• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD: Devs at War - IW Community Manager blasts WaW Producer, calls him Super Douche

CTLance

Very unprofessional.

Well, Mr Douche pretty much has to compare his game against the rest... it's a fucking series. This will be CoD5 (right?), so gamers are interested what it does diifferently compared to its predecessors. Thus it's perfectly viable to talk about the other games in the series at length. On the other hand, when you do so you certainly should know what you're talking about, which Mr. Douche apparently didn't. That's no reason for Mr. Dick to melt down like that however.

This is why I dislike the growing gaming industry. "Teh Drama". Devs, keep your pieholes shut and deliver games. You might be dazzling personalities and great at parties, but honestly, that's for you and your friends / forumites to know. Me, I won't ever come near you unless the one in a billion chance happens and we run across each other on the street or in a random forum. And even then, I'm not going to try to not treat you any differently than the rest of the unwashed masses. If I like you, I'll do so because of your personality, not because you make great games. Or shitty games. Doesn't really matter. Before that we're strangers, so don't pester me with your personal problems.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
After all the crap CoD:WaW gets for going back to WWII, this jerk tries to slam them for wanting to explain how they're different?

RyuHayate

sullytao said:
Apolagies and flowers to Treyarch expected by tuesday.

He's not really angry at Treyarch. He shouldn't be, because my first time playing the WaW beta last night was incredibly fun and felt like COD.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Also, I just realized how stupid this is - this guy is pissed because his game (CoD4) is getting referenced when a dev is talking about the next CoD game? :lol I think this guy's problem is with the franchise that he's working on.

GameGamer

CTLance said:
Very unprofessional.

This is why I dislike the growing gaming industry. "Teh Drama". Devs, keep your pieholes shut and deliver games. You might be dazzling personalities and great at parties, but honestly, that's for you and your friends / forumites to know. Me, I won't ever come near you unless the one in a billion chance happens and we run across each other on the street or in a random forum. And even then, I'm not going to try to not treat you any differently than the rest of the unwashed masses. If I like you, I'll do so because of your personality, not because you make great games. Or shitty games. Doesn't really matter. Before that we're strangers, so don't pester me with your personal problems.

That's what I wanted to say.

This unprofessional wave of "business" people is shocking.

Bunch of children who can't handle themselves.

StuBurns

Banned
This is ridiculous.

As mediocre a developer as Treyarch is, for someone working for IW to publicly slate them so blatantly is a disgrace.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Uninformed PR type at Activision riding on the wave of CoD4 popularity makes an uninformed remark about the older CoD series. Who hasn't even played the game he's trying to promote. And spams google alerts.

I think his response was justified.

guise

RyuHayate said:
He's not really angry at Treyarch. He shouldn't be, because my first time playing the WaW beta last night was incredibly fun and felt like COD.

..because all Treyarch did was re-skin and tweak a few things from CoD4. If i worked for IW id be annoyed at other PR people trying to boast about shit they had no creative part in developing. Yeah this was unprofessional, but still hilarious. The more PR people that get knocked down a peg or two, the better.

All Treyarch have ever done with their CoD games is churn out franchise titles for the publisher, give them an original IP to work on and just make everyone happy.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
stuburns said:
This is ridiculous.

As mediocre a developer as Treyarch is, for someone working for IW to publicly slate them so blatantly is a disgrace.
Wrong. People that work there post here. Have a little respect. Let's go insult you at your line of work. Not mad but this is what stops some of these industry types from posting here.

dramaqueen.jpg

Scrubking

CTLance said:

I couldn't agree more.

From Blezinksi to Jaffe, I'm sick of hearing the stupid, attention seeking comments, rants and personal opinions. Just shut the F up and make games.

zoku88

GameGamer said:
That's what I wanted to say.

This unprofessional wave of "business" people is shocking.

Bunch of children who can't handle themselves.
People do this all of the time. Just because they're a (part) of a business doesn't mean they aren't people. There's nothign that should stop them from saying what they feel...

Zenith

Banned
yoopoo said:
"when promoting your game. Promote YOUR game. Don’t compare it to another game, or reference what OTHER games did in the past, pitch YOUR game."

