• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo: European Discussion

Club Nintendo UK is down, hackerz!

In other news, I ordered two of those facecloths with my points, one turned up last week but the other appears to be AWOL. I hope it isn't lost :(

Wonder what happened (both to Club Nintendo and your cloth...which will be even more annoying if its lost after the allow 8 weeks as they might not be able to send a replacement) though I'm not that surprised since the terrible security of the old NOE site.

I forgot to mention but I went for the Mario statue in the end as they seem harder to buy than the SNES CC (which has more demand hance more supply). It apparently arrived last week in what my mother describes as a huge box. So I'm guessing the ? box is inside that box and inside that the figure. Its like Russian Dolls...if they were 90% air.

Edit: NOE put out a news story out on it. I guess it must be a pretty sophisticed one as I've never heard of a phising scam forcing sites down for security.

kanugo

Club Nintendo is back in Europe (at least in my country).

Just registered my 3DS and my copy of Zelda (and received an email saying I scored the soundtrack CD). :D

Shiggy

Is there a special reason why my Ace Attorney Apollo Justice doesn't have a code? Is it the same as with Zack&Wiki and Resident Evil 4 Wii that Capcom later did a reprint on their own?

Still buggy for me but a new item at last:
SCI_MarioLuigi_Case.png

Mario Mini Case & Luigi Mini Case 2500 stars
"If you're looking for a compact storage solution for your Nintendo DS games, this two pack of Game Card wallets in the style of Mario and Luigi's hats will accommodate around 12 Game Cards in style."

dani_dc

You can now order the OoT CD by logging into your account and going into "Club Nintendo", there should be a banner there that will allow you to order it.

Shiggy said:
Is there a special reason why my Ace Attorney Apollo Justice doesn't have a code?
Hmm, I only bought this about 6 months ago and mine had a code. Odd.

Does anybody know why we can't redeem stars for eShop VC purchases? I remember you used to get 50 stars per purchase via the DSi store but nothing for me so far with recent buys

Greymanic

Neo Member
dani_dc said:
You can now order the OoT CD by logging into your account and going into "Club Nintendo", there should be a banner there that will allow you to order it.
Where exactly is this? I've hit the "Club Nintendo" tab but I can't see any banner.

Edit: nvm, wasn't loading in my browser for some odd reason.

Jo Shishido's Cheeks said:
Does anybody know why we can't redeem stars for eShop VC purchases? I remember you used to get 50 stars per purchase via the DSi store but nothing for me so far with recent buys
If you've linked your 3DS to Club Nintendo before any purchases you'll be fine. It might take a while for them to implement it (like original VC games and WiiWare). In any case pester white an e-mail codestorm about it (keep it short and simple but don't expect a response), as if nothing else it shows there is demand for such a thing.

Mikeside

I'm super bummed that I missed out on that coin... ahh well - how often do new things go up? I want something cool and I want it soon!

At best once a month is when new things go up. Its a bit random though with regards to when and how quickly it will sell out though.

Just check the front page of Club Nintenod once in a whiel as it lists the two newest items there (so the Mario&Luigi cases and the KK Sider Animal Crossing CD)

dani_dc

Seems like I have a new section on my Club Nintendo called "Postplay Survey".

Can't access it yet (get a "page doesn't exist" error) so not sure if they're simply going to move the postplay surveys there or if they're going to make something more interesting like making them available to all games like in the US.

I've seen that there for at lease a month. I think some were saying all 3DS games would get a postplay survey but I can't rember where I heard that.

I put all my points into the Mario Statue and Animal Crossing CD, both of which are nice enough but nothing that I truly really wanted, so now I get nervous every time this thread gets bumped as I think somebody's going to post something amazing that's available which I can no longer afford :lol

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
So, a question from an American who just imported Disaster and the Wii Another Code game...

If I'm right, I can set up a new account and register these two titles for a grand total of 750 "stars" (with new account bonus) -- right? If I do that, is there actually anything I could do with that? Is there anything of any value at all for that sum?

dani_dc

Ah I see, it was the first time I saw it (and now it's gone).
Hopefully all games will feature post play now.

DavidDayton said:
So, a question from an American who just imported Disaster and the Wii Another Code game...

If I'm right, I can set up a new account and register these two titles for a grand total of 750 "stars" (with new account bonus) -- right? If I do that, is there actually anything I could do with that? Is there anything of any value at all for that sum?

I don't think they ship items to outside of the European Club Nintendo countries.

With that said you might be able to get some cellphone stuff or an European Nintendo Points card worth 100 points since those are digital items (only things you could afford with so little anyway).

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
dani_dc said:
With that said you might be able to get some cellphone stuff or an European Nintendo Points card worth 100 points since those are digital items (only things you could afford with so little anyway).
I suppose I could always swap it with someone -- I'm sure there will be some EU person with USA Club Nintendo registration points.

I have Luigi's Mansion, Doshin the Giant, Disaster and (soon) Another Code: R. My Euro pile of GC/Wii titles grows. A pity that Luigi's Mansion PAL can't be forced into 60hz mode -- I really wanted to see the expanded boss battle and the mirrored mansion.

