• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coke Blak

Status
Not open for further replies.
havent found it yet, but while i was out looking for it i was told it would arrive on thursday at my local grocery store.. and they just got 12 packs of dr.pepper berries n cream, so i got that... had 1 at room temp and loved it.

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
I'm always up for some weird-ass beverage samplin'

I still miss the original Crystal Pepsi bigtime (not that orange-flavored relaunch abomination)

I do not miss OK Cola or 7up Gold, however.

Hit 7-11 and Store 24 today, they didnt have it. Guy knew it was coming, but didnt have a date. "Coke sends us everything, so we'll have it for sure".

:(

Jonnyboy117 said:
What is Pepsi X?

"Pepsi X: contains more caffeine than regular Pepsi, and also contains taurine and guaranine. It is similar to other energy drinks on the market (Red Bull, V, etc.)"

According to the can, it has "lemon and additonal flavors". Its red, sells for the price of a regular soft drink (like 5 cents more than a normal pepsi) but has the energy drink feel.

Sold in Asia, part of Europe, and Brasil (dont know about the rest of south america)

pepsi_x_dose.jpg

was out late getting some chicken from a chicken spot a few blocks awayand saw a couple things...

1) the corner store is now open 24 hours (used to cose at 11)

2) the (now 24 hour) corner store had a few dozen bottles of cold coca-cola blak

blak2jr.jpg

tastes good, but $1.25 for 8oz isn't something i will be buying when a regular 20oz coke is $1...

RaidenZR

I am morbidly curious as to how this thing tastes. What stores are you finding this at? The 7-11 by me didn't have it.

Jewbacca

Banned
It is awesome! All Target Stores should be carrying the 4 packs of Coke Blak. Its 4.99 for a 4 pack. The taste is excellent. Think Mocha Frap + Coca Cola, and less sugar.

Edit: Remember its 1.25 for a glass bottle. Not a plastic one. If Coca Cola does decide to take this to the next level im sure we will see 20oz blak's for 1 buck.

8bit

Knows the Score
jamesinclair said:
"Pepsi X: contains more caffeine than regular Pepsi, and also contains taurine and guaranine. It is similar to other energy drinks on the market (Red Bull, V, etc.)"

According to the can, it has "lemon and additonal flavors". Its red, sells for the price of a regular soft drink (like 5 cents more than a normal pepsi) but has the energy drink feel.

Sold in Asia, part of Europe, and Brasil (dont know about the rest of south america)

pepsi_x_dose.jpg

I'm sceptical about the claims of it containing Taurine as I've only ever seen it in France and my colleague tells me that Taurine and products containing it are illegal there.

Mr. Spinnington said:
The future competition, not to be ignored I assure you
Pepsi%20Cappuccino_mare-%5B1132218135%5D.jpg

"Pepsiccino" would be catchier.

It tastes of evil.

MattyH

dont drink coke but that berry dr pepper sounds nice
shame its not available in the uk
Cherry 7Up is Very nice as well
but can only get it in a few shops

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
I just drank my first bottle. It's everything I could have hoped for (Coffee and Coke are 2 of my favorite things).

8bit said:
I'm sceptical about the claims of it containing Taurine as I've only ever seen it in France and my colleague tells me that Taurine and products containing it are illegal there.

I dont know, it was from Wikipedia. And maybe the Asian/South American version has Taurine.

Does Coke Blak have extra caffine? Ill go out later tonight and see if I find it.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Tried it today. Tasted just how i expected. Its alright, nothing special

Tarazet

I scored.. got a 4-pack for $1.99 + tax with my Safeway card. It had to be a mistake, because that's a third of the list price, but what was I going to do? Complain? Anyway, I'm not thrilled about the flavor, but the aftertaste is good, and for hours after I drank it I felt.. nice. I'm drinking another bottle now and it seems to be having the same effect.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I want to try some cold... then warm it up in the microwave and try it hot.

Hot Dr Pepper is pretty good--try it!

sonarrat said:
I scored.. got a 4-pack for $1.99 + tax with my Safeway card. It had to be a mistake, because that's a third of the list price, but what was I going to do? Complain? Anyway, I'm not thrilled about the flavor, but the aftertaste is good, and for hours after I drank it I felt.. nice. I'm drinking another bottle now and it seems to be having the same effect.

nope, not a mistake..

its a launch sale for 4 packs at all safeway and their affiliated stores.. in chicagoland you can get 4packs for $1.99 at dominicks..

i picked up 2 cases even though theres a limit 4, but the lady let me get them anyways and just used her mangaer card to override the limit..

good stuff, i really like it.. would have preferred if it was full calorie, woulda tasted better.. also woulda preferred if it was sold in regular 20oz or cans and at regular price.. regular price will be $5-6 per 4 pack and probably $1.50-2 per bottle in gas stations and the like. $1.25 may be an introductory price.

pepsi should bring its coffee flavored cola statestide and keep it in regular 12packs/20oz/etc and try to undercut cokes offering,.. but coke and coffee sounds so much better in terms of taste than pepsi and coffee.

aoi tsuki

Bit the bullet and bought a bottle tonight. i won't make that mistake again.

i had already lowered my expectations for the coffee portion of it, since bottled/canned coffee usually tastes like ass anyways, and i wasn't expecting The Coca Cola Company to raise the bar, but it still fell short. Way short.

