• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cobra Kai coming to netflix

GymWolf

Never seen the films and love Cobra Kai. Don't really have a compulsion to watch them either.

I think the flashbacks are sufficient.
I mean...you don't know how much you are losing because you never saw the original films...

Flashbacks are less powerfull because you don't really love\know the old characters.

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I mean...you don't know how much you are losing because you never saw the original films...

Flashbacks are less powerfull because you don't really love\know the old characters.

Yep - and missing out on the awesomeness of Mr Miyagi is a crime. Thing is the show helps you catch up but the movies really are going to give you an extra layer.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It might be controversial but I think the series is objectively better than the movies. I grew up with the Karate Kid too. It’s really, really hard to see past the nostalgia and history of a beloved IP but this show really really excels in a lot of ways.

There are times where it feels like the show is missing Miyagi but like 90% of the conflict straight up wouldn’t happen if he was still alive.

There are some cheesy moments but the kids are actually not terrible in this show (except for the random nerdy 9 year olds??).

I also can’t imagine anyone not rooting for Cobra Kai like almost the entire time.

Flintty

Cobra Kai is the best series I’ve watched for a long time. So well made, with classic characters and relationships handled with care & respect, and a surprising amount of depth and twists to how their stories pan out. Proper excited for S3.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Season 3 coming January 8

Teaser with spoilery Thumbnail

Hell yeah!

This show really pulled off the impossible and made an existing beloved IP into something even better while respecting the original characters entirely. I wish Star Wars could have pulled this off.

Stitch

Gold Member
it's just a spoiler if you haven't watched the season 2 finale. didn't want to spoil that for people ;)

Top Bottom