• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN's Chris Cuomo (aka Fredo) threatens man

Dec 15, 2011
Why does this guy have the maturity level of a 12 year old? Imagine Obama saying a quarter of the things this dude says.

I hope that republicans understand they have pretty much opened the floodgates for the next president to act like an incendiary retard.
This is nothing compared to the kindergarten level of whiny rhetoric I see from other sides.
It's all playground-level stuff.

As I've said before, I've warmed to Trumps reactionary, inflammatory rhetoric at precisely the same rate I've gone cold over the whiny, victim-play, virtue-signialing, dish-it-out-but-can't-take-it rhetoric of the insatiable ultra-PC mob.

This thread has already showcased hypocrisy of the usage of the, allegedly offensive, term.

But, hey, "It's OK when we do it".

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Apr 9, 2009
As I've said before, I've warmed to Trumps reactionary, inflammatory rhetoric at precisely the same rate I've gone cold over the whiny, victim-play, virtue-signialing, dish-it-out-but-can't-take-it rhetoric of the insatiable ultra-PC mob.
Glad you've warmed to it because its here to stay now. There's no going back.

A president Biden or president Warren would pretty much have carte blanche at this point.

• LOL
Reactions: desertdroog

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018

A president Biden or president Warren would pretty much have carte blanche at this point.
so fucking what?

"Oh no, President Biden might make a meme or crack a joke that is actually funny. Oh noes" Who cares?

Reactions: rockbottom12

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009

Yeah this is much worse then accusing someone of treason for two years with no proof (Russia!) or trying to paint a Supreme Court nominee as a high school gang rapist based on a made up story from Michael Avenatti.

Drake

Oct 16, 2012
This has been happening to right wingers for a while now. I'm not gonna lie I really like seeing this happen to a CNN anchor. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
Anna Navarro called Donald Trump Jr. "Fredo" during a segment with Chris Cuomo five months ago. No reaction from Chris.

Link
Another day, another outrage, another "its all right when we do it." IB4 someone tries to explain the differences between Anna punching one way, and the white nationalist racist nazi misognyst punching at Coumo in a different way.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Anna Navarro called Donald Trump Jr. "Fredo" during a segment with Chris Cuomo five months ago. No reaction from Chris.

Link
It seems some don't like it when it is done to them. Go figure.

Whether it is confrontation out at a restaurant, walking with your family, or even words said on air.

Self reflection is a lost art.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2011
I'd much prefer a more sophisticated level of political sparring. But this is the environment created.

Social media has turned its participants into dopamine-addicted crybabies,wanting to latch onto 'viral' moments.

The stupendous banality of social media is why I choose not to participate in it. A sea of mediocrity infested with the turds of society. Best not to get wet.

But it's karma.
And it's prejudice.

Which is worse?
Trump's tweet or some one insisting that "[group] needs a bullet"?

Imagine the level of cognitive dissonance to utter the latter statement and then get on a high horse about the former one.

:unsure:

Reactions: oagboghi2

12Goblins

Mar 1, 2017
Props to Hannity for defending Cuemo on calling out that punk ass bitch. However, the kid reasonably backs down once he gets the attention he was looking for, and then Cuemo embarrasses himself by going into some sort of roid rage. Sorry dude but fredo is not the equivalent of the n word. Not even close. The trump Jr "take it from me" tweet was also pretty good lol

Oct 26, 2018
the first self hating italian i've spotted in the wild
Totally agree. Every Italian i know in here (Toronto area) laughs at any stereotypical joke. Portguguese people too. They love it and can take a joke.

Who knew clean cut well spoken Cuomo is actually an angry asshole off camera.

Had to google the term. A negative term based on The godfather movie. Lol

And Cuomo goes nuts?

Reactions: bucyou

Sub_Level

Apr 9, 2009
Which is worse?
Trump's tweet or some one insisting that "[group] needs a bullet"?
I would say the president of the US tweeting about playground shit like a 12 year old is worse than a rando on a message board saying that domestic terrorists should be killed? Was not even aware that was an incendiary statement, especially in the wake of a terrorist attack.

