• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN releases hot mic of post-debate interaction between Sanders and Warren

Miku Miku

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2018
Well, maybe next smear from CNN will be more successful.
DNC looks like they have put the green light on Bernie so it will probably just be one smear after the other until he drops out.
If he gets beat, he should run 3rd party. At least begin the process of building infrastructure for future candidates outside the corrupt DNC.

pennythots

May 14, 2019
I used to like Warren so much. Her understanding of economics is stellar, unlike Bernie she actually understands trade and a lot of her policies had some bite to them versus Bernie's raw idealism but the last year or so of her "tomfoolery" has completely turned me away.

Hari Seldon

Dec 5, 2008
Lol I haven't watched any of this but who was that third dude who saw they were fighting and tried to nope right out of there hahaha.

Dev1lXYZ

Sep 1, 2017
She went right in for him. “I think you called me a liar on national tv?!” Then repeats it. Then he runs away....and says ‘Let’s....let’s not do this right now.” Trump would eat Bernie up on stage. Warren too.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: matt404au

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX
Poor Bernie. How’s he supposed to tell us he’s able to stand up to hostile actors on the world stage when he can’t even stand up to a fucking librarian like Warren?
Warren has always played the mousey quiet lady for her public persona, if you go back to some vids of her in 90s she's ruthless af. Don't be fooled by her current marketing portrayal and personality.

I can't find the clips anymore on YT but I'll try to find them.

BadBurger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2019
I didn't see that as a particularly tense or inappropriate exchange between two politicians. If you've seen Warren debate other politicians or question people like Wall Street magnets you know she doesn't take shit. That said Sanders did the correct thing. Who the fuck wants to get into an argument up on stage like that when the debate is already over? Better to just walk away.

Apr 12, 2013
For you goof balls thinking Sanders was tucking his tail between his legs there, I have another reading of the situation.

They both know theyre mic'ed and on national television. So of course Warren goes in with her act, and Sanders knows this and shuts it down.

He keeps trying to take the high road as evidenced by the fact that he never directly calls her a liar, he wanted to shake hands, and when asked about the exchange he answered that they were talking "about the weather"

Meanwhile lyin lizzie, who totally wants unification, keeps taking low blows.

Last edited:

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
For you goof balls thinking Sanders was tucking his tail between his legs there, I have another reading of the situation.

They both know theyre mic'ed and on national television. So of course Warren goes in with her act, and Sanders knows this and shuts it down.

He keeps trying to take the high road as evidenced by the fact that he never directly calls her a liar, he wanted to shake hands, and when adked about the exchange he answered that they were talking "about tge weather"

He should chad-up and just have asked her is they could go over to her teepee, have some peyote and smoke a peace-pipe with her tribal elders.
The internet would explode. It would be Trump level of gives-no-fuck chadness.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018

He keeps trying to take the high road as evidenced by the fact that he never directly calls her a liar, he wanted to shake hands, and when adked about the exchange he answered that they were talking "about tge weather"

So he is a coward?

Here is a crazy idea. How about calling a liar a fucking liar?

Reactions: Torrent of Pork

womfalcs3

May 11, 2007
She'll go down in the polls... Biden will fade... Sanders or Pete will win the nomination.... Trump will easily beat either of them. Thank God.

Last edited:

Woo-Fu

incest on the subway
Jan 2, 2007
The sad part is the CNN commentator running the questions during that bit might as well have been Warren's clone.

Warren herself has gone from respected senator to bumbling, deceitful political hack in a year.

Biden must be loving this.

Grinchy

Aug 3, 2010
In a cave outside of Whooville.
I mean, I can almost understand her peddling her lie while the mics and cameras are supposed to be catching the lie during the debate, but she continues it in her personal life too?

If she wasn't told in advance that they'd capture and release her mic audio and to go after him at the end, then this qualifies as a delusion. She knew at some point that he never said that shit to her and now no longer does.

betrayal

Feb 2, 2018
Apparently the problem for Warren or Democrats in general is not that they are called liars, but that it happened on television. That's why Warren explicitly mentioned it twice ("...on national TV").
If you approach the matter objectively and assume that these are not complete complete idiots, then they know that they are lying all the time and therefore of course only have a problem when such accusations are made among themselves on TV.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2013
So he is a coward?

