• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops Wii | Information and Hype Thread [Up: Videos/Impressions Start p.257]

kuYuri

Interview with Senior Producer on Wii version

http://www.callofduty.com/intel/410

To summarize:
5v5 online multiplayer
Includes Wager Matches and Contracts
Full Online 4 player Co-op Combat Training and Zombies
Supports Motion and Classic Controller
Ability to send invites and messages without Friend Codes and invite recent players

rpmurphy

Sounds very good, definitely sounds like it stands up to the quality of MWR. Although, I would have liked to have theatre mode, even if it were limited. (Is Brawl still the only Wii game that has a video capture feature?)

It's aliiiiiiiiiive.

Very happy that all game modes are there. I'll mostly stick to deathmatch options, but I'm glad that co-op and zombies and headphones and whatnot are there for people that want it. I'm interested mostly on if/how they tweaked the controls.

Meesh

I thought there might be some screen shots in here....nothing yet eh? Just wanted to prepare myself for the inevitable bitching, comparisons, ect...This is the first COD I've even been remotely interested in, hoping for a grand romp.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Strider2K99 said:

To summarize:
5v5 online multiplayer
Ability to send invites and messages without Friend Codes and invite recent players
Sounds great, bought.

Somnia

We got the Black Ops mics in today for Wii and they look pretty good, but I don't know if they'll be worth it since there will be like 2 people talking on the Wii probably.

jacksrb

Anyone have a good guess on what the rules will be for who you can voicechat with?

Other stuff sounds great. Neat that combat training made it in.

luoapp

jacksrb said:
Anyone have a good guess on what the rules will be for who you can voicechat with?

Other stuff sounds great. Neat that combat training made it in.

I only need one thing: a "mute all" button:lol

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Strider2K99 said:

To summarize:
5v5 online multiplayer
thank you

Full online Co-op too. Good job

jufonuk

not tag worthy
brains, fyzxwhyz was right the game is slick :p

so it take till the wii is nearly at the end of it's life span for this to happen, holy shit now there is no excuse for my little brother not to play this wii version

also co-op play on wii nice!!

please have incoming screen shots soon

EDarkness

Strider2K99 said:

To summarize:
5v5 online multiplayer

Damn, finally some information about the game. Too bad there aren't any screens, but co-op zombies? I'm in. Can't wait. Only thing we need now are some screens and a trailer or something.

I hope Play Asia drops the price of the Wii version, though. It's been sitting at $64 for over a month now.

Disguises

Strider2K99 said:

To summarize:
5v5 online multiplayer
Wow. This surprises me :D. *pre-ordered*. I might actually NOT buy the 360 version this time. Nice work Treyarch.
onken said:
You can't really call it "full" without campaign co-op.
I don't think the PS3/360 versions have campaign co-op either, so it's pretty much "full".

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Somnia said:
We got the Black Ops mics in today for Wii and they look pretty good, but I don't know if they'll be worth it since there will be like 2 people talking on the Wii probably.

It's wired right? Like connecting it to the Wii's USB? I'd imagine you can still use WiiSpeak too if you wish, hopefully. I have WiiSpeak already, not being able to use it would be irritating.

Luigiv

Haziqonfire said:
It's wired right? Like connecting it to the Wii's USB? I'd imagine you can still use WiiSpeak too if you wish, hopefully. I have WiiSpeak already, not being able to use it would be irritating.
Yep I'd hope so too. It would be utterly retarded if the game didn't support it.

gamingeek

Sounds good, I trust treyarch, they have a small passionate group trying to deliver on their wii versions of the COD games.

Disguises

Somnia said:
Can't find these on sale on any UK/EU website. American only thing? :/. I'd sure love to pick one up.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Disguises said:
Can't find these on sale on any UK/EU website. American only thing? :/. I'd sure love to pick one up.

take with a pinch of salt but saw in the nintendolife forum that someone contacted pdp in uk they claimed headsets not coming until mid jan 2011 until then wii speak it is then i guess

RobbieNick

I kinda want this version for shits and giggles too. I like to see games that push hardware to it's limits. Plus, after playing a ton of MAG using move controls, I kinda hate going back to two sticks. Does anyone know if the camera range is totally adjustable for motion control?

fabprems

Strider2K99 said:

To summarize:
5v5 online multiplayer

Yayyy !!!

Thanx for the information, i'll update the OP

Veal

Strider2K99 said:

To summarize:
5v5 online multiplayer
My body is ready.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Wii Speak will not not work Black Ops, need the PDP headset...which sucks for UK People as not seeing it anywhere for sale..they finally get multiplayer voicechat working and then they dont get the sets for sale in time WTF???

so this time it was the peripherals that would let this game down unless they are all suddenly going to come out at retail on the Day of release?

fabprems

jufonuk said:
Wii Speak will not not work Black Ops, need the PDP headset...which sucks for UK People as not seeing it anywhere for sale..they finally get multiplayer voicechat working and then they dont get the sets for sale in time WTF???

so this time it was the peripherals that would let this game down unless they are all suddenly going to come out at retail on the Day of release?

