• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD: WW2 part of free PS+ games for June, will be available tomorrow (May 26th)

It would be strange to see spiderman one of better ps exclusives.

Spider-Man is also part of the Days of Play event going on right now. I'd be surprised to see it going on a big sale for several days right before it's free for Plus subscribers. That would be some really bad planing.

Cyborg

I hear it has some good HDR implementation cant wait to try it on my LG CX!
My first experience with HDR was Nioh 2 and it just blew my away

xrnzaaas

It's live at least in EU.

Rip if you also have MW installed ;)

HKRlGS9.jpg

Just going to play the campaign, but not sure when as i have remastered and mw2 also on my hdd courtesy of the amazing ps plus. What a stunning service for £30 a year! People should just get 4/5 years worth of this as the service will only get better on ps5.

Riven326

Banned
This was far superior to BFV. Really enjoyed the campaign once it got going. Derivative? Certainly. But that's expected for a Triple A title. God forbid you the Germans as anything other than cartoon villains. Even so, it was fun and that's what counts. Unlike BFV, which was one of the worst single player campaign experiences I've ever had.

T_LVPL

Im letting my PS+ lapse for the first time in ages next month. I’ll resubscribe when MW2 gets multiplayer patched into it and Factions 2 comes out. It’s a great service if you play multiplayer every day or rely on the free games and store discount. If you aren’t currently playing a multiplayer game it isn’t worth £50.

NickFire

I'm excited by this. I tried my hardest to like Battlefield 1 and just couldn't. Always regretted passing this up because I love COD campaigns and the time period is one of best for these games.

But honestly' I might be more excited at the possibilities as to why is this being made free on May 26th? This is a big name game, coming out early. I'm guessing Sony wants to avoid this news being overshadowed.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I also enjoy COD campaigns. My PS+ lapsed earlier this year and I haven't really missed it much, but I may re-sub for a month or two to play this, the Modern Warfare remaster, and the BLOPS III campaign (I know everyone slags it off but I want to see if it's as bad as people say).

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
So for those who are new to the game, what are your thoughts? Better or worse than the current Modern Warfare?
It's not bad. I played 1 hour, it was fun. It's like old COD's. Weapons has little to none recoil, that's bad. Running animations feels gamey. If you ok with all of that, turn down that hit feedback volume(that pinball voice!) and you're good to go.

MW opened a new page for this franchise imo, they should never go back. Sound effects, gunplay and life-like character movements set that game apart from older COD's.

So is there supposed to be only one other game for June, or is this some sort of bonus game for the month? Has Sony specifically said either way? They really didn't do a good job of explaining the reasoning to make this game available outside of the normal time-frame.

Kokoloko85

Awesome. Been wanting to play this for awhile and never got the chance. Basically I was too broke to buy anymore games lol

Why they still haven't announced the 2nd game?

It's not that they were late with the 2nd game, it's that they were early with the first. Last Friday of the month is usually when we hear about Plus titles. This was all sorts of confusing, and I'm not even sure if COD counts as one of the two or if it's a bonus for some reason.

FrozenFlame

It's not that they were late with the 2nd game, it's that they were early with the first. Last Friday of the month is usually when we hear about Plus titles. This was all sorts of confusing, and I'm not even sure if COD counts as one of the two or if it's a bonus for some reason.

No, it's usually the last Wednesday of each month (which was today).

FrozenFlame

Well, this situation just keeps getting stranger.

I got a feeling that this wasn't the first time they put a game earlier on PS Plus but i can't remember exactly which one (or if it really happened). I thought it was Blops 3 but that was an extra game that they gave away.

Dunno, I think it's part of the upcoming Playstation celebration/marketing. COD WW2 is put on the service earlier (in time for the Memorial day), State of Play for TLOU2, Days of Play in June and at the same time, supposedly the Playstation 5 event... Generating a lot of buzz early for the big show.

There's a rumor (based on some video) that the second title is Battlefront 2 but i don't trust that. Not that I'm interested, but it seems way too generous to "give" two high profile games in the same month (that aren't published by Sony).

saintjules

I have to say, this COD is making me come back to FPS. Even though it will be a slow progression. It's not my list of genres I play on a normal basis, but the main campaign has been fun for me.

I'm actually going to try the other CODs and perhaps the Battlefields. Battlefield 4 was admittedly the last FPS I played seriously.

I still feel that I need to be better in order to take on multi-player. Any tips on that, along with any other recommendations as far as what to play next in the genre?

saintjules

There's a rumor (based on some video) that the second title is Battlefront 2 but i don't trust that. Not that I'm interested, but it seems way too generous to "give" two high profile games in the same month (that aren't published by Sony).

And here we are haha.

Alphagear

Hi guys, didn't want to create a new thread so posting on this.

Just want to know if anyone else is having sprinting issues.

I am unable to sprint even if I remap the sprint button.

The controllers I have are fine. Tried on 2 with the same issue.

Shmunter

Hi guys, didn't want to create a new thread so posting on this.

Just want to know if anyone else is having sprinting issues.

I am unable to sprint even if I remap the sprint button.

The controllers I have are fine. Tried on 2 with the same issue.
Only ever had that issue with worn right stick, but if you’ve ruled it out then who knows.

I have to say, this COD is making me come back to FPS. Even though it will be a slow progression. It's not my list of genres I play on a normal basis, but the main campaign has been fun for me.

I'm actually going to try the other CODs and perhaps the Battlefields. Battlefield 4 was admittedly the last FPS I played seriously.

I still feel that I need to be better in order to take on multi-player. Any tips on that, along with any other recommendations as far as what to play next in the genre?

In multiplayer (as well as single player), it's often easier to make slight adjustments using the left stick to walk left and right while aiming, rather than using the right stick to turn. If you've not played many FPS titles lately, perhaps try the Borderlands series or one of the recent Far Cry games for something fun and not too challenging. Of the two, I'd say Borderlands should be easier, especially since you can do more side missions if you're feeling under-leveled.

Last edited:

saintjules

In multiplayer (as well as single player), it's often easier to make slight adjustments using the left stick to walk left and right while aiming, rather than using the right stick to turn. If you've not played many FPS titles lately, perhaps try the Borderlands series or one of the recent Far Cry games for something fun and not too challenging. Of the two, I'd say Borderlands should be easier, especially since you can do more side missions if you're feeling under-leveled.

Thanks for the input! I'll take a look at those. Right now I'm playing Titanfall 2.

Last edited:
Top Bottom