• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo Discussion: Drastic fall in survey values coming on July 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izayoi

Banned
Gravijah said:
Sheeeeet. So close to Platinum, which means I'm gonna have to hold out on registering my 3DS.
I'm going to have to register my 3DS to hit Platinum. 300 points short right now.

At least you get 50 points per game now.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Gravijah said:
Do they usually do that? Because damn it, I'm gonna be about 20 points short.
They had three surveys that popped up last year worth 10 each. I think they only did it last year though so I don't know if they'll do it again this year. The just showed up about two weeks before the year cycle ended and the expired on the first day of the new cycle.

EDIT: What I'm seeing in my history is "Member Satisfaction Survey (10 coins)" and "Thank you survey (30 Coins)" along with a few bonus surveys labeled as "holiday surveys" but I don't remember doing any around Christmas. Maybe I just had those in my queue and I didn't notice them until just before the expiration.

Gravijah

Jive Turkey said:
They had three surveys that popped up last year worth 10 each. I think they only did it last year though so I don't know if they'll do it again this year. The just showed up about two weeks before the year cycle ended and the expired on the first day of the new cycle.

Hm. Guess I'll have to watch out for it, if not I'll convert it to a family account and register one of the many AC:DS copies I have around.

Stage On

Just a heads up.

If you register your 3ds the survey for it has a very short expiration date. It said it would expire in very early april so I was forced to fill it out now or lose out on the coins.

I was only 100 away from platinum so that's 60 I could have used towards platinum next year :( Bah

Up to 800 coins now. Most I've ever heard. I'll probably just wait until some cool 3DS swag hits the store, which I'm sure it will sooner or later.

Roto13

Stage On said:
Just a heads up.

If you register your 3ds the survey for it has a very short expiration date. It said it would expire in very early april so I was forced to fill it out now or lose out on the coins.

I was only 100 away from platinum so that's 60 I could have used towards platinum next year :( Bah
Is the 3DS only worth 160 coins? :/

krae_man

Stage On said:
Just a heads up.

I think that's standard now. I entered codes for about 5 games yesterday and they all had an expiry date of one week later.

krae_man said:
I think that's standard now. I entered codes for about 5 games yesterday and they all had an expiry date of one week later.
Are you certain? I just put in the codes (but didn't do the surveys) for both Steel Diver and Pilotwings, and both are listed as "Product Registration Survey: Expires 3/27/2016".

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
So this was a surprise. UPS just showed up with my 3DS, but the delivery guy also had a large box for me from Nintendo of America. I hadn't ordered anything from them, so I didn't know what it could be. I open it up to find this:

4rvp9j9

The attached note says:

Nintendo said:
As a special surprise for being a loyal member, please enjoy this gift that includes a Wii Remote Plus controller, a copy of the Wii Party game, and more. Get your friends and family together for your own Wii Party, and get up and active with House Party games plus over 80 hilarious minigames. Thank you for being a member of Club Nintendo!
Sure enough, inside was a copy of Wii Party, a pink Wii Remote Plus controller, a Wii Party tip sheet, two Mii masks, and a $25 Domino's Pizza gift card. Crazy! This is slightly better than the picture of the Mario cast with Reggie's signature.

4t3e37w

isny

napkin dispenser
Whimsical Phil said:
So this was a surprise. UPS just showed up with my 3DS, but the delivery guy also had a large box for me from Nintendo of America. I hadn't ordered anything from them, so I didn't know what it could be. I open it up to find this:

Sure enough, inside was a copy of Wii Party, a pink Wii Remote Plus controller, a Wii Party tip sheet, two Mii masks, and a $25 Domino's Pizza gift card. Crazy! This is slightly better than the picture of the Mario cast with Reggie's signature.

I...what...?

Does Nintendo have Mary Kate and Ashley working for them now?

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
But what the hell did you do to make them send all of that? You must have a ton of coins or something. All I've done so far is get platinum status 2 times in a row.

Whimsical Phil said:
So this was a surprise. UPS just showed up with my 3DS, but the delivery guy also had a large box for me from Nintendo of America.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaah?!

I wonder what the requirements are. I've been a platinum member every year and then some so I hope I qualify for this box of generosity.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Whimsical Phil said:
4t3e37w

Whaaa... I want that... but as I've REGISTERED Wii Party, I don't think I'd ever get it.

Any idea why you got picked?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm over Platinum by like eighty points after registering two 3DS. I would have hold off on the second one, but I don't think I'm gonna buy any more Nintendo games for the next six months. The schedule looks pathetic.

Londa

Banned
Whimsical Phil said:

4rvp9j9

The attached note says:

4t3e37w

wtf?? how many points do you have?

A) How many coins must you have banked

and

B) How many of those are from games you actually purchased and not codes you snatched from Blockbuster/Gamestop cases?