Here is a crazy idea. How about calling a liar a fucking liar?
Optics. He's smarter than that. Trump could get away with doing that, but Sanders still has to play the game for now.

If he calls the snake a snake, it could easily backfire. He could be seen as the agressor or taking the low road and other such nonsense. He's played this very well so far, and there's no upside for him to go on the attack here.

Instead what he'll probably do is either meet with her and totally make up and put this crazy misunderstanding behind them (this wont actually happen if that isnt clear.), or he can ignore it and move on and see if liz makes the mistake of attacking again.

The thing about them meeting up and hashing this out is that if that happens, it works in Bernies favor looking like the guy that really can sit down and work things out as he often says he would do with his enemies.

So knowing this, if I'm Sanders I would extend a public invitation for the two of them to get together and move past this for the good of the country. That's assuming Warren has anything left to say on the matter though. Otherwise he should just move on like he's been doing since he's still polling well ahead of her.

This would put Warren in a tough spot imo if it did happen. I'd like to see it haha.

If they were to meet though, I imagine they'll be recording the conversation this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Handel and Rran

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018

He keeps trying to take the high road as evidenced by the fact that he never directly calls her a liar, he wanted to shake hands, and when asked about the exchange he answered that they were talking "about the weather"

I'd be more inclined to believe that if Sanders hadn't been fucked hard by these people repeatedly and he did nothing about it. In fact, he joined their party. I've said it before, but I think Sanders is just a nice old dude from Vermont who isn't cut out for the kind of bullshit one has to engage in with presidential politics. Is it possible to be naive at 80? It seems so.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeepEnigma

Scotty W

Sep 29, 2019
I recall reading that many journalists knew that FDR was wheelchair bound, but it never once got mentioned in the media. And yet CNN cannot be trusted to reveal the tiniest tidbit... and one that hurts the party they are supporting too. They deserve another 4 years of Trump.

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
CNN releasing the audio is kind of classless.
I fucking hate CNN and think they're far, far, far from being a news agency, but I have to defend them in this case. If they had that and squashed it, and it eventually came out, they'd look like they were trying to protect Bernie. It happened, it's their job to put it out there. There have been plenty of other hot mic moments released prior to this with other candidates. The press should be in neither the business of attacking or promoting candidates, it should present the news fairly as it happens. Now, hiding a hot mic moment when it helps your candidate and promoting one that hurts another would be shady as hell, and more of what I've come to expect from the likes of CNN.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rran and DeepEnigma
Apr 12, 2013
The good news so far is that CNN is getting raked over the coals for their bullshit, and more people have opened their eyes to the media bias and complete lack of journalistic integrity in our "news". They're no better than tabloids at this point.

I hope someone like Anderson Cooper or....anyone with an ounce of integrity over at CNN (is there anyone??), quits or calls them the fuck out. They should be embarrassed that they've turned into this trash no better than Fox. I love how these networks have no problem jumping all over the evil Russians destroying our Democracy and such when they themselves are by far the biggest threat to it. Lying and slandering and brainwashing people into believing their bullshit to push their own agenda. They're nothing but traitors.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2018
the way CNN is acting during this whole thing is just making me hate CNN more and more

i will vote for any candidate who promises to shut down that shit show for real

after hearing them whine about "divisive Russian tactics" that "divide the electorate" and how this "destroys democracy" and hearing them endlessly bitch about all that for years, they go and start pulling this kind of Jerry Springer shit.

you have to be kidding me.

Last edited:

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Feb 9, 2009
I fucking hate CNN and think they're far, far, far from being a news agency, but I have to defend them in this case. If they had that and squashed it, and it eventually came out, they'd look like they were trying to protect Bernie. It happened, it's their job to put it out there. There have been plenty of other hot mic moments released prior to this with other candidates. The press should be in neither the business of attacking or promoting candidates, it should present the news fairly as it happens. Now, hiding a hot mic moment when it helps your candidate and promoting one that hurts another would be shady as hell, and more of what I've come to expect from the likes of CNN.
I'd disagree if it is expected by the candidates that there wouldn't be hot mics revealing audio that wasn't played during the live broadcast. I'd have less of a problem with CNN if this was leaked out of their control than CNN trying to capitalize on it for their own ratings.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013

He bent the knee to the DNC, and he is going to do it again in his redux.

You can't be a pacifist at all times. You need to show strength as a leader, and not take shit from bad actors.