• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cohen says that The Don authorized Russian meeting at Trump Tower

Lying about what? Obama and his underlings 'met with Russians'. Obama even colluded with Russians in secret about national security matters. Clinton 'met with Russians' outside of state functions. Even got some fat foundation and campaign contributions. Bush and his underlings 'met with Russians'.

Trump lies? Ok. He also drinks coke.
740670.jpg

Texas Pride

Banned
what is this Stockholm syndrome crap? You are basically saying we should let Russia walk all over us (and others) because they have nuclear weapons. Nobody is suggesting we should go staight to nuclear war. We have a gulf of retaliatory options between getting along and nuclear war

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
This Ben Franklin quote is one of the most fundamental American quotes. I would expect someone with the name "Texas Pride" to revel in it. But no, apparently your definition of pride involves subordination to those who bully you with the empty threat of nuclear war. America didn't kowtow to Russia during the Cold War when the threat was infinitely higher. I see no reason we should do so now, when Russia's clearly overstepped their bounds

Well #1 I wasn't addressing you. And #2 I'm stating why Russia has to be dealt with differently than ANY other nation regardless of what they do. Now you don't have to like it but it doesn't change the fact it's still true. You putting words in my mouth discredited anything else you said. Russia is a problem but that problem has as many of if not a few more nuclear weapons than the U.S has. And as such it is utterly fucking ignorant to neglect that fact in dealing with them. It's not submission to admit that very crucial FACT it's the truth. So it's beyond stupid to believe if you do that we can deal with them like any other nation. I never said to let them roll over us I said they can't be dealt with like any other nation and it's a fact. If you're going to be intentionally obtuse and criticize me for things I never said waste someone else's fucking time I'm not the one buddy.

Dude Abides

Banned
Well of course. Junior can’t wipe his ass without Daddy’s permission. Of course he told him.

Well #1 I wasn't addressing you. And #2 I'm stating why Russia has to be dealt with differently than ANY other nation regardless of what they do. Now you don't have to like it but it doesn't change the fact it's still true. You putting words in my mouth discredited anything else you said. Russia is a problem but that problem has as many of if not a few more nuclear weapons than the U.S has. And as such it is utterly fucking ignorant to neglect that fact in dealing with them. It's not submission to admit that very crucial FACT it's the truth. So it's beyond stupid to believe if you do that we can deal with them like any other nation. I never said to let them roll over us I said they can't be dealt with like any other nation and it's a fact. If you're going to be intentionally obtuse and criticize me for things I never said waste someone else's fucking time I'm not the one buddy.

Since nobody is proposing that we go to war with Russia yelling about how they have nukes over and over again isn’t really substantive.

Texas Pride

Banned
Well of course. Junior can’t wipe his ass without Daddy’s permission. Of course he told him.

Since nobody is proposing that we go to war with Russia yelling about how they have nukes over and over again isn’t really substantive.

It matters. Because it underlines exactly why we can't treat Russia like the pieces of shit they are. Because as shitty as they are we have to have a relationship and dialogue with them even when we don't want to. I've stated the reasons why we can't just go to war with them over Ukraine and election interference. Though I do think election interference is tantamount to a delcaration of war. Especially given the history between both of our countries.

Last edited:

Dude Abides

Banned
It matters. Because it underlines exactly why we can't treat Russia like the pieces of shit they are. Because as shitty as they are we have to have a relationship and dialogue with them even when we don't want to. I've stated the reasons why we can't just go to war with them over Ukraine and election interference. Though I do think election interference is tantamount to a delcaration of war. Especially given the history between both of our countries.

Like I said, nobody is saying we should start a war with them. Their nukes don’t mean we have to bend over and spread ‘em.

Saudis don't have nukes, yet the neoliberal dems and neocon cons bend over/spread every time. Why not give Russia a little lovin' too. It's infinitely better than the Medievalist Al-Saud absolutist regime.

Last edited:

Gander

Banned
I still don't get why he didn't just defect when he had the chance? Nah, I'm going to head back to the states, things are looking up. :D

Arkage

Banned
Giuliani, Trump's lawyer, did an interview on CNN in which he discusses this whole thing. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1807/26/CPT.01.html The other people in the room during the alleged Russian Dirt conversation matter, as they can verify if Cohen is telling the truth or if Trump/DonJr is telling the truth. Two interesting bits:

CUOMO: Well, hold on a second. If the president knew about that meeting at Trump Tower in advance --
GIULIANI: He didn't.
CUOMO: If he did, it matters Rudy. It does.
GIULIANI: It does. It's not a smoking gun. It matters.

Already shifting to the narrative to, well, if Trump knew his campaign was attempting to collude with Russian agents against a political opponent, that's not a smoking gun! It's fine! Also:

GIULIANI: He didn't know about it. I know that. I've been over this in great detail. I've talked to the corroborating witnesses. This guy is walking into a trap. But --
CUOMO: You've talked to the other people that were in the room?
GIULIANI: Of course I did. Months ago. A month ago. Two months ago.
CUOMO: And you know what they say the president was told and not told by his son?
GIULIANI: I know what they say, yes.

So Giuliani talked to the witnesses who were in the room during this particular conversation, about this exact subject, two months prior to Cohen making this allegation. To my ear this sounds like the campaign knew this allegation might come up about this particular conversation once they found out Cohen had been raided and would be pinched for info, which coincidentally, happened.....about two months ago. If this conversation was invented out of whole cloth by Cohen, how and why would Giuliani have conversations with these very witnesses about this very topic two months ago when, as he claims, nothing of importance was ever said during this conversation to begin with? Stinks like rotten fish.

Last edited:
Giuliani, Trump's lawyer, did an interview on CNN in which he discusses this whole thing. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1807/26/CPT.01.html The other people in the room during the alleged Russian Dirt conversation matter, as they can verify if Cohen is telling the truth or if Trump/DonJr is telling the truth. Two interesting bits:

CUOMO: Well, hold on a second. If the president knew about that meeting at Trump Tower in advance --
GIULIANI: He didn't.
CUOMO: If he did, it matters Rudy. It does.
GIULIANI: It does. It's not a smoking gun. It matters.

Already shifting to the narrative to, well, if Trump knew his campaign was attempting to collude with Russian agents against a political opponent, that's not a smoking gun! It's fine! Also:

GIULIANI: He didn't know about it. I know that. I've been over this in great detail. I've talked to the corroborating witnesses. This guy is walking into a trap. But --
CUOMO: You've talked to the other people that were in the room?
GIULIANI: Of course I did. Months ago. A month ago. Two months ago.
CUOMO: And you know what they say the president was told and not told by his son?
GIULIANI: I know what they say, yes.

So Giuliani talked to the witnesses who were in the room during this particular conversation, about this exact subject, two months prior to Cohen making this allegation. To my ear this sounds like the campaign knew this allegation might come up about this particular conversation once they found out Cohen had been raided and would be pinched for info, which coincidentally, happened.....about two months ago. If this conversation was invented out of whole cloth by Cohen, how and why would Giuliani have conversations with these very witnesses about this very topic two months ago if, as he claims, nothing of importance was ever said during this conversation to begin with? Stinks like rotten fish.

This is just scary. I would be less scared if this POS was an actual ghoul communicating in gargling noises instead of thousand lies per minute.

My favourite current argument is “well we should have good relationship with Russia”. Yeah, country that invaded its neighbour, meddles with elections, shoots down a commercial airplane and poisons people who disagree with the president is someone you should be buddies with.

Why not ? Germany buys billions in natural gas from Russia. And yet we're spending 100s of billions of defense of Europe from Russia ? China is equal or worse to Russia on human rights abuses and nobody cares or thinks making China an outcast is good foreign policy. You're from Northern Europe. Your national interests will naturally be different from the US. It's in our interests to have a diplomatic relationship with Russia.

Last edited:
Top Bottom