• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo Discussion: Drastic fall in survey values coming on July 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSR

So it looks like Nintendo finally got around to launching the American version of Club Nintendo today: http://club.nintendo.com. It's actually pretty decent from what I've seen so far. Rewards include the Game & Watch Collection for DS, Nintendo-themed playing cards and Hanafuda Cards, various DS game holders, a Wii Remote holder, and some other stuff.

Registering a Wii game nets you 50 coins, a DS game gets you 30 coins, and Virtual Console/WiiWare games get you 10 coins. You can also earn 10 coins for saying you plan to buy a game and following through with the purchase, 10 coints for taking a survey about a registered game, and another 10 coins for a "Post Play" survey 4-6 weeks after that. Oh, and the Gold and Platinum statuses from the Japanese Club Nintendo are in the US version too. Anyone who earns 600 coins in a Club Nintendo year (July 1 - June 30) gets Platinum status and a free gift, while 300 coins gets you Gold status and a free gift (probably not as good as the Platinum gift, though).

Honestly, it's better than I expected. I thought Club Nintendo would be like the European version, but it seems like it's more in line with Japan's.

Edit: The site's down again... Looks like someone at Nintendo jumped the gun.

Edit #2: So now Club Nintendo is up again, but it's pretty buggy. Here's some info (courtesy of TSA) to help clear up any confusion about game registration and coins:

Can I register and take surveys on all products?
No, not all games can be registered and not all games you can register will qualify for a survey. We've added more information below to help you determine if you can register your game and whether it will qualify for a survey or not.

* Games Released December 2008 and After
All Wii and Nintendo DS games published by Nintendo in December 2008 and after can be registered and will qualify for surveys.

* Games released prior to December 2008
Many games released prior to December 2008 can be registered; however, of those games, only select Wii, Wii Shop Channel games, Wii Channels, and Nintendo DS games will qualify for surveys. See the list of games that can be registered and qualify for surveys below:

IF YOU REGISTERED THESE GAMES, YOU WILL EVENTUALLY GET COINS FOR THEM!

Wii Games
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
Endless Ocean
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Super Sluggers
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Wario Land: Shake It!
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Wii Fit
Wii Music
Wii Play

Wii Shop Channel games and Wii Channels
Alien Crush Returns
Art Style: Cubello
Art Style: Rotohex
Big Kahuna Party
Boingz
Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure
Brain Challenge
Bruiser and Scratch
Digital Champ Battle Boxing
Earthworm Jim
Enduro Racer
Forgotten Worlds
Gradius II Gofer No Yabou
Hockey Allstar Shootout
Home Sweet Home
Mega Man 3
Metal Slug 2
Pit Crew Panic!
Secret of Mana
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Space Harrier
Space Invaders Get Even
Space Invaders: The Original Game
Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition
Strong Bad Episode 3: Baddest of the Bands
Strong Bad Episode 4: Dangeresque 3
Strong Bad Episode 5: 8-bit is Enough
Sudoku Challenge!
Target Toss Pro: Bags
Tetris Party
The Incredible Maze
World of Goo
Yummy Yummy Cooking Jam

Nintendo DS Games
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Big Brain Academy
Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day
Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day
Clubhouse Games
Crosswords DS
Diddy Kong Racing
Electroplankton
Elite Beat Agents
Flash Focus: Vision Training in Minutes a Day
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Mario Kart DS
Mario Party DS
Master of Illusion
Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir
New Super Mario Bros.
Nintendogs: Chihuahua and Friends
Nintendogs: Dalmatian and Friends
Nintendogs: Labrador Retriever and Friends
Nintendogs: Miniature Dachshund and Friends
Personal Trainer: Cooking
Planet Puzzle League
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
Professor Layton and the Curious Village
Super Mario 64 DS
Tetris DS
Yoshi's Island DS

And the caveat, "Not all surveys are working at this time, so check back later".

JSR

And it's down just as fast as it went up... I managed to transfer my My Nintendo account to Club Nintendo, but now the site's gone. Weird.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
If I went and registered all the shit that I haven't registered yet, even stuff I bought at the Wii launch, would it give me the coins? Or is there some sort of cutoff point where you can't register anymore?

I was able to link my old My Nintendo account before it shut down again. Can't wait till it comes back up to see what all my old registereds get me.