That made no sense. Why can't you do that? This guy sounds like a douche.

did you ever read any Quantum of Solace game previews? it was nothing but "Call of Duty 4 engine! Call of Duty 4 engine! Call of Duty 4 engine!"

it sounded so bad as if they were just riding CoD4's shirt tails (hint: they were). plus anyone who knows anything about video games knows that just having another game's engine makes it as good as a previous game that uses it. any moron here thing all UE3 games are as good as Gears?

Treyarch is just talentless.

Wrong. People that work there post here. Have a little respect. Let's go insult you at your line of work. Not mad but this is what stops some of these industry types from posting here.

You again? You're wrong, Treyarch suck. Why do Activision keep them around? they really can't afford to find a new team? Every series they touch turns to shit. The Big Red One, CoD3, QoS, they display not just a lack of technical expertise but game design as well. Treyarch take good series and turn them into shovelware.

and you can go cry to mummy if you think I'm going to not say what I really believe just because employees post here. They need to read this.

StuBurns

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
Even if it was wrong, which I would argue, as they've never produced a great game. Why should anyone censor their opinion because someone may be offended? People are criticizing the guy who made this comment, and we know IW staff visit GAF as well.

And if you're answer is, because this guy has done something wrong, then that's my reason for slating Treyarch.

This is a message board for discussing video games. Should we not say a single negative thing about any developer that decides to post here? That seems absurd to me.

Dead Man

stuburns said:
Even if it was wrong, which I would argue, as they've never produced a great game. Why should anyone censor their opinion because someone may be offended? People are criticizing the guy who made this comment, and we know IW staff visit GAF as well.

And if you're answer is, because this guy has done something wrong, then that's my reason for slating Treyarch.

This is a message board for discussing video games. Should we not say a single negative thing about any developer that decides to post here? That seems absurd to me.
Dude, 402 is ranting at Activision PR, not Treyarch. Read, then post.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
guise said:
..because all Treyarch did was re-skin and tweak a few things from CoD4. If i worked for IW id be annoyed at other PR people trying to boast about shit they had no creative part in developing. Yeah this was unprofessional, but still hilarious. The more PR people that get knocked down a peg or two, the better.

All Treyarch have ever done with their CoD games is churn out franchise titles for the publisher, give them an original IP to work on and just make everyone happy.
oh, come on you have to give them some credit for their work. weapon balancing is very important with any game. you misbalance the weapons, either being to heavy or to light, it can completely change the dynamics of play. if the game is fun, it's not because it's a reskinned COD4,not because it's using similar systems to previous games in the franchise, it's because their level design was good and the weapon balance is satisfying.

StuBurns

Banned
idahoblue said:
Dude, 402 is ranting at Activision PR, not Treyarch. Read, then post.
My post that you quote does not suggest he did.

However, the comment was directed at a producer wasn't it? In house or not, it reflects on developer as it reflects on the title they produced.

amar212

For me, it's nothing more than well-orchestrated PR public stunt prior to the game release.

It's marketing time people, Resistance 2 is here, FarCry 2 is here, everything is here - Activision NEEDS attention to COD:WaW in this damn genre-overblown.

Still - funny :)

I actually met Noah Heler on CODWaW press-premiere in London in May, and he was very funny guy. Also, he actually REFUSED to talk about COD4 during the keynote and to make any direct comparations with WaW. So, it's somehow futher evidence to my claim above.

Dead Man

stuburns said:
My post that you quote does not suggest he did.

However, the comment was directed at a producer wasn't it? In house or not, it reflects on developer as it reflects on the title they produced.
WTF? You started dumping on Treyarch, the developer. The only connection to the OP is that Treyarch is the developer of the game in question. 402 is bitching at Activision, the publisher. If you have issues with Treyarch, then that's fine, but what the fuck does it have to do with the OP?

StuBurns

Banned
idahoblue said:
WTF? You started dumping on Treyarch, the developer. The only connection to the OP is that Treyarch is the developer of the game in question. 402 is bitching at Activision, the publisher. If you have issues with Treyarch, then that's fine, but what the fuck does it have to do with the OP?
The comment was addressed to Noah Heller. A producer on WaW.

