• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CodeGlue and THQ present Rocket Riot for the Xbox Live Arcade

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://www.coin-op.nl/index.php?get=rocketriot

rrlogo.png

rrscreen4_small.jpg

rrscreen3_small.jpg

rrscreen2_small.jpg

Rocket Riot
Guys with jetpacks shooting rockets. Perhaps not the most original idea, right?
Sorry, but you're wrong. That thought was just the most challenging problem for me.

I had to convince people. A clear and detailed design doc here, sweet mockups there.
And it worked! Pretty soon this game will hit Xbox Live Arcade, how awesome is that.

Wish I could say more
Honestly, I do. THQ however decides when to say what, and they're doing a fine job at that. The following is what is officially published so far.

"Rocket Riot is an action-packed side-view shooter featuring a bazooka-wielding jetpack soldier. With a highly stylized 8-bit era feel, players blast their way through the environment against enemies or multiplayer foes online.

Navigating through a completely destructible environment, players can uncover special power ups or even burrow into different areas of the map."

Features

* Engage in 80 single player missions, set in many different themes and zany worlds.
* A fully featured multiplayer Riot with 4 multiplayer modes against up to 8 players on Xbox Live or up to 4 players on a single screen. Teamed based CTF has never been so explosive!
* Fly through continuously regenerating maps that keep the action fast-paced—but time doesn’t heal all wounds.

Details
Rocket Riot will be released on Xbox Live Arcade in 2008.

Concept: Coin-Op
Developer: Codeglue
Publisher: THQ

Rlan

Actually from the pictures it looks more like an Undertow where you can actually see what you're fucking doing!

Gowans

really liking the style of fakes 8-bit, yeah the screen txt looks like worms to.

I'm also guessing its a undertow type game tho I'm hoping it surprises me.

{Mike}

Banned
a Master Ninja said:
rrscreen3_small.jpg

Am I looking at a rocket-ninja fighting a rocket-pirate?

No, it's clearly propaganda against the French community and I hate it. Now, not only do some DVDs hide our language into special features, there's racism in modern games.

I played quite a bit of it at GDC.

While i can't comment on specifics (cause the codeglu guys would murder me), i can say that it is closer to Soldat (minus limited jetpacking) than to worms. and i had a really good time playing it.

Top Bottom