:D

JSR

Even though Club Nintendo itself is down, the FAQ is still up and has most of the info on the program... So there's something to tide everyone over, lol.

Page is down for me, so I couldn't register but I'll probably try again later.

After reading the press release, I'm really glad that my My Nintendo account will transfer over - though what I'm really hoping is that everything I've ever registered with My Nintendo will be included in the transfer and I get my coins.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Sounds awesome, but it's not live yet. Soon though, since even My Nintendo log in is disabled!

Here's hoping they honor my existing DS/Wii/VC/WiiWare registrations... which are extensive. I expected GCN and GBA registrations to not count, so I'm not really disappointed in that sense.

I sure hope Canada is part of this deal. I've got a shitload of games that I haven't registered yet. Oh! 600 coins in a year you say? I think I got 12 games to register, sure!

Should give something for GBA/GC games. Even if it's only 10 coins a piece...

Anyway, I don't live in the US and I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle. I'll see the prices these stuff sell on eBay first, but I doubt I would pay even $10 for the G&W Collection when it's only 3 games.

sfog

Rewards include the Game & Watch Collection for DS

Keep in mind that, judging from its ESRB description, it's the same as the Japanese version, only including Donkey Kong, Greenhouse, and Oil Panic.

botticus

Mejilan said:
Sounds awesome, but it's not live yet. Soon though, since even My Nintendo log in is disabled!

Here's hoping they honor my existing DS/Wii/VC/WiiWare registrations... which are extensive. I expected GCN and GBA registrations to not count, so I'm not really disappointed in that sense.
FAQ says anything registered prior to Club Nintendo (specifically Wii Shop items) won't be there automatically and we'll have to call to tell them what we downloaded. Seems kinda dumb since that's already in their MyNintendo records.

AniHawk said:
Too bad you don't get anything for old GBA/GC games.

I'd love it if they did as I recently acquired a new copy of FFIV Advance this year as well as a used copy of Fire Emblem: PoR that had not been registered.

AniHawk

B.K. said:
How do you register games?

There's usually a piece of parchment with the code scrawled on the back located where the game owner's manual rests. Use that code online when you register your games.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
botticus said:
FAQ says anything registered prior to Club Nintendo (specifically Wii Shop items) won't be there automatically and we'll have to call to tell them what we downloaded. Seems kinda dumb since that's already in their MyNintendo records.

Wow, that's rubbish. I've probably got close to 100 valid (not GBA or GCN) registrations!

Hootie

sfog said:
Keep in mind that, judging from its ESRB description, it's the same as the Japanese version, only including Donkey Kong, Greenhouse, and Oil Panic.

Well, it's a good collector's item considering it's not sold in stores.

B.K.

AniHawk said:
There's usually a piece of parchment with the code scrawled on the back located where the game owner's manual rests. Use that code online when you register your games.

I see. I've never looked behind the owner's manual, so I've never seen that code before.

Spike

So, are our previously registered games retroactive, or are they going to pull the standard NoA shenanigans and only allow points to start accumulating from now?

CoilShot

Here an selection of items

28ceds3.jpg

B.K.

I just looked at some of my DS games. The only ones I found codes with are Animal Crossing and New Super Mario Bros.. Are first party games the only ones you can register?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
sfog said:

Well its the best thing there

JSR

B.K. said:
I just looked at some of my DS games. The only ones I found codes with are Animal Crossing and New Super Mario Bros.. Are first party games the only ones you can register?
Yeah, only first-party games come with registration PINs.

JSnake

JSR is that you? Mr. "Let's keep it game related, guys"? :eek:

I hope Club Nintendo comes back with a revival of the official NSider forums. Those forums were hilariously awful.

Hootie

Allan Holdsworth said:
16 Wii first-party games registered for G&W Collection :lol
Or 27 DS games.
(less with all those surveys, but still)

WTF...and I don't even have a Wii :lol

None of those freebies do anything for me. Actually, the two DS cases are pretty cool. And Game and Watch is a game, albeit a collection of relatively boring ones. Better than the 3 free issues of Nintendo Power for sure, though.

Heh seems kind of lame still. But I guess i'll have to buy some extra nintendo games just because I enjoy getting free things in the mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom