• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Codemasters confirms it’s in talks with Take-Two over a possible sale

Bullet Club

Codemasters confirms it’s in talks with Take-Two over a possible sale

Dirt and F1 publisher signals it intends to accept an offer, should it be formally submitted

Dirt and F1 publisher Codemasters has confirmed it’s in discussions with Take-Two regarding a possible offer for the company.

In an internal statement issued on Friday, seen by VGC, the company said the American GTA publisher had made a non-binding proposal to acquire the entire share capital of Codemasters.

The possible offer is conditional on, amongst other things, the completion of due diligence. However, Codemasters said that should Take-Two make its bid official, its board intended to unanimously recommend that shareholders accept the offer.

A further announcement will be made as and when appropriate, Codemasters said.

Codemasters is the UK-based publisher of racing games including Dirt, F1, Grid and OnRush.

The company has also recently secured the rights to the FIA World Rally Championship (WRC) and in 2019 it acquired Slightly Mad, the developer of the Project Cars series and Fast & Furious Crossroads.

Take-Two is the owner of the 2K and Rockstar labels, as well as its sports brand 2K Sports, under which it publishes NBA 2K and PGA 2K.

The publisher tends to afford autonomy to its labels, the most recent example of which is Private Division, an indie-focussed label launched in 2017 which has offices around the world and publishes its own games.

Last year Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick outlined the company’s growth strategy and said he would look to capitalise on “extraordinary tailwinds” in the video games market, including the upcoming next-gen console launches.

“This industry is the most rapidly growing industry in entertainment and that’s not going to change for the next 10, 20 or 25 years,” he said. “With that backdrop, can we fail to execute? Of course we can, so what are we doing about it?”

He added: “Right now, we are increasing our investment in development, we are increasing our R&D investment. We do expect to enhance our release schedule – we launched Private Division, we bought Social Point, and I think you can expect opportunities that are both driven organically and inorganically.”

Source: VGC

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Just when the F1 games were getting legit legit good.

Now F1 2024 will be F1 2022 with new liveries and microtransactions for every tyres you put on the car.

Dont worry the tyres only cost 1 dollar so it isnt much.
A single car gets 13 sets of tyres each F1 weekend.
So 13 x 4 = 52.
An F1 calendar has 23 weekends.
So 52 x 23 = 1195

Yeah Take-Two is going to make their money back faster than Redbull can do a full pitstop.
QmL21qo.gif

polka22

I think when the dust settles, it will be Microsoft buying them. Put those teams on Forza with Turn 10, freeing up Playground Games

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I think when the dust settles, it will be Microsoft buying them. Put those teams on Forza with Turn 10, freeing up Playground Games
I want and don't want this. I love Playground's work, and I know they've shifted over to Fable Development, but I want them to do both. I'm selfish.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

You think the FIA would ever agree to giving a platform exclusive rights?

Unless MS buys them and treats them like Minecraft IP where its managed by them, the dollars come to them but the games are multi multi platform.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
"Also worth noting that Codemasters #CDM shares have risen in each of the past 7 sessions "

That's what you call an orderly and fair market.

Top Bottom