• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Code Vein shipments and digital sales top two million

sublimit

Banned

Totally deserving. Best non-FromSoftware Soulslike IMO.The concept of switching builds on the fly was genious.

I hope we get a sequel that really improves and fixes the problems of the original.

Last edited:

Amiga

New average looking IP I have ZERO interest in is selling millions. This actually makes me very happy. It's a sign the gaming industry is so big and diverse that games can succeed without the complete attention of the core market. It's not big or bust like it used to be.

YukiOnna

Solid game. It definitely has its jank, but it's still a ton of fun and deserves its success. I hope Scarlet Nexus does the same.

Bartski

Gold Member
The concept of switching builds on the fly was genious.
Yeah, very interesting system indeed.

Too bad it feels like a missed opportunity, as the game doesn't really incentivize different strategies with enemy and encounter design to match. The more I experimented the worse I was doing and at the end of the day the most viable option for almost all fights was my hardest hitting hammer.

I'm curious how abilities in Elden Ring will compare to CV system of weapon class dependant specials which is another really cool idea

sublimit

Banned
Yeah, very interesting system indeed.

Too bad it feels like a missed opportunity, as the game doesn't really incentivize different strategies with enemy and encounter design to match. The more I experimented the worse I was doing and at the end of the day the most viable option for almost all fights was my hardest hitting hammer.

I'm curious how abilities in Elden Ring will compare to CV system of weapon class dependant specials which is another really cool idea
I played it when it first came out so i don't remember very well but i think the use of switching to different builds made my life easier in some cases. But i agree that they could have implemented that system even better.

I need to replay it one day.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
I had fun with it despite its flaws (level design, boss fights, and too many memory sequences) and hope it sees a sequel eventually.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
I had fun with it despite its flaws (level design, boss fights, and too many memory sequences) and hope it sees a sequel eventually.
Loved the memory sequences personally. I thought it was a great and very unique storytelling idea. And the music playing during them was fantastic. Actually the whole soundtrack was fantastic.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Loved the memory sequences personally. I thought it was a great and very unique storytelling idea. And the music playing during them was fantastic. Actually the whole soundtrack was fantastic.
I didn't mind them if they were spread out, but doing them for each "power" (I don't remember the name) got old really quick. Maybe if the memories had more interactivity or even some combat thrown in would have been better.

Game did have good music though.

kiphalfton

I played part of Bloodborne (i.e. I didn't beat it), but at this rate I'll never get around to Demon's Souls, Darks Souls I-III, or Sekiro let alone this game.

Looks interesting, and that's great it did well. Shows there's a market for anime type games and all that implies (reads: big boob characters).

Last edited:
sherlock-watson.gif

Pejo

Really enjoyed Code Vein. It's a shame that the DLC was so incredibly disappointing though. If they had an "expansion" tier DLC like the Souls had, it'd have been an amazing game throughout. As is, the base game is enjoyable enough.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Found it a bit boring, especially those super slow sequences where you walk through those dioramas. For a game that's being compared with Dark Souls but with a clearer story, it's too bad this story was so boring and presented in a very unexciting way.

jaysius

Banned
Found it a bit boring, especially those super slow sequences where you walk through those dioramas. For a game that's being compared with Dark Souls but with a clearer story, it's too bad this story was so boring and presented in a very unexciting way.
This.

Having to walk slow motion as if you're walking through mud in all those character moments, I had a ton of them found but I didn't even bother to use them, because man that sucked. It killed the pacing and just felt like a waste of time.

sublimit

Banned
anor londo broke my balls
You have really weak balls then. :p I loved exploring the Cathedral and i loved that it looked like a maze. However it was one of the weakest areas in the game IMO. I thought the urban environments matched much more the overall style of the game. I hope the sequel is based only on urban areas.
I’m not into horror but glad to see the game sold well
I think you confused it with something else.

Top Bottom