• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COCOON - Reveal Trailer • 2023 | From the lead gameplay designer of Limbo & Inside

mortal

Gold Member

Coming to Xbox, Steam, & Nintendo Switch​

An adventure across worlds within worlds.​

From Jeppe Carlsen, the lead gameplay designer of LIMBO and INSIDE —
COCOON takes you on an adventure across worlds within worlds.
Master world-leaping mechanics to unravel a cosmic mystery.​

Worlds within Worlds​

COCOON is a unique take on the puzzle adventure genre, where each world exists within an orb that you can carry on your back.
Wrap your head around the core mechanic of leaping between worlds—and combine, manipulate, and rearrange them to solve intricate puzzles

GIF_C9_15.gif

Alien Machinery​

Interact with alien environments and biomechanical devices left behind by an ancient civilization.
Journey through unique and diverse biomes, from industrial structures to massive organic caverns, and discover how they are connected to one another.

GIF_A_15.gif

Orb Abilities​

Each orb has an ability that can be unlocked, thereby turning the orb into a unique tool for you to utilize within other worlds.
Use these abilities to uncover hidden pathways and objects, fire projectiles to trigger switches, and more.

GIF_B2_15.gif

Monstrous Guardians​

Mighty guardians protect every world, and you must face them in fierce battles.
Each fight is unique and requires you to master new and satisfying mechanics.

GIF_D_15.gif

daVtuqb.jpg
26w0TLg.jpg
nxo5nWL.jpg
GyqTG9h.jpg

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
Game of the show for me, I mean, it's coming from the director of Limbo and Inside, so I already know I'll absolutely love it.

Last edited:

TexMex

Love Limbo and Inside. Not gonna lie, a little underwhelmed with this, what little they’ve shown anyway. But still a day one buy.

bender

What time is it?
I was kinda indifferent towards Limbo but Inside blew me away. Glad to see the dev branch out, but man I'd love another something like Inside.

Sort of like me except I was pretty indifferent towards Inside until the twist which I really enjoyed.

I don't really love the aesthetics of COCOON but by the looks of it, it has a lot more going on mechanically than either Limbo or Inside. I'll check it out on Game Pass for sure.

cjdfb

Neo Member
Game of the show for me, I mean, it's coming from the director of Limbo and Inside, so I already know I'll absolutely love it.
According to Playdead co-founder Dino Patti and lead designer Jeppe Carlsen, Playdead's game director, Arnt Jensen, conceived Limbo around 2004.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I didn't like Limbo so I didn't pay any attention to this trailer, but watching it now it looks pretty appealing. Since it's Day 1 on Game Pass, at the very least I'll give it a try.

I didn't like Limbo so I didn't pay any attention to this trailer, but watching it now it looks pretty appealing. Since it's Day 1 on Game Pass, at the very least I'll give it a try.
This looks to have way more gameplay. Looks like a straight up platformer. Even pulling some Mario 3D World ideas with the invisible bridges.

Top Bottom