• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo JP 2013 Platinum Awards Announced (AW: Days of Ruin + Calendar)

Two rewards for everyone this year:

1) Advance Wars: Days of Ruin (download code)

This was never released in Japan, iirc. It is treated as a DSiware title and only available for download on 3DS. Downloads can begin today (Oct 30th) and requires 426 blocks.

It will be available for download via the regular Club Nintendo rewards program from May next year, for 800 points.

2) A spiffy 2014 Nintendo Calendar

present_img03.png

http://club.nintendo.jp/rank2013/platinum.html
http://club.nintendo.jp/rank2013/famicomwars/index.html

(Unnsure if links will work)

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Woah, that is pretty sick how they translated and ported the game to their dsiware platform.

Maybe they're just trying to fluff Japan up for the next Advance wars, believe guys.

Two rewards for everyone this year:

1) Advance Wars: Days of Ruin (download code)

This was never released in Japan, iirc. It is treated as a DSiware title and only available for download on 3DS. Downloads can begin today (Oct 30th) and requires 426 blocks.

It will be available for download via the regular Club Nintendo rewards program from May next year, for 800 points.

2) A spiffy 2014 Nintendo Calendar

http://club.nintendo.jp/rank2013/img/platinum/present_img03.png

http://club.nintendo.jp/rank2013/platinum.html
http://club.nintendo.jp/rank2013/famicomwars/index.html

(Unnsure if links will work)

HOLY SHIT first step towards DS VC?! o_O

I've been saying they need to release DS games on the VC via DSiWare, Shin'en should get Nanostray 1 & 2 on DSiWare.

And of course IMPOSSIBLE to find games like Mega Man Battle Network 5 Double Team for one, as well as Custom Robo Arena should be top contenders.

ADVANCE WARS LIVES

that's how i choose to interpret this and nobody else can change my mind

still, it's pretty cool that they're willing to localize a mega bomba for a club nintendo reward
no, i have no hope of noa doing anything similar

GSR

Whoa, that's actually really cool what they're doing with Advance Wars! I know the localization was finished because the JP data was there in the US/EU versions, but it's really neat to see them finally release it, even if it's in this weird form.

If this is a leadup to a new AW I might go catatonic with glee.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
More AW DS goodness Nintendo. Fuck, more downloadable DS goodness NOA.

Hugstable

Banned
Whoa, that's actually really cool what they're doing with Advance Wars! I know the localization was finished because the JP data was there in the US/EU versions, but it's really neat to see them finally release it, even if it's in this weird form.

If this is a leadup to a new AW I might go catatonic with glee.

Seriously this could be amazing. There has to be some reason they are bringing over this game now. Wait why didn't they get it in the first place? Not IS developed?

One of last year's rewards was for 'Nintendouji' a DSiware game that was exclusively available on 3DS, so this doesn't mean much in terms of DS VC, in my opinion.

That said, I would be all over it, if it were to happen/

Okay, so what's more interesting to note about this is that they can drop a retail DS game as a DSiWare download.

I wonder if they'll eventually use this functionality to sell a "DS Classics" lineup.

GSR

Seriously this could be amazing. There has to be some reason they are bringing over this game now. Wait why didn't they get it in the first place? Not IS developed?

No idea. Like I said if memory serves the JP data was on the US/EU carts, I guess they just never found a good release slot for it in Japan. If memory serves the GBA and DS AW games did much better in America/Europe than in Japan, so that probably played a part.

IS developed, but its release was delayed multiple times in Japan until they quietly cancelled it.

wait, im confused; 2013 rewards for club nintendo JP is announced today, when the US 2013 rewards were announced months ago?

Kazerei

Banned
Dayum. I hope this leads to other DS games becoming available on the eShop, but ehhh, we still haven't got GBA VC titles besides the Ambassador program.

Madao

i hope this opens the floodgates for unlocalized DS games to come out as DSiware games

*insert AAI2 rant here*

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man. Please, be a hint of a new Advance Wars. Please. :-0

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Okay, so what's more interesting to note about this is that they can drop a retail DS game as a DSiWare download.

I wonder if they'll eventually use this functionality to sell a "DS Classics" lineup.

Hmm? They've released DS games as DSiWare before.
There's some DSiWare titles on the NA store that are retail DS titles in Europe.

Wow, this is so weird.

I'm happy that Japanese AW fans will finally get DoR, plus it sets a precedence for DS games getting eShop releases. (Hopefully.)

Bleep

This news has me hopelessly wishing for DS games for sale on eShop and more Famicom/Advance wars games in development, but it is most likely just a special one off case. :(

Jonnyram

The same reason PS3 has a Virtual Console for PS1 games even though it can play PS1 discs.
It doesn't have Virtual Console. It has Game Archives, for games, that are old. Jeez. You think 3DS is using emulation to play Advance Wars or do you think it's using its native hardware b/c?

Jubern

Don't get too excited people. As some folks mentionned, Days of Ruin was always ready for a Japanese release, they just never did it and sat on the damn game all along. I wouldn't take this as an indication of Advance Wars being alive or anything...

Top Bottom