• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo Discussion: Drastic fall in survey values coming on July 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glass Joe

Oh... the update for Super Mario Bros. (3DS VC) is now available in North America. Save states, new main menu icon, etc..

Cool thanks. I noticed it let me update without even deleting my high scores / progress. Now if they'd only add achievements to these games and let me play my already Wii downloads, I'd be ecstatic and they'd have a great download service worth using.

IrishNinja

in case anyone else was backordered: they finally shipped out my delayed zelda 25th anniversary posters yesterday or so, so keep an eye on your email!

Rich!

So, some guys here may remember that waaay back in december last year, I posted about how I requested for replacement ambassador games, as my original console was stolen.

Well, I randomly went onto the shop today..and there they were. yay! Only issue is, I'm trading my 3DS in next week for a Vita. Solution? I'm transferring my 3DS games onto my girlfriend's 3DS, then I can always end up transferring them back if I get another 3DS in the future.

huge amount of motion blur present on these games though, yikes

zroid

Banned
I'm trading my 3DS in next week for a Vita.

fzzczs.png

Kazerei

Banned
So, some guys here may remember that waaay back in december last year, I posted about how I requested for replacement ambassador games, as my original console was stolen.

Well, I randomly went onto the shop today..and there they were. yay! Only issue is, I'm trading my 3DS in next week for a Vita. Solution? I'm transferring my 3DS games onto my girlfriend's 3DS, then I can always end up transferring them back if I get another 3DS in the future.

huge amount of motion blur present on these games though, yikes

What about giving your 3DS to your girlfriend, and then trading in your girlfriend's 3DS?

Clipper

So, I had to send my 3DS in for repair. Got an e-mail this morning with a message to contact Nintendo for more information. Grumbled at this, as it costs quite a bit for me to call the US, but I did anyway.

Turns out that the message had nothing to do with my repair order and they instead want to deactivate my Club Nintendo account because I don't have a fixed US address. I'm currently checking whether they can just transfer the name and address to a friend I have that does live in the US, but I'm kind of pissed by the whole situation.

Yeah, the US address thing is part of their terms and conditions, so they are in their rights to do this, but man, it just seems pissy to give me a message asking me to call about my repair order and then giving me an "Is it OK for us to deactivate your account?" switcharoo instead...

Rich!

What about giving your 3DS to your girlfriend, and then trading in your girlfriend's 3DS?

She would never give up her ice white one. ever.

bit of a non-issue anyway, I can still play on hers. mine's been sat in it's box since I finished revelations.

Roto13

She would never give up her ice white one. ever.

bit of a non-issue anyway, I can still play on hers. mine's been sat in it's box since I finished revelations.

That... that doesn't seem like a very long time.

If you want to sell your 3DS, go for it, I don't care, I just don't think that particular statement is making the point quite as well as you might think it is. :p

Rich!

That... that doesn't seem like a very long time.

If you want to sell your 3DS, go for it, I don't care, I just don't think that particular statement is making the point quite as well as you might think it is. :p

hmm. It's been over a month, but yeah I'll still have one in the house and that's all that matters.

Clipper

Was thinking about logging in to fill in my remaining surveys and make one final checkout and it seems they already deactivated my account.

So basically, my Platinum status for this year is revoked and I have virtually no chance of getting it back this year as I wasn't hoarding my codes, except for Resident Evil Revelations (I doubt I can buy 550 coins of stuff by July). I also lose access to the 230 coins I had in storage and several hundred coins worth of unanswered surveys.

I plan to just create a new account with a US friend's name for my further purchases, but I'm pretty pissed that they'd screw me out of platinum for this Club Nintendo year like that. Hopefully I can still qualify for the Kid Icarus promotion somehow...

And if they delete my ambassador games off of my 3DS that is in for repair, there is going to be hell to pay...

Was thinking about logging in to fill in my remaining surveys and make one final checkout and it seems they already deactivated my account.

So basically, my Platinum status for this year is revoked and I have virtually no chance of getting it back this year as I wasn't hoarding my codes, except for Resident Evil Revelations (I doubt I can buy 550 coins of stuff by July). I also lose access to the 230 coins I had in storage and several hundred coins worth of unanswered surveys.

I plan to just create a new account with a US friend's name for my further purchases, but I'm pretty pissed that they'd screw me out of platinum for this Club Nintendo year like that. Hopefully I can still qualify for the Kid Icarus promotion somehow...

And if they delete my ambassador games off of my 3DS that is in for repair, there is going to be hell to pay...
Whoa WTF how did this happen?

Edit: oh I see, read your earlier posts. That's really assy. Had I known I'd have let you use my address.

Madao

holy crap man. that sucks so bad. they're treating customers outside US like total scum.

now i fear when my 3DS gets busted. fortunately i have 2 now so if one fails, i have backup and can transfer my stuff before i think about sending it for repairs (as long as it isn't a boot up issue)

this is seriously making me reconsider continuing to buy stuff in the shop. first, the shop isn't available in my country and now they do crap like this.

