• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo (Europe): Coaster Sets now available

L~A

4 different models.

2500 stars each set of 2.

CMnNVAiWcAA_Orj.png:large

http://stars.nintendo-europe.com/?utm_medium=Nintendo+UK&utm_source=twitter&locale=en_GB

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Instead of spreading ill will, I'll choose simply to congratulate you Europeans on your good fortune. These are cute coasters.

I don't understand why a region where Nintendo makes less money gets the best rewards. Sure they're just coasters, but damn. The service is about to end and they keep getting new stuff

I don't understand why a region where Nintendo makes less money gets the best rewards. Sure they're just coasters, but damn. The service is about to end and they keep getting new stuff

Pretty much my thoughts as well, all my jelly

Remember reading Wii u tanking over there and yet they got MK8 special edition , hyrule warriors and bayonetta 2 collectors edition everywhere for pre order
NoA only got it in Nintendo world store(except bayonetta 2, that didn't even make it here lol)

Cool coasters though, should have had a wiggler set where each part of his body is a coaster

Daedardus

Pretty much my thoughts as well, all my jelly

Remember reading Wii u tanking over there and yet they got MK8 special edition , hyrule warriors and bayonetta 2 collectors edition everywhere for pre order
NoA only got it in Nintendo world store(except bayonetta 2, that didn't even make it here lol)

Cool coasters though, should have had a wiggler set where each part of his body is a coaster

In France, Belgium and the Netherlands (maybe Germany too, but that I don't know) there still is a very dedicated fanbase of Nintendo present. The 3DS and Wii U aren't tanking over there like they are doing in other parts of the world. By providing all these special editions, Club Nintendo rewards, the normal New 3DS,... they are providing some sort of fanservice which gets turned into brand loyalty. They know by releasing this stuff they get to keep to ball rolling.

wrowa

....club Nintendo wasn't dying ?

It's still dead. The only difference is that Europe's Club Nintendo is still running until September and that NoE choose to drop the final rewards one by one while NoA jsut released all of the final rewards on the same day. Europeans got a bunch of stuff the US didn't get, but the same is true the other way around as well. Those shirts, bags, puzzles, game downloads and whatnot Americans got a couple months back weren't available to Europeans (and won't be, either).

And, just to put the price of the coasters into perspective, you'll have to register 10 retail games in order to get enough stars for 2 coasters.

I don't understand why a region where Nintendo makes less money gets the best rewards.

We don't.

This is probably the first time ever that there's been anything actually worth having in all the years the service has been running in Europe.

It's been absolute trash since it launched. We've been getting printable posters and desktop wallpapers for YEARS while other regions have been able to get games and cool stuff. I think that once there was a copy of Game & Watch Collection for NDS that cost more than everything else on the store, but that's the closest we've come to having decent stuff available.

Oh, and I once got a Luigi blanket and sleep mask set where the blanket was about the size of a t-shirt.

Top Bottom