• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD: Ghosts - Leaked GameStop poster reveals content of Onslaught DLC pack

FYC

Banned
vRszwqd.jpg

According to the image, Onslaught will bring:

Multiplayer Maps:

Fog
Ignition
Containment
Bayview

Bonus Weapon:

Maverick AR & Sniper Rifle

Extinction:

Episode 1: Nightfall

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/01...reveals-content-of-first-dlc-pack-for-ghosts/

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Has there ever been a modern Call of Duty game DLC pack that didn't have its contents "leaked" by a GameSpot poster/insert/advertisement?

Alienous

There was a time where the Call of Duty DLC, at the very least, showed new ideas.

That time is no longer. It just seems cookie cutter now.

Those all look pretty cool, as far as you can tell from those tiny images.

I'm happy to be getting a new weapon(s?) and another extinction map too.

There was a time where the Call of Duty DLC, at the very least, showed new ideas.

That time is no longer. It just seems cookie cutter now.

Really? Because I've bought a lot of COD DLC over the past 6 years and I don't recall new ideas, just new maps.

I think your post is a cookie cutter COD complaint from people who don't really enjoy these games, and that's ok, but that doesn't mean you need to manufacture reasons why it's now shitty.

Joco

Have weapons been included in past COD DLC's? I thought Black Ops 2 might have had some DLC weapons but I'm not sure because I barely touched the game after the first week I played it. In any case it seems like this could cause an unfair advantage if these can be used in multiplayer and if they perform significantly better than the weapons already in the game.

For how long on xbox first?

It's a month.

Have weapons been included in past COD DLC's? I thought Black Ops 2 might have had some DLC weapons but I'm not sure because I barely touched the game after the first week I played it. In any case it seems like this could cause an unfair advantage if these can be used in multiplayer and if they perform significantly better than the weapons already in the game.

BLOPS 2 was the first COD with weapon DLC. I believe it was only one gun. It appears going forward weapon DLC will be a regular thing.

BLOPS 2 had just the Peacekeeper smg.

DaNcaKe

The peacekeeper that was BO2 DLC was an AR+SMG hybrid so I'm assuming this new gun will be the same.

Hopefully the maps are to a better standard than the ones that shipped, although I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah thats when Treyarch's cod is out. Its not out right now so thats why the DLC looks uninspired.
Well, a lot of the same developers make the DLC maps across all COD titles. Yes, Treyarch make maps, but Raven as well as Certain Affinity have made maps for Treyarch games and even IW-Joint developments. Now, they probably have High Moon Studios and Neversoft cranking out some maps.

Yay! New maps, and most important, a new gun! Finally something to make the game feel new again. But I have to wait longer because I'm on PS3. Lame.

Deadbeat

Banned
Well, a lot of the same developers make the DLC maps across all COD titles. Yes, Treyarch make maps, but Raven as well as Certain Affinity have made maps for Treyarch games and even IW-Joint developments. Now, they probably have High Moon Studios and Neversoft cranking out some maps.
Well they must be putting all their effort into every other release because blops 1 and 2 DLC is far superior to MW3 DLC and so far what we have seen of ghosts.

1/28 for elite and 2 weeks later for regular people like me? or is it just 1 week later
I think season pass owners get the content the same time as people buying individual map packs. This doesn't work like Battlefield DLC does (I did buy the BOPS II DLC and it came out for everyone at the same time).

Alienous

Yeah thats when Treyarch's cod is out. Its not out right now so thats why the DLC looks uninspired.

Yeah, I guess that's it.

I suppose now that there are season passes they have to fall into the 4 maps + 1 zombie/Extinction map + an extra (such as a gun).

Whereas Treyarch almost had the Zombie maps on a whim, or a collection of them, with different amounts of maps.

kazebyaka

Banned
It sucks that nobody will play them on pc these days. People stopped playing in Freefall map two weeks after it's release.

PSYGN

I hope these maps are medium sized. The current Ghosts maps feels like they were made for Ground War... and they removed Ground War, go figure.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'm feeling more inclined to get the Black Ops 2 season pass at this point. I like Extinction more than Zombies, but both are very much secondary modes to me. Multiplayer is where most of my time goes, and I just can't get into it with Ghosts.

Top Bottom