Hey I have codes for a few US DS games that I could offer for Doshin and Disaster...?
I have Pokemon Pearl, Hotel Dusk and Elite Beat Agents codes going spare so let me know :)

I'm pretty sure all Gamecube and GBA games were expired sometime in 2007 or 2008 thus making the Doshin code slightly useless. There was a news post on the NOE site (they like to randomly remove stories though but that one mgiht still be up).

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This is so much worse than the American and Japanese ones. Sure you get a few nice prizes mixed in with the vast amount of shit on there, but they cost a fortune in stars and there are no gold/platinum prizes. If Nintendo hadn't erased my stars from the Cube era I might just have been able to afford the Zelda statue, just. Stingy bastards.

Shiggy

Just entered my Nintendo Selects: Mario Strikers Charged Football code...got 250 stars. They don't seem to take their own stars vs price ranges very seriously.

Does it show the Nintendo Selects boxart in the my games? If so that means (like the American service) you can register both the Selects and non-select versions (IIRC Americans get 50 coins for Select versions too). If it shows the regular box it has to give out 250 stars due to the being the same code set as the older version.

Shiggy

Starwolf_UK said:
Does it show the Nintendo Selects boxart in the my games? If so that means (like the American service) you can register both the Selects and non-select versions (IIRC Americans get 50 coins for Select versions too). If it shows the regular box it has to give out 250 stars due to the being the same code set as the older version.

It's just shown as the regular game, though Nintendo bothered to update the boxart.

What the deuce!

Localization is not the only thing NoE does better than NoA, look at those treasures, these are legitimately desirable items up for grabs there. The selection puts NoA's pathetic lineup to an embarrassing shame.

I knew I should never have left Europe, curse the fate the sisters three whimed for me.

TehOh

I've got a Last Window code from importing the game. Anybody want to trade an American code for it?

Murkas

Probably already been asked and answered in the US thread but can multiple consoles be registered? I'm talking the same unit, I've already redeemed a DS, DS lite and DSi. So can I redeem another DS or will it say no?

I know games can't be redeemed more than once.

El-Suave

Murkas said:
Probably already been asked and answered in the US thread but can multiple consoles be registered? I'm talking the same unit, I've already redeemed a DS, DS lite and DSi. So can I redeem another DS or will it say no?

Registering multiple consoles has worked so far - I always redeem the points from my nephew and niece because they have no use for tem (or so I tell them ;-)), so I have multiple systems registered.

Murkas

El-Suave said:
Registering multiple consoles has worked so far - I always redeem the points from my nephew and niece because they have no use for tem (or so I tell them ;-)), so I have multiple systems registered.

Thanks, time to steal codes from my cousins!

Peagles

I was only able to register two 3DS consoles, mine and my brother's. Boyfriend gave me his code but no go. This is on Aus/NZ Club Nintendo, but it's quite similar to Europe's. It's totally worth a try to register more though!

Shiggy

Murkas said:

I believe you can redeem two of each console, i.e. two DS consoles, two DSi consoles and so on.

Jackano

I think we already stated a while ago that we can register as many systems as long as they are different SKU.
You can register Blue 3DS, black 3DS, but not a second blck or blue 3DS.
It worked for me with many different GBA models, tribal, NES, silver, Zelda, and pink. But not with a second silver one.

Desmond

Any Irish Gaffers get this to work with their postcode? Says mines not valid. I ended up putting Ireland as it a few years ago but my keyring never did arrive lol ( :( )

Qasiel

Do the rewards change for NoE annually, as they seem to do for NoA? Or is it worth pooling all of my stars from unregistered codes that I have in the hopes of one day snagging that Link statue?

Shiggy

Qasiel said:
Do the rewards change for NoE annually, as they seem to do for NoA? Or is it worth pooling all of my stars from unregistered codes that I have in the hopes of one day snagging that Link statue?

They add items at random times ;)

Does anyone have some spare 200 points? :(

Greymanic

Neo Member
Desmond said:
Any Irish Gaffers get this to work with their postcode? Says mines not valid. I ended up putting Ireland as it a few years ago but my keyring never did arrive lol ( :( )
Sent you a PM Desmond. Curious however, I've found persistence in the way of emails and phone-calls to be the best solution with Club Nintendo otherwise I never receive my item, any other Irish Gaffers have any experience with it?

Shiggy said:
They add items at random times ;)

Does anyone have some spare 200 points? :(

I've got spare Wii Music, New Super Mario Bros Wii and Wii Sports Resort codes if you've not registered any of those already.

Shiggy

Azure Phoenix said:
I've got spare Wii Music, New Super Mario Bros Wii and Wii Sports Resort codes if you've not registered any of those already.

Could you send me the Wii Music code , you would make me very happy :)

Murkas

Got some spare codes if anyone wants? (UK)

4 Super Mario Galaxy 2, a Mario Kart Wii and a New Super Mario bros Wii.

Although chances are anyone who owns a Wii owns these.

Kerrby

Banned
Just wondering, new prizes go up 1st of August everywhere yeah?

I have a few codes but I think I'll save them until the new prizes go up if that's the case.

Shiggy

Kerrby said:
Just wondering, new prizes go up 1st of August everywhere yeah?

I have a few codes but I think I'll save them until the new prizes go up if that's the case.

How do you come to that conclusion?

DeMeester

I've got a code for the European Club Nintendo which I got with my 3DS, but I don't know in which thread I should post the code as a give-away. Any advice?

Top Bottom