You'll have to break down where the cognitive dissonance is here.

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
Totally agree. Every Italian i know in here (Toronto area) laughs at any stereotypical joke. Portguguese people too. They love it and can take a joke.

Who knew clean cut well spoken Cuomo is actually an angry asshole off camera.

Had to google the term. A negative term based on The godfather movie. Lol

And Cuomo goes nuts?
A side by side of this roidy video vs. his pandering little after the fact defense of the covington kid smear would be funny.

"I know as a dad I certainly wouldn't want my kid behaving like the Covington children!!"

vs.

"I'm gonna throw you down these fuckin stairs!"

• Thoughtful
Reactions: DeepEnigma
Dec 15, 2011
I would say the president of the US tweeting about playground shit like a 12 year old is worse than a rando on a message board saying that domestic terrorists should be killed? Was not even aware that was an incendiary statement, especially in the wake of a terrorist attack.

You'll have to break down where the cognitive dissonance is here.
No, the cognitive dissonance is laid bare.
Of course, if you're suffering from it then you naturally can't grasp it.

Incidentally, you and I both know that your attempt to assign the endorsement of fatal violence wasn't from some "rando".

Which is why you picked it up and were able to add more detail to the remark that I deliberately left non-specific.

Whoops.

Sub_Level

Apr 9, 2009
No, the cognitive dissonance is laid bare.
Of course, if you're suffering from it then you naturally can't grasp it.

Incidentally, you and I both know that your attempt to assign the endorsement of fatal violence wasn't from some "rando".

Which is why you picked it up and were able to add more detail to the remark that I deliberately left non-specific.

Whoops.
I thought you were referring to my post about white supremacists needing to be killed. Could you be specific?

DESTROYA

Jan 1, 2011
USA
I thought "Freddo" meant "cold".
Else, why is "Cappuccino Freddo" cold?
Greeks are evil.
It does not, it’s not Greek it’s Italian.
Chris Cuomo is a evil ass, Greeks are definitely not.
Greek word for cold is kryo , that’s my Greek lesson for the day.

Last edited:

appaws

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2008
Taylorsville, Ky!
I can handle things, i'm smart. Not like everybody says, that I'm dumb. I'm smart, and I want respect!

Ah they finally got to him.

As an Italian, I learned a long time ago to give up your narrow little culture if you want to thrive.

This is what nationalism and fascism does to people.
Nah, I'm just free from the shackles of my heritage.

It's great because I enjoy success whereas the ones that cling to it wonder why they get left behind.
Ashamed of you cugine.

• LOL
Reactions: Scopa

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
Last edited:

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005

Link
Damn it. I was looking for that clip. Didn't even flinch when she said it.

This is a perfect example of;

"Rules for Thee not for me"

Just absurd. Also did anyone else notice the irony of her going on and on about the rich father lazy son/brother angle while on That particular program?

Blinders indeed.

Last edited:

CJY

Jan 8, 2016
The fucking cheek of Fake News Fredo to liken being called "Fredo" to being called the "N-word" if you're black.

How fucking gigantic is this puny man's ego? fucking stupid buffoon.

The only reason he is butthurt he was called Fredo is because if you look at his family, he is literally the Fredo of his family. Not only that, in my country we have a chocolate bar called Freddo:

It's Freddo the Frog.

Cuomo > Fredo > N-word > Chocolate > Freddo > Frog >

CJY

Jan 8, 2016
Ah man, I was waiting for the guy to say something like "ok, calm down, Fredo" or "sorry if I upset you, Fredo" at the end there, but it never came. Missed opportunity...
A simple "Lighten up, Fredo", or "see ya later Fredo" would also have sufficed. Definitely a missed opportunity when the guy was clearly winding him up IMO.

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
So the Washington free beacon put together a little montage of all the times CNN used the word "Fredo"

Context;

CNN’s public relations team called the remark “an ethnic slur”

I'm trying my damndest to square this in my mind, but I do believe I would need some modicum of brain dabblege to do so.