• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD: WW2 part of free PS+ games for June, will be available tomorrow (May 26th)

Banned
Like Xbox's, where you have to pay to play free to play games?

all of them have pros and cons.

on Xbox you get 4 games a month, on PS4 you get 2 but free 2 play games don't need a subscription.

meanwhile if you have GamePass Ultimate you have gold + 100 games to play but it's expensive

Last edited:
I played all CODs and this was one of the worst but hey, big AAA game free for newcomers so why not. I am assuming this is to get that COD hype on since they are about to officially announce the new COD for November.

I already have it - I think I got it as a part of Humble Bundle which brings me to my thought.

I've had PS+ for many years, like many of us, but I think I'm going to let it go when my sub is up in about a half a year. I'd much rather pay my $12/month for Humble Choice for games I get to keep and play at my leisure and buy other bundles from Humble, Fanatical, and other sales from Steam and elsewhere than pay for a service where the games are held hostage by a forced ongoing commitment. I'm not saying it's not a good value, fwiw. You get to play plenty of games - especially if you've built up tons of freebies in your library over the years - for a reasonable cost, but it's just not the best method for me.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
It's hard to go back after Mw but i will try it since it's free(kinda). I hope this one includes WW2 classic warriors like cyborg femme fatales.

Old Retro

All aspects of WWII multiplayer are trash: shitty graphics (if you can believe it), sludge gameplay, corny characters, horrid mechanics. The silver lining is I dumped this piece of shit after a few weeks of playing it in 2017 and started playing fun Uncharted 4 multiplayer. Sledgehammer's Assvanced Warfare was also a shit game.

Fake

As much people hate this game are so less games with offline splitscreen like CoD games and War Mode with splitscreen is really fun if you have someone to play with.

Bryank75

Banned
Would be happy with this, I skipped WW2 due to burnout on the series but I'm up for a decent campaign and if Spider-man is the other game, I'll be very happy cause my copy is physical and I want a digital that I can just play on PS5 without any jiggery-pokery!

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
COD WW2 was better than it's opponents (Halo 5, Battlefield 1 etc.) really underrated campaign that allowed them to bounce back from the horrific Black Ops games

mqczqdve3358dptywubt.jpg

Bolivar687

Banned
That's... kind of insane. Yes it's 2019's CoD and things are winding down but I never would have expected this at the end of last gen. I guess it's a good way to get more people locked in ahead of PS5.

I might check out a few matches of MP.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I hope the Spider-man rumor is true. Great game that many more people should play if they haven't already.

I know that's true for Modern Warfare. Not sure about this game. Anyone happen to know the current install size on PS4?
"Call of Duty: World War 2 has a 45.14GB download size on the Xbox One, 56GB on the PS4, and a whopping 90GB on PC."

I think that's without updates though.

I appreciate the info, but I was really more interested in the current install size as of the latest update. Anyone happen to know?

Last edited:

Shmunter

It’s a solid single and multi title. But damn, splitting that online player base is not without ramifications.

Aion002

Quite an offering for PS+ but still difficult to stomach given the value exercise, especially knowing there’s far better offerings on both Xbox and PC.

PS Plus is the same as Live Gold.

Both are paywalls to play online and they give some games and discounts to make it easier for the consumers to swallow it....

There are no similar things in PC, since on PC there is no pay wall to play online (on most games).

You are confusing the PS Plus with the PS Now and Game Pass.

Anyway... Nice! I almost bought it a few weeks ago on pc.

Last edited:
PS Plus is the same as Live Gold.

Both are paywalls to play online and they give some games and discounts to make it easier for the consumers to swallow it....

There are no similar things in PC, since on PC there is no pay wall to play online (on most games).

You are confusing the PS Plus with the PS Now and Game Pass.

Anyway... Nice! I almost bought it a few weeks ago on pc.
I'm not confusing it with anything. It's a subscription service that awards you free games. It was such long before it tacked on the MP access paywall.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
COD WW2 was better than it's opponents (Halo 5, Battlefield 1 etc.) really underrated campaign that allowed them to bounce back from the horrific Black Ops games

mqczqdve3358dptywubt.jpg
Nahhh how can this garbage could Be a good game..?

Even the Omaha beach scenario is one of the most boring and awful design level in all gaming story of WWII?

Top Bottom