Clipper

Is it too late for you to give them a U.S. address?

Yes. It is because I'm too honest to say that I reside in the US. I just got off another phone call to them to confirm I can't get back any of my old codes and can't have it changed to a new name and address.

I'll make another account in a friend's name who does live there so that I can still get rewards and stuff in future. It looks like I won't be able to make Platinum in the current year again, though. Let's see...

Resident Evil Revelations = 50
Kid Icarus = 70
Mario Party 9 = 80

That still leaves me with 400 coins yet to gather... What else is coming out before July? Perhaps I should just give up on the Platinum gift this year and save codes for the next one instead...

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
That still leaves me with 410 coins yet to gather... What else is coming out before July? Perhaps I should just give up on the Platinum gift this year and save codes for the next one instead...

Crush 3D and Order Up... if you got both 3rd party titles, that's still only 100 coins.

There are folks who sell extra codes, but it might be difficult to get THAT many... unless the Wii U gets released, but I assume you'd buy the local version of that anyway.

Clipper

Crush 3D and Order Up... if you got both 3rd party titles, that's still only 100 coins.

There are folks who sell extra codes, but it might be difficult to get THAT many... unless the Wii U gets released, but I assume you'd buy the local version of that anyway.

I'll probably import the Wii U, but it's in the next Club Nintendo year, of course, so is moot to this discussion. I'm not getting Crush 3D and Order Up.

I guess Metal Gear 3 will give me another 50 coins. 3D Classics Kid Icarus will probably be worth 20 coins too. For the rest, I think I'd need to rely on charity.

I bet this is all happening because they're letting people redeem coins for games now.
Well, in my case I'm pretty sure it's because I made a polite request in the letter included with my console to ask if they could send to Australia if possible. I suspect that if I hadn't done that and just used the US forwarding address I had, they wouldn't have flagged it in the system. Thankfully, in a way, the fact they even know about that means they have received my system (despite them saying they haven't) as it was only mentioned in the letter I included with the console itself.

Clipper

Why import a Wii U? Which region?
From the US to Australia. Because the Aussie price will almost certainly be about twice the cost of the US price. Shipping and a transformer for the voltage will eat into that, but all the games will also be at about half price, so I save tons of money by importing and get earlier release dates and the other benefits of the US region as well.

This all assumes that the Wii U will be region locked, but of course it will be.

Edit: Looks like I may be reaching platinum again after all. I've got another Aussie mate that I helped to get an import system that doesn't want to use their codes and will give them to me instead, provided they can find them.

BowieZ

Banned
Okay, you drive a hard bargain. $500!

Although, in all seriousness, I will pay anything to own that Super Mushroom 3DS.

*sucks that I registered 5 eligible games before the competition date.

That looks nice but does it play Uncharted?

I'm jealous.

i got my vita with uncharted over two months ago. :p

Can you confirm whether the design is manufactured properly or is it moreso 'painted' on?

it's a white 3DS in all but the top lid, which is red plastic with the white dots (i think) painted on, but it doesn't feel like paint - it's all under the same laminate coating. the white dots actually look slightly pink next to the pure white of the body, though, in certain light at least. i'll take a bunch of pictures soon if you like!

BowieZ

Banned

it's a white 3DS in all but the top lid, which is red plastic with the white dots (i think) painted on, but it doesn't feel like paint - it's all under the same laminate coating. the white dots actually look slightly pink next to the pure white of the body, though, in certain light at least. i'll take a bunch of pictures soon if you like!
Please do!

Chopper

Holy shit dude. It's glorious. Are you J-Gaf?

Moar pictures please! I saw the boxes yesterday. Lovely package.

Right, so that's 1 confirmed Gaf winner. Can't wait to see if there are more.

*crosses fingers*

BowieZ

Banned
I still can't find any mention of the release of the special 3DS designs anywhere else on the Internets (besides this very GAF thread), let alone any images or video of them. Not even on the Japanese eBay.

I want to bid on one!

IrishNinja

zelda posters came in yesterday...man, there was no exaggeration in this thread about their quality, they're really top notch!
buying a frame for the 25th anniversary one tomorrow.

zroid

Banned
zelda posters came in yesterday...man, there was no exaggeration in this thread about their quality, they're really top notch!
buying a frame for the 25th anniversary one tomorrow.

I love how each one is printed on a different type of paper. I need to figure out what I'm gonna do with the spare Skyward Sword one I have now. Rolled it back up for the moment.

isny

napkin dispenser
I love how each one is printed on a different type of paper. I need to figure out what I'm gonna do with the spare Skyward Sword one I have now. Rolled it back up for the moment.

I sold my extra along with the previous set of Zelda posters and got close to $40.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I'm getting a new bonus survey on the Club Nintendo site - it's a 10 coin "Member Satisfaction Survey."

Is anyone else getting this?

Clipper

The new account I created (a fellow Aussie lent me enough codes to make Platinum) has the survey too, so it's not a loyalty thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom