CNN Op-Ed: What if women went on a sex strike before the midterms?

Apr 9, 2009
https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/02/opin...-strike-before-the-midterms-martin/index.html

Women don't owe men a thing. If anything, the statistics show, we are owed. It's time to make sex and sexual pleasure female-centric. Each couple, each woman, will have to find out what female sexual adventure and pleasure means for them. But the idea of a sex strike suggests exciting possibilities beyond the bedroom. What would not just sex but the world look like if we prioritized what women want in every sex act? How might the political, social, and sexual landscapes all shift if we acknowledged that in many cases, the server is unsatisfied -- and actually believed it was important to set things right?
So big titties in videogames objectify women in harmful ways but actually literally suggesting a woman's greatest source of influence is sexual selection warrants publication in a major news outlet.

May 16, 2005
What if nobody wrote shitty Op-Eds anymore.
That would make my day.
Bye bye msnbc, cnn, fox, cbs, abc, e.t.c.

What your talking about is an actual news outlet.

If you find one without horrible op-eds, biased news reporting, and hosts that dont win worst journalist of the year awards, let all of us know.

I know, I know. "What do you want next? A million dollars?"

Yes.

Aug 11, 2018
Bye bye msnbc, cnn, fox, cbs, abc, e.t.c.

What your talking about is an actual news outlet.

If you find one without horrible op-eds, biased news reporting, and hosts that dont win worst journalist of the year awards, let all of us know.

I know, I know. "What do you want next? A million dollars?"

Yes.
Most of those news outlets isn't made up of Op-Eds that have shitty hot takes.

Apr 9, 2009
What if nobody wrote shitty Op-Eds anymore.
That would make my day.
I'm ok with this.

Anyone nowadays can make their own blog or youtube video sharing their views. I don't think the big national news sources need to provide them with their platform like in decades past. At least not petty nonsense like this.

May 16, 2005
Most of those news outlets isn't made up of Op-Eds that have shitty hot takes.
I clearly stated other things in my post but that's besides the point.

Yes, yes they are. There isn't (at least I havnt found one) one damn news outlet that just reports the news anymore. I have a hard time distinguishing between editorialized content, and straight content.

Op-eds are the majority of coverage lately.

You said most. So CNN is out. (Its where this stupid article is from) Which ones of the ones I listed are not crammed to the gills with opinion pieces?

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
... So from what I can gather after the very few times i've seen something from cnn i'm gonna guess they're trash.

I don't understand how a sex strike will help anything. I would imagine a lady not being satisfied with there partner would be something that she would have to bring up and talk about to solve the issue.

Also probably not a good idea to turn guys into incels, things can get pretty dark...

Also, also, not sure what this would have to do with the midterms...

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Thats dumb. She would have to assume that all women are voting Democrat and that most are in a relationship with a guy thats voting Republican in order for it to work in her favor... and even then, I doubt that would work.
It would be even funnier if the opposite happens and all these republican women stopped having sex until their men went out and voted for republicans LOL.

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
CNN said:
Women don't owe men a thing. If anything, the statistics show, we are owed.
I'd like to see those statistics.

As in, how many women died fighting in wars versus # of men who were forcefully drafted and sent to the battlefield.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2009
Counter questions; what is the "All time number one"?, Who are you to tell women how to deal with their sex life? and Why has things gotten so bad in a relationship that a) good sex has to be a requirement and b) dialouge is not the repsonse to you having bad sex?

Last edited:

Dice

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2004
And then we may resign ourselves to serving what we think others deserve, rather than feeling entitled to get ours and get off.
So this article encouraging women to practice toxic masculinity?

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Well look at that non sequitur...
How does it not follow?
CNN says women don't owe Men anything.
I say Men historically gave their lives in greater numbers for society to exist.

I could also talk about who built most of the infrastructure and technology we live on but that's just going overkill.

Last edited:
May 22, 2018
How does it not follow?
I say Men historically gave their lives in greater numbers for society to exist.

I could also talk about who built most of the infrastructure and technology we live on but that's just going overkill.
Wait so you are saying that women owe us men?

Are you serious right now? lol

Mar 18, 2018
How does it not follow?

Sure. The women of today can owe men of yesterday thanks. That doesn’t mean they owe anyone sex today.

Dice

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2004
How does it not follow?

That whole time women were submissive to men's moronic ideas that led us into wars that required them to lay down those lives and women were also our mothers who gave birth to us and raised us from babies into men who could do all of our civic duties.

Come on, dude.

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Neither gender owes the other anything.
If you enjoy safety and technology, then there's a heavy bias that males are what influenced that. That's just facts.

That whole time women were submissive to men's moronic ideas that led us into wars that required them to lay down those lives and women were also our mothers who gave birth to us and raised us from babies into men who could do all of our civic duties.

Come on, dude.
And when a country got invaded, which gender was expected to lay their life first for their country? Wars will always happen by nature, but that means you also needed one gender that could resist the other ones with "moronic ideas" for your society to live.
I never said women didn't do anything.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2017

Come on, dude.
Yes their moronic ideas of defending their countries and families, what idiots those guys were. (Btw most men didn't want to go to war, they did it when they had no other choice or because they believed it was the right thing to do, even if it wasn't)

No one owns anyone anything for what happened in the past, I'll agree with Nobody_Important on this one.

Dice

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2004
Yes their moronic ideas of defending their countries and families, what idiots those guys were. (Btw most men didn't want to go to war, they did it when they had no other choice or because they believed it was the right thing to do, even if it wasn't)
Wars don't come from nowhere; thinking they do is why we end up having them. But that isn't what this thread is about so whatever.

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
I don't believe either gender owes the other anything. The history of the human race is not a scorecard. Everyone pitched in to get where we are now. Neither would have been able to do anything without the other. Quite literally.
I recommend you read this book:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Accomplishment

Everyone pitched in, but there are absolutely categories where it begins to skew in one direction. There's nothing evil pointing this out. Just like for example, most Nursing is dominated by females.
It doesn't mean male nurses don't exist or they don't do anything, but female representation absolutely dwarfs them.

Last edited: