• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN Healthcare Debate Townhall |OT| Graham,Cassidy vs Bernie, Klobuchar 9/25 9pm ET

the whole goddamn point of insurance as a concept is that individuals do not, and never will have enough "power" on their own to pay for serious damages. Pooling resources together is precisely what actually creates power to be taken care of when emergencies happen.

Klobuchar isn't terrible on substance, but... uh, I'm glad she doesn't seem to be planning a presidential run. Even HRC looks charismatic in comparison.
I think she is honestly

What she lacks in charisma she makes up for in likability and comes across as more down to earth. She's the exact type of politician that would do better with the voters Hillary struggled with in the Midwest

legacyzero

Banned
Bernie & co wins by decision tonight.

He was on point, knew his shit, principled, and was hard on the clap backs. 2016 talking points still doing that work.

This man may just run in 2020. Last chance to get on the train, y'all

Oh, he did mention it.
The last time I heard somebody say "trust me I'm a doctor", it was Gene Simmons on a Dr Pepper commercial. That's about how serious I took it

Cassidy: Would you cut the malarkey? Okay? I'm talking. There's a DOCTOR talking here!
chappelles-show-june5-racial-draft

Had nothing of value to say and just kept invoking how he was a doctor as if that gave him some authority or credibility

I think Graham and Cassidy did a pretty poor job defending their bill but I also don't think Bernie and Kobluchar were nearly as cut throat as they should have been in attacking them. Should have pointed out more explicitly that their debate isn't about improving healthcare but rather about whether or not the govt should even try to improve healthcare, and then point out that their bill saves money for billionaires but does nothing to provide better healthcare to more people.

Diablos

Every explanation so far has been, "Your state will take care of you and if they don't... Not our problem!"
They put too much faith in states to do the right thing. It’s stupid. You need strong regulations coming from the federal government that apply to all 50 states. Period.

Diablos

Cassidy has the charisma of a wet fart. He’s terrible. He assumed what a woman’s situation was in regards to her health issues and she shook her head no at him. He kept talking. He’s a horrible politician.

Diablos

Graham said in his closing statement that it’s not about caring. That should tell you a lot right there. He’s a smooth talkin’ heartless swine who uses his southern charm as a facade.

Bernie & co wins by decision tonight.

He was on point, knew his shit, principled, and was hard on the clap backs. 2016 talking points still doing that work.

This man may just run in 2020. Last chance to get on the train, y'all

provided he runs and wins the primary in 2020 I'm all the fucking way on this train

Cassidy has the charisma of a wet fart. He’s terrible. He assumed what a woman’s situation was in regards to her health issues and she shook her head no at him. He kept talking. He’s a horrible politician.

Was lolling at this point, the woman was shaking her head so much they had to get the camera off her.

It ain't gonna vanish. It gonna get reallocated to a primary challenger that loves supply-side Jesus more.

I can't wait for Supply-Side Jesus to get crucified and left in history's wake. I mean, what a cunt, right? Justice against this shitty fallacious pseudo-religious racket/ideology can't come fast enough.

I'm not a Bernie fan, but thought he did very well tonight. Amy, too.

It certainly helped that they were both heavyweights going up against little leaguers. Graham's totally out of his element on healthcare and Cassidy is, clearly, a very strange moron.

Not

Banned
provided he runs and wins the primary in 2020 I'm all the fucking way on this train

I'd vote for him if he gets nominated. I think he might have a shot now. But I am voting for WHOEVER the FUCK gets nominated against Trump, and you all better too.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Bernie destroyed these fools...but that's not really to his credit. ANYONE, even someone off the street could have taken these clowns. This dude repeating "i'm a doctor" over and over again was just embarrassing for everyone involved. Rand Paul is also a doctor...and?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
What we all learned is that Cassidy apparently is a failure at two career professions. Yet he really loves to have blood on his hands apparently.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Cassidy kept trying to act like big pharma did a huge service for charging people far more than they should, because they "create the medicines".

Bernie should have hit him on the fact that the US government subsidizes a huge share of big pharma's research and actually creates drugs itself which it then sells to big pharma companies to distribute at whatever prices they want. Which was why Bernie put out that bill dedicated to setting price limitations of drugs sold to private companies with US tax dollars

Top Bottom