the point.
Totally agree about the usefulness of ridicule to help people reconsider what they think. People making fun of my own bad post is what's got me reflecting on my thoughts on this. Also if a belief can't hold up to being made fun of then it must not have any substance to it.

People trying to restrict freedom of speech is certainly a bigger issue than someone just acting obnoxious. So I'm certainly not trying to defend that. But as I said I think it doesn't have to be a case of only finding one or the other ridiculous. Thanks for talking to me about this though. I appreciate it.

Johnny Silver

Neo Member
Oct 24, 2018
This is a very intelligent strategy and one with a long term end goal in mind from 4Chan.

Basically they will expand this into as many mundane aspects of life as possible so that the fundamental nature of the modern left is reveiled. After enough people have been annoyed over the most innocent of issues the number of them that will see the left/sjw/identity politics as a threat to their well being and a force actively against them will only increase.

As a bonus, if 4Chan can even mix some elements in their meme catalogue such as a rainbow (like with the clown's wig) and simply spam it enough times without complex, the crazy left will predictably also hate it but then they enter a conondrum, where they would have to supress themselves and implode from the inside, showing the unsustainability of the principles their own movement is based on.

I think someone else has said this before but I'll repeat it here again, 4chan isn't filled with austists or "extremists" (whatever that word means), but rather is filled with extremely intelligent people that can see through the crap and destructive hypocrisy our society is going through, they only express it in a satirical way.

4Chan is doing a very important service to society with all of this. This will have important positive long term returns.

The only ones here making a fool out of themselves is the left in general and the absurdity that is their modern political narrative.

(edited)

Last edited:

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
May 22, 2018
lol the incredulity on that woman's face. someone burst her safe space bubble and she can't believe it

Reactions: Jkdmaster99

autoduelist

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2014
Someone being super into a cartoon frog just to "trigger the left" is just kinda weird and worth ridiculing just as much as SJWs getting up in arms over nothing is. I think the issue is both of these groups think they are aiming at wider group than they are.
@Johnny Silver covered many if the points I was going to above, his post is worth rereading. Watch the sargon video above, too. I'll hit some points from a different angle and try not to repeat either JS's post or SoA.

-----

The mistake in this is being too reductionist about why they are trolling SJWs - simply thinking of it as trolling misses the greater point. The humor is intentional because that is what makes it a successful memetic virus - humor is fuel to memes, it feeds both replication and mutation.

This stuff is grassroots, militarized memetic warfare. The ok sign and pepe are a response to, and an attack on, the controlling, censorial ideology of the intersectionalists. And not only does it work, its like hitting a weak point on a boss monster.

Think of it this way: the ok symbol is a test. Can we [not me, they] get them to surrender the okay symbol? From there, the movement will predictably replicate and mutate and take more and more symbols, milk, clowns, rainbows. The ideology of the far left leaves them naked to this strategy, and it shows everyone else [ie, normal people] how intellectually flawed the ideology is. As Sargon puts it, there is a 'moral weakness' in their ideology that leads to handing over everything to the so-called Nazis [who aren't actually Nazis].

It's like feeding a stupid monster. The far left is endlessly searching for enemies, for new nazis, for something to call racist or sexist. So the tricksters are just feeding them, feeding them, till they explode. But the social warriors literally can't help themselves, even knowing it's a joke, their ideology forces them to make it real. They need more enemies because their ideology demands everyone not like them is an enemy. And nobody within has the moral strength to stand up and do an ok symbol for fear of being ousted as a nazi [and the rare attempt to reclaim a symbol, like the clown girl one in this thread, come off as a psychotic break and make them look even more unhinged].

But laughter is also, as they say, the best medicine. For anyone outside the ideological battle [that is, people not in the intersectional cult] the morally righteous are exposed as moral simpletons.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
4chan needs to co-opt hair dye and being fat so then SJW's will really be screwed. Lets think of what else we can turn Nazi to keep it away from leftist. I say Burgers, Pizza, Video games, Sex, Showering, brushing your teeth, changing your underwear, the list can go on and on.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
I'm glad she's triggered and standing up for the two black guys who walk by and dgaf. Someone needs to speak for them, amirite?
When are they going to realize that the majority doesn't give a damn, and just want to go about their daily lives?

triplestation

Dec 23, 2008
NYC
I'm glad she's triggered and standing up for the two black guys who walk by and dgaf. Someone needs to speak for them, amirite?
NOT TRUE, I think she should join the two black guys in not giving any attention. Hopefully she's learned that through this experience. :D

Shaqazooloo

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Ugh... you know people putting up signs saying "it's Okay to be white" in Canada (I think it was even my province, I forget) and that crap made the news. People legitimately saying it's white supremacy. What a joke, this really is clown world

HONK HONK

CurryPanda

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2019
Ugh... you know people putting up signs saying "it's Okay to be white" in Canada (I think it was even my province, I forget) and that crap made the news. People legitimately saying it's white supremacy. What a joke, this really is clown world

HONK HONK
Yea it’s all so annoying. Every race has a right to exist on this planet. Celebrating ones culture and people isn’t supremacy. It’s just being proud of where one comes from and celebrating ones culture.

ViceUniverse

Mar 12, 2019
I gotta admit that 4chan is consistent at getting this stuff into the internet world every 3-4 months. They're good at it. Pepe, NPC, Clown World, and more to come. Liberals can't help but not ignore it either.

Last edited: