• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD: Devs at War - IW Community Manager blasts WaW Producer, calls him Super Douche

h3ro

FourZeroTwo Blog - Noah Heller STOP DOING INTERIVEWS

FourZeroTwo is Robert Bowling, Infinity Ward's Community Manager.

This might get taken down/edited, so here is the full post:

-------------

Seriously man…. You’re killing me!

If I see one more Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare google alert come through my inbox, that ends up being a COD:WaW article that is only showing up because YOU referenced Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare more times than you mention World At War….

Especially when you’re pulling shit out of your ass. Come on man, interview about your game. Not OURS! Call of Duty: World at War can stand on it’s own merits, leave ours out of it. Like this gem of a quote from today’s article on CVG…

Noah Heller said:
“In the previous Call of Dutys it might take three or four shots from a bolt action rifle,” he explained. “We made sure that a single shot centre mass would kill that opponent because that’s the expectation of the player.”

WTF are you talking about?! “in previous Call of Dutys blah blah blah”. First of all, you didn’t work on “previous Call of Dutys”, so don’t talk as if you’re down with how / why things were designed the way they were. Second, you’re completely fucking wrong.

Bolt Action rifles are one hit kills in every Call of Duty we (Infinity Ward) made!!

I won’t compare it to World at War’s Bolt Actions, I can’t speak to that because I don’t work there. Just like you don’t work here, so please stop talking about our games.

A word of thumb I like to use is…. when promoting your game. Promote YOUR game. Don’t compare it to another game, or reference what OTHER games did in the past, pitch YOUR game. I mean, you have lots of cool things you could talk about… like Nazi Zombies….

Can you guys please stop interviewing this guy, talk to someone who actually works on the Dev Team at Treyarch and knows what the fuck they’re talking about. Not Senior Super Douche Noah Heller from Activision - who apparently has never played the game and doesn’t even work at the developer.

Alright, I’m done ranting… but I can’t take another google alert of garbage coming through my inbox with bullshit quotes from this guy.

-------------

I added bold to some of the juicy parts.... :D

The story has also been picked up by OXM

Discuss GAF.

Ten-Song

Why would it be bad to mention how a Call of Duty game is trying to do something different/tweak mechanics from other CoD games? Mostly when it's going back into WWII again and thusly has more to prove in the eyes of the public.

yoopoo

Banned
"when promoting your game. Promote YOUR game. Don’t compare it to another game, or reference what OTHER games did in the past, pitch YOUR game."

That made no sense. Why can't you do that? This guy sounds like a douche.

h3ro

yoopoo said:
"when promoting your game. Promote YOUR game. Don’t compare it to another game, or reference what OTHER games did in the past, pitch YOUR game."

That made no sense. Why can't you do that? This guy sounds like a douche.

The Senior Super Douche (that job title is so sticking) got facts wrong about the game and I think that's what kicked this off, telling people they are doing something new when that isn't the case at all...

It's Activision's fault for having this dual-dev setup. All I know is name on both boxes says Call of Duty. If you don't like the comparisons, tough, because it's undoubtedly fair game.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
2ze065d.jpg

M3wThr33

Banned
The issues is that an out-of-touch producer is blatantly getting shit wrong to make his game sound better by putting down other ones. (That they had 0% involvement in)

And IW pretty much has immunity from anything Activison-related, hence the balls to do this.

Well that guy from Treyarch was kind of a dick when I made that thread about how someone from Treyarch bought a copy of Super Mario All-Stars from my amazon store earlier in the year.

Plus I hear WaW is going to be AWESOME if you enjoyed CoD3 from someone playing it early on my friends list.. :lol

h3ro

M3wThr33 said:
The issues is that an out-of-touch producer is blatantly getting shit wrong to make his game sound better by putting down other ones. (That they had 0% involvement in)

And IW pretty much has immunity from anything Activison-related, hence the balls to do this.

Bingo.

h3ro

I kinda feel bad for the guys at Treyarch. WaW is nice (no where near as fun as CoD4, to me anyway) but having the Senior Super Douche from Activision pissing off IW can't be helping the very real perception that most of us (the hardcore gamers -> WaW's target) don't feel that Treyarch is going to deliver to the standard that IW have set...

That being said, I hope Super Senior Douche replies... :lol

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
SonOfABeep said:
Well that guy from Treyarch was kind of a dick when I made that thread about how someone from Treyarch bought a copy of Super Mario All-Stars from my amazon store earlier in the year.

Plus I hear WaW is going to be AWESOME if you enjoyed CoD3 from someone playing it early on my friends list.. :lol
To be fair, pretty much everyone in that thread owned you

M3wThr33

Banned
WickedLaharl said:
402 is the one that sounds like a douche here. oh and nazi zombies alone guarantee that WaW will be better than cod4 x1000

Game content doesn't trump quality. There's no need to ignorantly make fun of COD4 when you can build yourself up instead.

You work on a game for 2-4 years and see someone get it completely wrong before you make that statement.

Z_Y

Wait...wait...wait...

Nazi Zombies?

I do NOT want any Wolfensteiness in my COD-ness!!!!!!

Ten-Song

M3wThr33 said:
Game content doesn't trump quality. There's no need to ignorantly make fun of COD4 when you can build yourself up instead.

You work on a game for 2-4 years and see someone get it completely wrong before you make that statement.

I don't think either guy is in the right here. "Senior Super Douche" seemed to just be making statements out of ignorance against a public that's going to instantly scoff at WaW just because it's WWII again, but at the same time, the IW guy comes off like kind of a dick...

So to me it seems like it's Dick vs. Douche.

(As a side note, CoD4 was awesome, and I'm currently playing the shit out of the WaW beta and fully intend to pick it up.)

Z_Y said:
Wait...wait...wait...

Nazi Zombies?

I do NOT want any Wolfensteiness in my COD-ness!!!!!!

it's an extra mode that you can play with up to 4 people after you beat the campaign. and it looks awesome.

beermonkey@tehbias said:
You shouldn't call somebody who works for the same game publisher as you a super douche in public.

It's the done thing when you don't want to stay with said publisher. See Bungie.

M3wThr33

Banned
Ten-Song said:
I don't think either guy is in the right here. "Senior Super Douche" seemed to just be making statements out of ignorance against a public that's going to instantly scoff at WaW just because it's WWII again, but at the same time, the IW guy comes off like kind of a dick...

So to me it seems like it's Dick vs. Douche.

(As a side note, CoD4 was awesome, and I'm currently playing the shit out of the WaW beta and fully intend to pick it up.)

I understand the job the producer has to do. It's just that 420 is doing something we all wish we had the balls to do.

Z_Y

WickedLaharl said:
it's an extra mode that you can play with up to 4 people after you beat the campaign. and it looks awesome.

Well....I can handle that then. I haven't been paying too much attention to WaW because it was likely to be a buy no matter what because I love the series (sorry 402 guys). Kinda took me by surprise.

Ten-Song

M3wThr33 said:
I understand the job the producer has to do. It's just that 420 is doing something we all wish we had the balls to do.

Make fun of Treyarch? Doesn't GAF do that if Treyarch just announces a new game anyways? :D

h3ro said:
The Senior Super Douche (that job title is so sticking) got facts wrong about the game and I think that's what kicked this off, telling people they are doing something new when that isn't the case at all...
exactly, what's the point in comparing something and making it sound hot and new when it's wrong and old?

voltron

OMFG! This is insane.

Although when I realised this producer worked at Activision rather than Treyarch is took some of the sting out of it.

Dead Man

I don't see where Noah made specific reference to which CoD he was talking about. 402 needs to chill out and stop getting so defensive. Noah spoke about gameplay from some past CoD games. Everyone who has played them can comment on that.

Top Bottom