• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo discontinued worldwide, new program to follow

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Nope, no new games being released will have them. Your best bet is to buy used or New Games before 2015 for a code.

KTGarda

Do we know if games are going to continue to be shipped with CN codes until 3/31 or did that end with the announcement? I have a few games coming before the cutoff, so I hope so...I need these 100 coins to get Platinum, or I am screwed lol

Nope, no new games being released will have them. Your best bet is to buy used or New Games before 2015 for a code.

eShop games made before 1/20/15 still give coins, instead of trying to gamble with used copies. Don't give up yet, you have until March! :)

DedValve

Banned
Can ANYONE log into club nintendo? I've been trying for 2 days now nonstop and the farthest I got was a white page. I signed in last week just fine...

so is EU club nintendo getting anything good like NA has with those redeemable games? or is there no chance at this point?
Expect a slow trickle of goods with 1 or 2 each month until the end. I don't see any hope for digital goods though (outside of that terrible get Nintendo points you can't use on the eShop "deal").

Last week there was the Link Between Worlds OST, some people found that good. Frankly all I want now are the 3DS game cases (which should happen given America has them so they are in production).

Personally a throw up everything like American has done might be better but given how the site is dead two days on suggests it has drawbacks.

_woLf

So do the digital games that you can choose from give you more surveys and coins? Or are they blocked from that?

krae_man

Can ANYONE log into club nintendo? I've been trying for 2 days now nonstop and the farthest I got was a white page. I signed in last week just fine...

Logging in is the easy part. Staying logged in and redeeming coins is the hard part. I managed 3 times today and ordered the Messanger Bag, Animal Crossing Cards and the Puzzle. So it just takes persistence.

Raw64life

Well that blows. I'm 100 points off from platinum and was contemplating getting Kirby and Majora's Mask to get there but I guess that's off the table. Watch the platinum reward be something I actually want now after getting nothing I cared about the last 2 years.

kennah

Well that blows. I'm 100 points off from platinum and was contemplating getting Kirby and Majora's Mask to get there but I guess that's off the table. Watch the platinum reward be something I actually want now after getting nothing I cared about the last 2 years.

Nintendo has said outright that it is going to be a digital download like last year.

LeetBM

Neo Member
Does anyone wants free coin codes? I think I have dozens of unregistered games. If yes, add me on Twitter (@NextGenPlayer). If there's interest, I'll give away the codes on there first come, first serve.

graywolf323

Gold Member
Does anyone wants free coin codes? I think I have dozens of unregistered games. If yes, add me on Twitter (@NextGenPlayer). If there's interest, I'll give away the codes on there first come, first serve.

followed you but I doubt I'll be able to get any of the codes since Club Nintendo doesn't seem to want me to login :-/

Revenile

Lol I just logged in and there's a survey for New Super Mario Bros U... I never bought the game and didn't redeem coins on it. Too bad there's nothing worth only 100 coins on here, cause then I could get a second thing xD

Terrified

Can someone explain the difference between the EU 'Stars' and the US 'Coins'?

I logged in today after realising I probably had some points accrued for old purchases (no longer a Nintendo console owner), and found I had 1050 Stars to use. Reading through some of the threads on here I thought that would be plenty, since there seems to be digital downloads and games etc available for 600-900 Coins, but 1050 Stars only gets me some wallpaper and/or ringtones.

Is there something I'm missing? Also, is there any way of gifting these to someone who can make better use of them?

Fireblend

Banned
Can someone explain the difference between the EU 'Stars' and the US 'Coins'?

I logged in today after realising I probably had some points accrued for old purchases (no longer a Nintendo console owner), and found I had 1050 Stars to use. Reading through some of the threads on here I thought that would be plenty, since there seems to be digital downloads and games etc available for 600-900 Coins, but 1050 Stars only gets me some wallpaper and/or ringtones.

Is there something I'm missing? Also, is there any way of gifting these to someone who can make better use of them?

EU Club Nintendo =/= American Club Nintendo

NoE has yet to announce anything like what's going on with the American CN right now, which is what everyone is talking about.

Terrified

EU Club Nintendo =/= American Club Nintendo

NoE has yet to announce anything like what's going on with the American CN right now, which is what everyone is talking about.

Yeah, I get that - I'm just confused by the weird differences in value-per-point, and was hoping someone could explain why Stars don't seem to have the same value as Coins. No big deal, just genuinely curious...

