• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops Wii | Information and Hype Thread [Up: Videos/Impressions Start p.257]

rpmurphy

If they carry private online matches again, this means that the ever-desired dual analog vs. Wiimote battles can finally be done. :D

boyshine

thomaser said:
The Norwegian distributor just changed the release to November 19th.
Hopefully it's because they want to do a headset bundle, which should've been the plan from the day the game was announced, but I doubt it. It's most likely not to kill potential Black Ops sales by releasing it 4 days after GoldenEye. But I honestly believe it's dead on arrival regardless of when they time the release.

CaVaYeRo

not confirmed. We got word from Spanish retailers, but it seems France is getting pissed too.

Being precisely the Wii version (and not the DS one, which is already waiting in the shops) is the ultimate joke from this story. Production problems? Goldeneye favor? this is shameful from every point of view.

If anyone know about US or UK versions being shipped and available, then I don't know what kind of continuous 'lapse' is that easy to have with the Wii games.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
actually funny thing was I went into my local gamestation they had black ops boxes lining up the shelves all except the Wii and DS Versions, now you saying about release change i am thinking "shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit" awoo :(

amazon.co.uk still says 9th though

jacksrb

What's the over/under on when we will start seeing media on Wii version?

Today? Sunday? Monday?

We know at least by Monday midnight.

If we don't have anything by midnight Monday, I am counting on our UK friends to get some out there, since you live 6 hours in the future.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Disguises said:
Mines been dispatched from GAME, so I think UK is good.

holywhat? amazon still aint sent mine what is happening awoo usually amazon are great but not now awoo

Disguises

jufonuk said:
holywhat? amazon still aint sent mine what is happening awoo usually amazon are great but not now awoo
Maybe they shipped mine early due to it having to travel the Germany?

Edit: Maybe there were some issues which meant they had a delay with the game going into production, which means certain retailers are having problems getting stock? Where's Fyzxwhyz when you need him? :(

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Disguises said:
makes sense, I am jsut saying holy what as I never use Game i prefer Amazon but they screwed up my goldeneye shipping as hasnt arrived (yesterday or today) and i doubt they will ship black ops on time now as well,

the only thing I can think of in the delay is down to the headsets not being in stock, so delaying to make sure headsets and game comes out nearer each other, tenious link, but activision aren't that mental to purposely delay a game for no reason?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The delay to me would be an obvious move to give GoldenEye more exposure. Black Ops is Activsion's biggest game this year, but GoldenEye is their biggest Wii project. Even though Call of Duty is not same sales monster on the Wii as it is on other platforms, it still has the potential to cannibalize sales.

If people are hungry for a Wii shooter, it makes more sense to have GoldenEye on shelves, and not Black Ops, the latter of which more people will be talking about.

Then again, if it's release schedule is still on track for the US, I have no idea whats going on in EU.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Disguises said:

Edit: Maybe there were some issues which meant they had a delay with the game going into production, which means certain retailers are having problems getting stock? Where's Fyzxwhyz when you need him? :(

I have pm'ed him a couple of times I doubt he will be able to answer about the games delay as he is a dev and not PR or dealing with release schedule.

mostly what he answered was to do with the annoucements already made on the COD website

Luigiv

Jethro said:
Whatever that means...
DLC map pack confirmed!!!!!!111

Edit: Actually seeing the image myself, the "addition fee" is just whatever it costs you to get the console online (eg access point/router, modem, broadband fees).

So that no one goes cross-eyed, here's the back cover in the proper position:

ic71g9.jpg

Veal

Hero of Legend said:

ic71g9.jpg
This shit again Activision?! Is this what we're doing? Is that what's hot on tha streets?!

dwu8991

Banned
I'm petty sure the wii version is shipping out today at least that's what my e-mail said.

Can't wait to play the arcade mode with the wii zapper.

DLC content is unlikely, unless it comes on a seperate disc.

MiniDitka

jacksrb said:
What's the over/under on when we will start seeing media on Wii version?

Today? Sunday? Monday?

We know at least by Monday midnight.

If we don't have anything by midnight Monday, I am counting on our UK friends to get some out there, since you live 6 hours in the future.
As I said in an earlier post I'm getting it at the midnight launch and should have some vid up by around 1.45-2 am ct. Hopefully somebody will post vids before that but if not theres at least that to look forward to.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Im surprised it hasn't leaked.

Disguises

MiniDitka said:
As I said in an earlier post I'm getting it at the midnight launch and should have some vid up by around 1.45-2 am ct. Hopefully somebody will post vids before that but if not theres at least that to look forward to.
I got so many horrible looks from people at the MW2 launch when I picked up the Wii version of reflex :lol. Looking forward to seeing the videos, I'd be doing the same, but it's unlikely that I get this until Tuesday afternoon.

Rich!

Disguises said:
I got so many horrible looks from people at the MW2 launch when I picked up the Wii version of reflex :lol. Looking forward to seeing the videos, I'd be doing the same, but it's unlikely that I get this until Tuesday afternoon.

I've already gained some really horrified reactions from 360 gamers who I've told that I'm getting the PC version. It's actually depressing.

CaVaYeRo

Hero of Legend said:

ic71g9.jpg

ok, I can bite on the possible PS360 screens, the quotes from journalists that haven't even tried the game, etc but
that box is black and has a "not for XXX" space under the thumb so... placeholder?

CaVaYeRo said:
ok, I can bite on the possible PS360 screens, the quotes from journalists that haven't even tried the game, etc but
that box is black and has a "not for XXX" space under the thumb so... placeholder?

More likely a store display box.

We got all of our copies BUT the Wii version by wednesday of last week. Then a box of nothing but Wii copies showed up friday. Its not delayed, its just most likely from a different shipping location.

luoapp

ImNotLikeThem said:
We got all of our copies BUT the Wii version by wednesday of last week. Then a box of nothing but Wii copies showed up friday. Its not delayed, its just most likely from a different shipping location.
Thanks for the heads-up. BTW, where is your store, EU or NA?

scitek

ImNotLikeThem said:

Why don't you purchase a copy early and give us some media like others would have done by now--

ImNotLikeThem
(Today, 04:04 AM)

Oh...

jufonuk

not tag worthy
my copy is shipping today, should get it soon (am in the UK, so looks like black ops is not delayed)

no news on reviews or media yet?

There appears to be some spawn point problems. Is this patchable on the Wii version? Especially considering Activision may not be using the Nintendo WiFi connection (black WiFi logo)?

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Freezie KO said:
There appears to be some spawn point problems. Is this patchable on the Wii version? Especially considering Activision may not be using the Nintendo WiFi connection (black WiFi logo)?

source?

rpmurphy

jufonuk said:
It's being discussed on the OT for the game in general with video proof. Also, care package glitch and possible netcode issues, although since the Wii never got MW2, who knows how the Wii version of the game will fare regarding these problems.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
rpmurphy said:
It's being discussed on the OT for the game in general with video proof. Also, care package glitch and possible netcode issues, although since the Wii never got MW2, who knows how the Wii version of the game will fare regarding these problems.

bloody hell so the wii version will be broken with no way of fixing it arrrrgh :(

Top Bottom