How does that have nothing to do with Treyarch?

Dead Man

stuburns said:
The comment was addressed to Noah Heller. A producer on WaW.

How does that have nothing to do with Treyarch?

Can you guys please stop interviewing this guy, talk to someone who actually works on the Dev Team at Treyarch and knows what the fuck they’re talking about. Not Senior Super Douche Noah Heller from Activision - who apparently has never played the game and doesn’t even work at the developer.

I can't make it any clearer, I'm out.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
After googling this Noah Heller dude, he seems to be good at saying shit just for publicity and nothing else.

MMaRsu

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:

So just because people who work there post here, we can't state our personal opinion on their company? I think they are an avarage dev myself as well..

jaypah

h3ro said:
I try. :D

My other choice was:

CoD: Devs at War - IW says YOU GO, Activision Super Douche says HOW CAN SHE SLAP.

:lol oh man, either one was gold!

this is all very interesting. i mean, sure. he could have sent the guy a private e-mail. but then we wouldn't have gotten this awesome thread, so.....yeah. also wtflol at all the ,"c'mon guyz play nice!" folks in this thread. go fuck yourselves then super-douche.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Another one in series "stuff you shouldn't do in public".

Previous one was the Bungie/MS announcement pissing contest of course.

Games industry is immature beyond belief.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Chittagong said:

This kind of stuff happens everywhere. Might as well say "The human race is immature beyond belief."

I think it's hilarious. IW guy is awesome. This guy just sounds like he needed to be called out.

X26

Banned
Chittagong said:

nothing comes close to that gamecock guy ripping john romero not too long ago, oh man :lol

Farnack

Banned
There are probably still plenty of producers that don't even touch the game.

And, yeah, they are douchebags. :lol

The world needs more of the Kojimas and Ted Prices.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Farnack said:
There are probably still plenty of producers that don't even touch the game.

And, yeah, they are douchebags. :lol

The world needs more of the Kojimas and Ted Prices.
Yeaaah, MOAR TED PRICE PLZ!!

Sushen

h3ro said:
FourZeroTwo Blog - Noah Heller STOP DOING INTERIVEWS

FourZeroTwo is Robert Bowling, Infinity Ward's Community Manager.

This might get taken down/edited, so here is the full post:

-------------

Seriously man…. You’re killing me!

If I see one more Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare google alert come through my inbox, that ends up being a COD:WaW article that is only showing up because YOU referenced Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare more times than you mention World At War….

Especially when you’re pulling shit out of your ass. Come on man, interview about your game. Not OURS! Call of Duty: World at War can stand on it’s own merits, leave ours out of it. Like this gem of a quote from today’s article on CVG…

WTF are you talking about?! “in previous Call of Dutys blah blah blah”. First of all, you didn’t work on “previous Call of Dutys”, so don’t talk as if you’re down with how / why things were designed the way they were. Second, you’re completely fucking wrong.

Bolt Action rifles are one hit kills in every Call of Duty we (Infinity Ward) made!!

I won’t compare it to World at War’s Bolt Actions, I can’t speak to that because I don’t work there. Just like you don’t work here, so please stop talking about our games.

A word of thumb I like to use is…. when promoting your game. Promote YOUR game. Don’t compare it to another game, or reference what OTHER games did in the past, pitch YOUR game. I mean, you have lots of cool things you could talk about… like Nazi Zombies….

Can you guys please stop interviewing this guy, talk to someone who actually works on the Dev Team at Treyarch and knows what the fuck they’re talking about. Not Senior Super Douche Noah Heller from Activision - who apparently has never played the game and doesn’t even work at the developer.

Alright, I’m done ranting… but I can’t take another google alert of garbage coming through my inbox with bullshit quotes from this guy.

-------------

I added bold to some of the juicy parts.... :D

The story has also been picked up by OXM

Discuss GAF.
I found the reaction VERY unprofessional. If I were his supervisor, I'll have a talk with him making sure he won't do the same again, or... I mean there are other more proper channels to voice concerns. I hate politics at workplace.

matmanx1

And its really unprofessional to call people names in public, and especially on this type of internet "stage". Both of them should grow up and get over it.

Top Bottom