• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN Healthcare Debate Townhall |OT| Graham,Cassidy vs Bernie, Klobuchar 9/25 9pm ET

170921123113-restricted-092117-lindsey-graham-bill-cassidy-amy-klobuchar-bernie-sanders-health-care-t1-exlarge-169.jpg

CNN to host town hall debate Monday with Graham, Cassidy, Sanders and Klobuchar
(CNN)CNN will host a town hall with Republican Sens. Lindsey Graham and Bill Cassidy, who will be debating health care with Sens. Bernie Sanders and Amy Klobuchar on Monday, September 25 at 9 p.m. ET.

CNN anchor Jake Tapper and chief political correspondent Dana Bash will moderate the 90-minute live event from Washington.

Graham and Cassidy are the namesake sponsors of a last-ditch effort to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act ahead of an end-of-the-month deadline, while Sanders introduced a new "Medicare for all" health care bill with a third of the Senate Democratic caucus by his side.

According to the chamber's parliamentarian, senators only have until the end of the month to pass a bill with just 51 votes under the procedure known as reconciliation, and the Senate's latest push isn't all that different than the one that ultimately resulted in a health care bill being passed in the House.

As of Thursday, it's not clear whether there are enough Republican votes to advance the Graham-Cassidy proposal, a health care bill that was released a week ago and would repeal the individual and employer mandates and turn the federal funding for Medicaid expansion and the subsidies into a block grant program.
Meanwhile, Sanders is pushing for his bill. He called the costs of the current system "insane and unaffordable," promising that the average family would benefit financially under his plan "because you will no longer be writing checks to private insurance companies."

Sanders, a Vermont independent, ran a hard-fought campaign for the Democratic presidential primary last year. Klobuchar, a Minnesota Democrat who is up for re-election next year, was not among those senators who co-sponsored Sanders' bill.

The town hall debate will air on CNN, CNN en Español and CNN International as well as stream live for subscribers on CNNgo and the CNN mobile apps for iOS and Android. The town hall debate will also air on CNN's SiriusXM Channel 116. The town hall debate will also be available September 26 on demand via cable or satellite systems, CNNgo platforms and CNN mobile apps.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
It's kind of pointless since the bill is essentially dead.

Nope if this is framed well by the Republicans I fear that it's going to be alive and well come tomorrow morning.

If there is one thing I can acknowledge that the Republicans are good at is getting the electorate on their side via lies I expect to hear a lot of them tonight.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Man Bernie should calm down and quit yelling at the people asking questions. Lol

RPGCrazied

Pointless. Thing is dead. Waste of an hour. But it should be a hoot watching Bernie give his stump speech for the 1000 time.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm not really watching this one but how on Earth are Cassidy and Graham even defending their bill? Just shitting on the ACA?

Just a lot of tried and true scare tactics while trying to sound like they're really on you're side even as they pull the rug out from under you.

I'm not really watching this one but how on Earth are Cassidy and Graham even defending their bill? Just shitting on the ACA?
Their angle is that the ACA was good for healthcare corporations and not patients and that there isn't a need to send all this money to buerocrats

Also that individuals in states care about people with preexisting conditions and local governors can pass the laws themselves

Cassidy: 15 governors support our plan.

Is that supposed to be a fucking bragging point? lmao

15 governors support Graham-Cassidy.

15 states get more money from Graham-Cassidy.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I DON'T KNOW WHY THAT COULD BE.

Top Bottom