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
Londa said:
wtf?? how many points do you have?
I don't have a ton of coins at the moment (just 210), but I have redeemed a pretty healthy amount of coins since the program started.

So far, I've gotten:
Both Game & Watch Collections for DS
Game & Watch: Ball
The Zelda and Mario poster sets
The mushroom tote bag
A set of Kirby patches
Grill-Off
One of the fans

Some quick math puts me at 4480 redeemed points so far. How many points have other people cashed in? I'm curious to see how much you need to spend to get this little bundle.

AbsoluteZero said:
B) How many of those are from games you actually purchased and not codes you snatched from Blockbuster/Gamestop cases?
I haven't snatched any codes, I can assure you.

Glix

I've been registering stuff on the website since the Gamecube days! Hook me up Reggie!!!

I've redeemed both Game and Watch games for the DS and the tote bag. Thats it, I think.

I have about 300+ coins right now. :(

Hex

Banned
I will have 500 if am able to register my gfs blue 3ds (already registered my black).
I have no idea what else I can buy to get the last 100 points by June.
Is it June 1 or June 31?

antonz

Seda said:
I'm ten points away from the Zelda poster..is that a good grab?
I really like the Zelda poster set. Twilight Princess one is really nice that even my Grandparents when they visited me in town commented on it and the History of Zelda one is great

JetBlackPanda

Gold Member
so I am currently platinum for the first time, how does this work? will they announce the platinum rewards for this year? all of my points I got from Nov onwards.

antonz

JetBlackPanda said:
so I am currently platinum for the first time, how does this work? will they announce the platinum rewards for this year? all of my points I got from Nov onwards.
At the end of June they will announce the Platinum reward for this year. Club Years Run July to June 30th.

JetBlackPanda

Gold Member
antonz said:
At the end of June they will announce the Platinum reward for this year. Club Years Run July to June 30th.

Oh ok thanks for the fast response, as long as my status says platinum I am good? I don't need to have the points still?

antonz

JetBlackPanda said:
Oh ok thanks for the fast response, as long as my status says platinum I am good? I don't need to have the points still?
Nope you can spend the points freely. Once you hit the 600 earned in a year you are platinum for the year

Metallix

Banned
Whimsical Phil said:

4rvp9j9

The attached note says:

4t3e37w

That is insane!

Has anyone else gotten this gift? Seriously, I have to figure out how to get my hands on it. I need Wii Party and a Wii Remote Plus, and if Nintendo of America will send me one for "free", I need to know how I can get it.

Londa

Banned
Whimsical Phil said:
I don't have a ton of coins at the moment (just 210), but I have redeemed a pretty healthy amount of coins since the program started.

So far, I've gotten:
Both Game & Watch Collections for DS
Game & Watch: Ball
The Zelda and Mario poster sets
The mushroom tote bag
A set of Kirby patches
Grill-Off
One of the fans

Some quick math puts me at 4480 redeemed points so far. How many points have other people cashed in? I'm curious to see how much you need to spend to get this little bundle.

I haven't snatched any codes, I can assure you.

So I'll be 50 before I ever see that gift (if it still exist by then). lol

So this is strange, but when registering my 3DS it says my serial number has already been registered? The package certainly SEEMED factory sealed from amazon. Has anyone else had this message?

Edit: WHOOPS, apparently the number on the manual is different than the number on the unit. That is... strange, but the number on the unit worked. I won't read too into this..

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Whimsical Phil said:

4rvp9j9

The attached note says:

4t3e37w
Who did you order the 3DS from?

I just joined a couple weeks ago so kinda a clubnintendo virgin. I got a few coins and im not crazy over anything but i need something for my 3ds so i was considering getting one of them cloth bags. so my question is do they add new stuff alot or just get the bag?

bubnbob

Banned
JackFrost said:
I just joined a couple weeks ago so kinda a clubnintendo virgin. I got a few coins and im not crazy over anything but i need something for my 3ds so i was considering getting one of them cloth bags. so my question is do they add new stuff alot or just get the bag?

They rarely add anything... worth considering

Clipper

The news bar mentions the change to survey registrations for newly registered products.

New change to the T&C says:

Club Nintendo said:
Do surveys expire?
Yes. In general, Product Registration surveys expire after 7 days, and Post Play surveys expire 120 days after registration. Please review the date listed next to the survey in your To-Do list to ensure that you take the survey before it expires.

So yeah, no more early registrations to get bonus coins in later years... What a pity.

Thank goodness I decided to import the 3DS from the US, though. I shouldn't have any problems making it to Platinum given I'm forced to import everything now, rather than choosing to import or buy local.

bubnbob said:
They rarely add anything... worth considering
They've actually been adding some good stuff every few months over the last year. The '10-'11 year is the best so far for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom