• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops Wii | Information and Hype Thread [Up: Videos/Impressions Start p.257]

Mael

Freezie KO said:
Didn't realize. What was patched in Reflex, out of curiosity?

I have absolutely no idea that's just a piece of info I picked up last year on that infamous topic when a nice guy from Treyarch came to discuss the game.
I nearly picked it up too if I could go beyond my seething hatred of unlimited spawns

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If Reflex was built for patches I dont believe it was ever used. World at War Wii was 'patched', in that two or three new game modes were added to the menu, but thats it. Neither game, as far as I'm aware, recieved any DLC or bug fixing patches.

Mael said:
I have absolutely no idea that's just a piece of info I picked up last year on that infamous topic when a nice guy from Treyarch came to discuss the game.
I nearly picked it up too if I could go beyond my seething hatred of unlimited spawns

Okay. The multiplayer for Reflex is a blast, so I plan on getting Black Ops. I hope if things need to be fixed, they can be for Wii.

Disguises

Freezie KO said:
Didn't realize. What was patched in Reflex, out of curiosity?
I'm sure I remember news about a patch. Maybe something to do with map exploits? There was notification about it on the "Message of the day" box in the menu.

gamingeek

I just got COD Black Ops Wii a day early.

WTF is this?

I trusted that Treyarch would continue the good work and improve upon their work on the COD4 port. But no.

The first two levels look like a PSP game, it looks worse than WaW on Wii

The controls are great, a step forward from REFLEX even and better than Goldeneye by a good shot.

However I can't get past how ugly everything looks so far. I have only played for 15 minutes but I'm not happy so far. The first level of WaW Wii looked like crap too, but it got a lot better later.

Disguises

gamingeek said:

WTF is this?

I trusted that Treyarch would continue the good work and improve upon their work on the COD4 port. But no.

The controls are great, a step forward from REFLEX even and better than Goldeneye by a good shot.

However I can't get past how ugly everything looks so far. I have only played for 15 minutes but I'm not happy so far. The first level of WaW Wii looked like crap too, but it got a lot better later.
Oh shiiiiii. Got any pics? (Even off screen ones?)
Can't believe it looks that bad :/. I'd have assumed they'd have improved on Reflex as a minimum. I don't buy the Wii version for the graphics, but I sure would be disappointed if they are as bad as they sound.

gamingeek

Just when you guys want pics my phone needs charging.

What do you want, boxart or offscreen? I can do offscreen but it will probably look pretty ugly, also using a CRT that isn't a flatscreen so there will be reflections and crap.

Disguises

gamingeek said:

What do you want, boxart or offscreen? I can do offscreen but it will probably look pretty ugly, also using a CRT that isn't a flatscreen so there will be reflections and crap.
Errrmmm...not sure if that would be a good idea (crappy quality), but because we have no others, they will be the best available! I suggest some scenes in the first level? Maybe start a private match online by yourself and grab some different multiplayer maps?

insin

Neo Member
Is it at least as smooth as Reflex online? That's all I care about at this point, as the second leg of my Goldeneye for singleplayer, Black Ops for multiplayer plan for November's gaming.

gamingeek said:

WTF is this?

Good thing, that we got Golden Eye this year, then...

Hanmik

gamingeek said:

just post anything... a drawing of the screen ... anything.. any news will be appriciated in this thread..

Nabs

damn that's too bad. i'll have to see it with my own two eyes.
Hanmik said:
just post anything... a drawing of the screen ... anything.. any news will be appriciated in this thread..
:lol

Jethro

Hanmik said:

Yeah, and long as the online mode is smooth I'll buy this sucker:D

gamingeek

Jethro said:
Worst than WaW? Maybe you remembered WaW too well?

Not a chance, I replayed both WaW and Reflex Wii just last week in anticipation of this game.

(pics deleted for resizing)

Sorry guys, I tried, but like I said the pictures came out like crap. White on the screen seems to flare in the captured pics. It's a 5 megapixel camera but I can't seem to take good pics off screen with it.

Anyhow just because I had a bad 15 minutes don't judge the game on that. As I said it was only a few minutes worth, read reviews and make up your own minds etc.

After Goldeneye it seems substandard so far, but the controls are really great.

gamingeek

Disguises said:
Doesn't look too bad from those massive screens you just took! Thanks for the information though.

The blur from the bad quality pics just blurs out the crappy textures.

snc00048f.jpg

snc00051.jpg

snc00056.jpg

snc00058t.jpg

snc00059p.jpg

snc00061a.jpg

Jethro

You should delete them, they are worse than eben the ugliest scans:lol

I've got great news:

"Expand your experience with downloadable content from the Call Of Duty Store. All downloaded content includes new features and maps found in Call Of Duty: Black Ops.
**Additional fees may be required for Add-on Content.
This game allows you to connect to the internet and download add-on content (such as data or services) for Wii Points. Please keep the following in mind when downloading licences for add-on content..." etc. etc.
It does go on about similar stuff, and it does say it will be stored in an SD card etc.

Disguises

Hanmik said:
So true :lol

gamingeek said:
Sorry guys, just can't seem to get good pics off this thing.
It's better than anything we've got from Activision. Thanks :)

gamingeek

Anyhow the controls are great, within 2 minutes I was able to adjust them to a really smooth and accurate level. The ADS is soooo much better and it still has camera lock which is awesome. Also unlike REFLEX you can change it so pick up weapon and camera lock are not on the same button. No more pressing Z to get camera lock and changing weapons instead.

The run move seems slower so far, but I think it's because I was following other in game characters and the game wanted me to be behind them all the time. There is a really gaudy FOLLOW in like yellowish captial letters on top of the guy you are following, really sort of breaks from any kind of realism.

gamingeek

Also there was a complete lack of any sort of lighting effect so when that is applied along with other things like volumetric fog or smoke as well as a little bloom, it could look much better in later levels.

The texture resolution is just ugly though and coming off Goldeneye it just looks weak in that regard.

fabprems

gamingeek said:
Anyhow the controls are great, within 2 minutes I was able to adjust them to a really smooth and accurate level. The ADS is soooo much better and it still has camera lock which is awesome. Also unlike REFLEX you can change it so pick up weapon and camera lock are not on the same button. No more pressing Z to get camera lock and changing weapons instead.

The run move seems slower so far, but I think it's because I was following other in game characters and the game wanted me to be behind them all the time. There is a really gaudy FOLLOW in like yellowish captial letters on top of the guy you are following, really sort of breaks from any kind of realism.

Thanx for the impressions and the screens.
I'm kind of disappointed by what you said about the graphics being worse than before, but well, the game exists, and that is kind of good anyway.... :D

shuri

Banned
:lol :lol while i appreciate the efforts, those are seriously the shittiest quality screenshots in decades

Mael

fabprems said:
Thanx for the impressions and the screens.
I'm kind of disappointed by what you said about the graphics being worse than before, but well, the game exists, and that is kind of good anyway.... :D

From what I've seen of the other versions it's not limited to the Wii I'd say.
Don't quote me on that I only saw 2 promo vids though.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
gamingeek said:

ohh zombie arcade cheat, do it see if it works :D

jacksrb

@gaminggeek

Thanks for those! Better than nothing (or a drawing of the screen).

As for the multi-player patches, I do remember them having some ability to put in some hot-fixes. Not sure if that is the type of stuff that could control spawning issues, if they do exist.

gamingeek

Hanmik said:
Post them on some other news site.. Lulz incoming.. :lol

It's a 5 megapixel camera. :lol I don't know what is happening.

I don't know why, when light comes off screen it seems to flare and make the pics look bad. I mean look at the front cover boxart pic I took, it's good quality.

fabprems

gamingeek said:

I don't know why, when light comes off screen it seems to flare and make the pics look bad. I mean look at the front cover boxart pic I took, it's good quality.
Maybe if you do a footage, the quality will be better ? :D

Hanmik

gamingeek said:

Yeas I see that.. I watched the first picture (while you had the large versions coming up) as they slowly creeped onto my screen. And I thought.. wauw these pictures look good, but then the pictures of your television popped up on my screen..
and this came into my mind,...

129163519892713373.jpg

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
The game is on sale here, Might go check if any Wii ones came in. (in the morning obv)

gamingeek

I will try and take some video then. Not sure what format this android phone takes video at, I think it's also 25 FPS capturing too.

gamingeek

Okay I took some video, but honestly it is bad quality, for a start the frames per second is 25 that the camera phone takes, also it has added all these jaggies which don't exist.

Also I had to hold the phone in front of me with one hand whilst changing alternatively between wii mote and nunchuk.

Make sure you view it at 100% size but be warned, it's ugly.

61.5 mb download video

Godamn it's still uploading, wait a minute and I will have it up I hope.

EDIT: Godamn rapidshare, had to cancel it, started upload at another place. It says it will take over 20 minutes.

Disguises

gamingeek said:
Okay I took some video, but honestly it is bad quality, for a start the frames per second is 25 that the camera phone takes, also it has added all these jaggies which don't exist.

Also I had to hold the phone in front of me with one hand whilst changing alternatively between wii mote and nunchuk.

Make sure you view it at 100% size but be warned, it's ugly.

61.5 mb download video

Godamn it's still uploading, wait a minute and I will have it up I hope.
Haha. Thanks for uploading, will check it out once its uploaded. About time Activision released some proper screenshots, eh? *HINT HINT*

Top Bottom