• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coalition Helping with Halo Infinite

Andodalf

Banned
And they were very good technically, that's what I can't understand about Infinite. How do you go from making a couple of technical marvels like Halo 4 and 5 then put out the Infinite demo?

It was a Xbox one game, that wasn't ready for primetime, being shown as a next gen game. They were making a new engine, and having to account for a much bigger world for a first time. And with all that, their biggest issues where in their streaming systems and lighting model, which can very certainly be changed without having to do too much to the rest of the game and engine.

Concern

And they were very good technically, that's what I can't understand about Infinite. How do you go from making a couple of technical marvels like Halo 4 and 5 then put out the Infinite demo?

Exactly. And the fact that they hyped it up like we were about to see a technical marvel is even worse. I have absolutely no hope for infinite but would love to be proven wrong.

And tbf halo 5 mp took a turn in the right direction too imo so i have no idea what is going on with 343 now.

zaanan

Banned
I imagine the fairer sex would say the same if you showed the equivalent of a NeoGAF group shot.
Speak for yourself fucker! ;)

To be fair, you are prob correct. But, if NeoGAF were hired to take over the most important game in a company’s portfolio, you better believe those “important developer” salaries would at least get the fairer sexes’ panties wet—and I daresay the final product would have a much better likelihood of actually being Good.

Kamina

Golden Boy
I imagine the fairer sex would say the same if you showed the equivalent of a NeoGAF group shot.
Likely; but luckily all of us GAF “alphas” hide behind our avatars, to hide our power-levels of course.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Man, with all the hands in Infinite's cookie jar it could either be the best Halo or worst Halo yet, lol. But I'm really hoping best.

People forget this, from a Halo gameplay perspective it looks good and interesting, mixing some things up.

Aethsteticly I see where they are going to make it look like old school halo but it didn't pay off, I want them to keep the artstyle just need to upgrade the textures and certain things around the world to make it bang, exactly like those trailers!

People just like to shit on 343 because they are an Xbox studio, 4 had a brilliant campaign while 5 had a great MP that felt good.
no it didn't, 4 had a crap campaign with non-functioning coop, linear corridors, horrible enemies, zero ammo to use, convoluted story. Horrible game through and through.
5 was even worse I'm not going to even waste my time typing it up, 343i is trash and your opinion is wrong ;)

Mr.ODST

no it didn't, 4 had a crap campaign with non-functioning coop, linear corridors, horrible enemies, zero ammo to use, convoluted story. Horrible game through and through.
5 was even worse I'm not going to even waste my time typing it up, 343i is trash and your opinion is wrong ;)
Ahhhh love a good troll

They knew they only had one cute one and so they had to put her at the front.
748616.jpg

NickFire

Man, with all the hands in Infinite's cookie jar it could either be the best Halo or worst Halo yet, lol. But I'm really hoping best.
Hopefully MS has given every team of people working on this a clear hierarchy in terms of decision making. Obviously it can backfire if the wrong people are picked. But if everyone is trying to avoid stepping on toes, offending people with disagreements, etc., too many hands is a recipe for disaster.

VAVA Mk2

Halo 4 is the best campaign in the Halo franchise.

Story is incredible, Master Chief is more badass, more heroic than I've ever seen him, he is more human, he has more depth, this is the version of Master chief you read about in Halo: First Strike by Eric Nylund. Cortana's portrayal, the relationship with the Chief, the way it expertly involved the lore from the books and extended universe, the Didact as an enemy, the unbelievable production values and incredible gameplay pacing. I don't think anything in the franchise tops it.

It rescued the Halo franchise as far as I'm concerned, which was growing stale, and I felt was in trouble after Halo 3, ODST and Reach, and to this day it remains the bar to be topped by any future effort. A lot of people pretend to be Halo fans now, but I've read this forum and seen the same comments crapping on Halo when even Bungie were on it. It wasn't really until 343 came onboard that all of a sudden, to attack the new Halo studio and to crap on the Halo franchise, that suddenly the rose colored lenses were adopted regarding what people were saying about most recent Halo games. None of the Halo games were terrible games, but they were to me severely falling off in delivering on the potential of their story universe, and just didn't deliver that excitement I felt was warranted of Halo. I was hyped before release of every Halo title, and enjoyed them in my own way, but after the fact I just felt like it needed to be better. Halo 4 delivered that. Halo 5 was good, I enjoyed it, but the story had a lot of unmet potential, it felt abrupt, like it was a transition before something else bigger. I liked a lot of the ideas it tried though, especially bringing in Blue Team, and I don't have any issues at all with Fireteam Osiris. Wasn't quite as epic as the hunt the truth podcasts though admittedly.
Nope

VAVA Mk2

They're hardly 'shitty' and it's completely normal to draft in other studios help from within your group or even outside . I think its nothing to with diversity and more do to with the game looking like an Xbox One X game and now the team are totally redoing everything.
The gameplay shown in Halo Infinite looked pure HALO and brilliant along with the music
There are now 3 ADDITIONAL STUDIOS beyond 343i and contract workers developing this. That is unusual. They got caught with their pants down and MS is throwing money at this to pull it out of the water. There are going to be huge shakeups at 343i after the game ships/goes gold. Mark my words.

There are now 3 ADDITIONAL STUDIOS beyond 343i and contract workers developing this. That is unusual. They got caught with their pants down and MS is throwing money at this to pull it out of the water. There are going to be huge shakeups at 343i after the game ships/goes gold. Mark my words.
No, it's not. Ubisoft use multiple teams on a lot of their games, Rockstar does it, so does the likes of Codemasters.
Almost all the big games will have also outsourced various parts of a games development

No its not.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vg247.com/2020/07/27/the-last-of-us-part-2-cast-crew/amp/

Aside from the developers at Naughty Dog, 14 outsourced studios worked on The Last of Us Part 2, amassing a workforce of over 2,000 people

Ambitious games require a lot of man power.

Last edited:
Ahhhh love a good troll

Curious what you thought was troll worthy in my post?
Convoluted Story? 100% true
Non-functioning co-op at launch? 100% True for local, me and 3 friends attempted to play after midnight launch and we could not due to unplayable FPS
Crap enemy design? Definitely universally agreed on, boring Promethean enemies with cheap tactics, poor AI, very bad encounters in general
Corridor heavy? Again, I'm objectively correct. Even look at the Mammoth level, it's on rails, no freedom. This is how it is in the entire campaign, I can't even think of an open feeling campaign level, please prove me wrong

Those were my main points and that's not even touching on the trash MP that is universally panned
I'm not a troll, I'm an objective guy that calls a spade a spade and a trash 343i game a trash 343i game

5 was even worse and I expect Infinite to be even worse than 5. Fuck 343i, Halo is dead. I should care, but I don't anymore

VAVA Mk2

lol if yous think anyone is gonna fire or demote her.
Why do you think they won't? Everything under her watch so far has not been well-received and not launched well. She is more concerned with getting more woman in the gaming industry and getting her next industry award than she does the quality of what her studio produces and continuing the legacy Bungie left instead of ruining it.

Enjay

Banned
Why do you think they won't? Everything under her watch so far has not been well-received and not launched well. She is more concerned with getting more woman in the gaming industry and getting her next industry award than she does the quality of what her studio produces and continuing the legacy Bungie left instead of ruining it.
Because they already would have if they were for one thing.

Top Bottom