How could they not support the official peripheral for voicechat ??
So strange...

jufonuk

not tag worthy
fabprems said:
How could they not support the official peripheral for voicechat ??
So strange...

I dont think it is activisions fault more llike the peripheral makers, also Wii speak has too many issues to work usefully (I wont know until I try out the game with Wii speak to test it, otherwise I hope the headset comes out soon)

fabprems

Call Of Duty: Black Ops Wii gets zombies
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=272950

"Don't get me wrong, I love playing the game with the Wii Remote and Nunchuk, especially after I customize the controls to my heart's content," she continued. "But once we started supporting the Classic Controller Pro, I was hooked. Now I find myself switching back and forth between the two depending on my mood
Oh, noobs, you never disappoint :lol

I had a google alert with a little bit of text saying that the wii version of the game was leaked yesterday (but I can't acces the website...), so we should soon have visuals/videos for the game...

clav

Is there a mode that supports the classic controller?

Reflex was nearly unplayable. I got so much motion sickness because how jittery the game was.

RiverBed

Banned
So let me get this straight: the game is releasing in less than a week and they showed absolutely NO footage (still nor video) of it?
It boggles my mind why would that happen, so why?

The only reason I can think of is because the Wii version will look so bad next to the others, less people will want to buy it, but this is the Wii crowed. They should know buy now not to even think about graphics. So, why else?

jufonuk

not tag worthy
RiverBed said:
So let me get this straight: the game is releasing in less than a week and they showed absolutely NO footage (still nor video) of it?
It boggles my mind why would that happen, so why?

The only reason I can think of is because the Wii version will look so bad next to the others, less people will want to buy it, but this is the Wii crowed. They should know buy now not to even think about graphics. So, why else?

i still think they want to give goldeneye a fair old crack of the sales whip..by showing what CoD BO Wii can do they may eat into Goldeneye Sales

Online Zombie co-op with Voice chat, C'mon!!

RiverBed

Banned
Ah, that would be a good reason. I forgot about Goldeneye. Wiki says it releasing around the same time. Talk about bad timing for such a cult classic...

Jethro

RiverBed said:
Ah, that would be a good reason. I forgot about Goldeneye. Is it releasing around the same time?

GoldenEye is out in the US and on Friday in Europe. CoD is next week.

jacksrb

Is it just me, or is anyone else stupidly excited about the reticule and logo customization on the weapons? I am hopeful that the Wii version will have all of this, but not sure.

I am surprised that there isn't some Wii video since the game should have escaped to the wild already.

Disguises

Sooo... for UK Gaf, it seems like "Gamesbasement" (I've never heard of them) have an exclusive deal on the Wii headset for Black ops: http://www.gamesbasement.co.uk/acce...ops-headbanger-headset-black-wii-PD-8881.html (from Go nintendo). Which seems silly really because it means not a lot of people are going to have it. If it were in GAME or Gamestation or HMV, a lot more people would be chatting online. Also, seems a tad expensive at £23.

EDIT: Ah, exclusive until December as said here: http://wii.nintendolife.com/news/2010/11/games_basement_nabs_exclusive_pdp_wii_headsets_in_uk (also a £5 off code in there too). Might wait till the price drops.

And yes...STILL waiting on screens or a trailer are we? Sigh.
jacksrb said:
Is it just me, or is anyone else stupidly excited about the reticule and logo customization on the weapons? I am hopeful that the Wii version will have all of this, but not sure.
Yeah, I'm also hoping they include these features in the Wii version. The only feature I can see not making it in might be the name on the guns because I think it's the clan tag that get's etched into the gun and the previous Wii versions did not have clan tag support. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
MiniDitka said:
Getting it at the midnight release and will have some vids up shortly after, probably around 1.30 - 2 am CT.
Thanks

Pretty sad for Activision. If it is in fact because of Goldeneye (which seems a little weird) then it's somewhat understandable. But CoD would sell regardless, so...

jacksrb

Bought my headset yesterday. Intrigued by voice chat. Not sure what I will find, especially if only a small portion of the game population has the headset.

Does almost everyone on XBOX Live play CoD with a headset, or mostly people playing in private games?

Status of thumbs: twiddling.

Just got Goldeneye yesterday and realized I need to boot Reflex back up and take note of my dead zone sizes, sensitivity, turning speed etc and move it over. I made a whole junk account where all I did was adjust my control settings for a couple hours, getting killed constantly in the process, but when I finished it was perfection. Leagues beyond dual analogs.

Too bad you can't have a universal FPS control parameter scheme that can move from game to game :D

MiniDitka

crazy monkey said:
They should have released some media.
They should have released some media for Reflex but didn't (except for a few crappy pics :lol ) and probably wont do it for BO so once again it will be left up to others to get some media out in the wild.

Top Bottom