Zeeman

Yeah, I get that - I'm just confused by the weird differences in value-per-point, and was hoping someone could explain why Stars don't seem to have the same value as Coins. No big deal, just genuinely curious...

Europe gets 250 stars for registering a retail game, NA gets 40-60 coins or so. That's why there's the huge difference in value.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I have 950 points... what to get...

The bag is tempting, but it says velcro closure, yuck! And I have a theory that the image will be screen-printed, which would be awful since that always gets rubbed off, as opposed to embroidery or normal printing. With normal printing I would be undecided, but embroidery I would be all-in. I could always sell it, likely for a pretty penny since Zelda fans are insane, but I am not a desperate person so as to go to all that trouble for not very much money (meaning less than $200).

Looking at the games, I'm thinking...

Mario & Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move
Sakura Samurai
Kretzal's Corridors
NES Remix

Seems like a nice blend. 3D Classics Excitebike seems nice, but lacking in content compared to NES Remix which also makes for using up all my points rather than some going to waste. Alternatively I could get NSMB2 instead of the first 3, but I already have NSMB U so it seems like getting a lesser form, mostly just being in it for the coin challenge stuff. However, 8 of the games aren't actually linking to sales pages, so I think they are still in the process of adding more games, so I'll wait and see.

I've always wanted to try Chibi-Robo but unfortunately everyone says Photo Finder was a complete failure at doing the photography part well, which is a huge downer. The character and gameplay of the first game seems perfect for Wii U, something that would really come into it's form like Pikmin 3 did, so I hope they are making it.

So, for those of you busily punching in codes: what's the standing record for the oldest release that turned out to be eligible? I've been trying out a stack of DS codes from the "My Nintendo" era and was surprised to score 30 coins off my release-day copy of Animal Crossing: Wild World (November 2005).

So, for those of you busily punching in codes: what's the standing record for the oldest release that turned out to be eligible? I've been trying out a stack of DS codes from the "My Nintendo" era and was surprised to score 30 coins off my release-day copy of Animal Crossing: Wild World (November 2005).

I think the older codes are all eligible. It wasn't until the Wii era that the included codes started having expiration dates.

When I registered all my remaining unused codes, it wasn't the oldest games that were expired, it was just a couple from like 3-4 years ago.

I have 950 points... what to get...

The bag is tempting, but it says velcro closure, yuck! And I have a theory that the image will be screen-printed, which would be awful since that always gets rubbed off, as opposed to embroidery or normal printing. With normal printing I would be undecided, but embroidery I would be all-in. I could always sell it, likely for a pretty penny since Zelda fans are insane, but I am not a desperate person so as to go to all that trouble for not very much money (meaning less than $200).

Looking at the games, I'm thinking...

Mario & Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move
Sakura Samurai
Kretzal's Corridors
NES Remix

Seems like a nice blend. 3D Classics Excitebike seems nice, but lacking in content compared to NES Remix which also makes for using up all my points rather than some going to waste. Alternatively I could get NSMB2 instead of the first 3, but I already have NSMB U so it seems like getting a lesser form, mostly just being in it for the coin challenge stuff. However, 8 of the games aren't actually linking to sales pages, so I think they are still in the process of adding more games, so I'll wait and see.

I've always wanted to try Chibi-Robo but unfortunately everyone says Photo Finder was a complete failure at doing the photography part well, which is a huge downer. The character and gameplay of the first game seems perfect for Wii U, something that would really come into it's form like Pikmin 3 did, so I hope they are making it.

Those games with invalid links are here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=150755690&postcount=3208

Woffls

I think the older codes are all eligible. It wasn't until the Wii era that the included codes started having expiration dates.

When I registered all my remaining unused codes, it wasn't the oldest games that were expired, it was just a couple from like 3-4 years ago.
The only one I have left is my copy of Paper Mario TTYD, which is still unscratched... but it's a Nintendo VIP code and I think I tried some of those on my other Gamecube games and it didn't work. This is European Club Nintendo, if that makes a difference.

None of my GameCube games worked. It let me register, but I didn't get anything for it.

I'm so depressed that I won't be able to get that messenger bag. I had like 800 coins saved up and a week before they made their announcement of discontinuing/adding all of the new rewards, I blew 400 on a DS case.

Now I'm sitting at 615 coins after adding the last of my games. Looks like I'm going to have to settle for something else, just sucks that I spent my coins RIGHT before they added the new stuff.

Top Bottom