• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN's Anderson Cooper on Wii: "Whyyyyyyyy-iiiiii??"

I'd like to say his potshots to WiiFit were due to the fact that he was a closet 360 or PS3 player, but I think anyone remotely interested in gaming knows how to pronounce "Wii."

Vinci

Danish
Wait till the guy does a few dozen jackknives, then ask him if it's a workout. That's really not the best example of what the game offers, but I did find his reaction to it funny.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
This is the only thing that could have made the O'Reilly meltdown better. If the machine he were looking at were Wii Fit, and not in fact a teleprompter.

radjago

ethic said:
Remember when he hosted The Mole? That show was
awesome! Anderson Cooper kicks ass.
Remember when he was a reporter for Channel One news and went to Bosnia? Or when he hosted World News Now? That was awesome! Gunmetal Grey for life!

But back on topic, I've been asking that myself for years.

I guess behind the scenes Dr. Gupta is worried about his health. You wouldn't know it by looking at him, but Anderson is very dense. His show was going to be AC's 360 lbs of News, but that was deemed a mouthful.

:lol :lol :lol

he is NOT amused by their product placement for his birthday

he also probably lost a few cool points with some soccer moms who think he was hot...

Cheesemeister said:
Man, and I thought he was a cool guy when he was an anchor on Channel One. He just proved me wrong.
Holy shit Channel One. When did he used to anchor that? The only person I remember was Lisa Ling. mmmmmmm.

Meier

Got a kick out of that last night. Wii Fit was featured prominently on America This Morning or whatever they call it and it got a thumbs up from Dr. Sanjay Gupta. Sanjay > The Coop!

Cheez-It

Realistically, he was not referring to Wii Fit when he said why would you want to do that... He was referring to a relatively goofy specific activity within Wii Fit.

v0yce

The Faceless Master said:
:lol :lol :lol

he is NOT amused by their product placement for his birthday

he also probably lost a few cool points with some soccer moms who think he was hot...

He'll be okay. Renee Zellweger is still foaming for him.

ChryZ

Cheez-It said:
Realistically, he was not referring to Wii Fit when he said why would you want to do that... He was referring to a relatively goofy specific activity within Wii Fit.
Yeah, he's going to have such a blast with Mario Galaxy :p

HolyStar

Banned
Erica has got a booty on her :D .

I'd like to say his potshots to WiiFit were due to the fact that he was a closet 360 or PS3 player, but I think anyone remotely interested in gaming knows how to pronounce "Wii."

No duh, it is called Anderson Cooper 360

Dibbz

haha that guy is awesome.

"Why would you do this?"

Notice how she didn't have an answer for that. It was a good run Nintendo.

Narag

donkey show said:
Holy shit Channel One. When did he used to anchor that? The only person I remember was Lisa Ling. mmmmmmm.

God, it was forever ago. He stood out as he did real stories and everyone else felt like fluff.

Hahaha yeah take that Nintendo, Anderson Cooper thinks Wii Fit is silly.

HARDCORE GAMERS REDEEMED!

Just wait until the crash in Nintendo sales this causes in the NPD thread!!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
sirens going off at the ndfcave

to be fair i agree with his sentiments as to the stupid step game.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
HolyStar said:
Erica has got a booty on her :D .

No duh, it is called Anderson Cooper 360

that was my main thought thruout that whole thing, but yeah i laughed when he said 'this is a work out?'

Hahaha. I was watching this show for a bit yesterday, but I turned it off before it got to this part. Can't blame him...the stepping game looks pretty lame, and it looked like they were trying to get him to advertise it by using it on tv...on his birthday.

Top Bottom