First, the scent. Smells familiar, but i can't quite place it. A coffee-scented air freshener was the best i could come up with. The second it hits my mouth, there's a hint of Coke followed by what tastes like weak gas station coffee. i guess it's an homage to home seeing as how i bought it in a gas station. Then the fake sweeteners (aspartame and acesulfame potassium) hit. Ugh. That tastes lingers as does the coffee flavor.

The thing is, i had made a Coke and espresso drink a year or so ago. i forget the portions, but with a good espresso, it's actually pretty good over ice.

An hour later, and i've finally finished the bottle. For some reason, i couldn't drink it all down. i couldn't stand the taste. But i'd see the bottle, and i don't know why, maybe out of pity or curiousity and a short term memory, i'd take a sip, regret taking a sip, and put the bottle down, only to repeat the process minutes later.

Coke Blak: It's like a trainwreck... in your mouth.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
I have been looking for this all over the place. Good to hear Target has it but they're closed now. I guess I'll go tomorrow.

Pellham

Banned
score, walgreens had it. but at like $6 for a 4-pack. expensive but i bought a couple. about to try my first coke blak right now. if I don't like it, I can always sell the rest on ebay. :D

RaidenZR

NSBrandon said:
I have been looking for this all over the place. Good to hear Target has it but they're closed now. I guess I'll go tomorrow.

It's not a sure thing. My target didn't have it. In fact, none of the grocery stores or 7-11's around here do.

RaidenZR

NSBrandon said:

It's not a sure thing. My target didn't have it. In fact, none of the grocery stores or 7-11's around here do.

Edit: sorry, double posted by accident.

having my third coke blak.. it is growing on me, each one more than the last..

its much better cold, and its definately got a "Dessert" vibe to it.. not something i'd have with a meal, but by itself after a meal or in the morning by itself, etc.. really good.

i sense a hint of chocolate with the cola and coffee, IMO.. coudl be wrong, but upon smelling as well as taste, there are hints of other things.. it would also play into the "blak" theme and the fact they themselves said it is a bit of a "Dessert" beverage..

anyone else try it yet?

TheMissingLink said:
I really find it to be delicious - it'll replace my Starbucks frappichino's (plus it's only one weight watcher's point!)

stock up on the $1.99 pricepoint per 4 pack if you hvae a dominicks/safeway/etc nearby!

why is this selling for such crazy prices on ebay? There is a safeway about a mile from here and turning $1.99 into $10 sounds like something I can get behind.

8bit

Knows the Score
Found some in France today, it's pretty unexciting. Coke with a shot of cold espresso.

One thing that seems different though; the French stuff is in a aluminium bottle shaped can with a pull off cap. Is the US version a plastic bottle?

Meier

Girlfriend and I had some of this last night and were really, really impressed. I dont like coffee much unless it's heavily flavored (with some type of cream) and she doesn't like Coke (only drinks Diet drinks)... and yet, both of us thought this was incredible. Each flavor is distinct and yet not overpowering. There's a bit of a coffee aftertaste, but not a black coffee one.

I dont know how they did it, but they did a damn good job. The bottle seems aluminum, but it's glass here in the US.

RaidenZR

I just tried a bottle after finding a few at 7-11...

Not sure what I was expecting but it's not worth the price for the amount you get. The bottle is misleading in weight, too. $1.79 for 8oz.? Better off getting a Starbucks DoubleShot or Frapuccino thing.

The taste itself was so-so. I guess I was hoping it would have more coffee taste than coke taste, but I was wrong. I can definitely get the coffee flavor- but it's more like someone poured a can of coke into a coffee thermos before washing it out. Smells like that too.

5/10

Juice

I bought a 4 pack from Meijer last week (they accidentally broke the "street date" on it).

My girlfriend and I are both coffee addicts.

We loved it.

It's really goddamn good. Too bad it just comes in those $5 for a 4 pack of 8 oz bottles.

I like the artwork on them, too.

Really, it tastes pretty damn good. A lot of flavor with not a lot of sugar.

jGuru

Forza's and psycho_snakes official soccer ball-washer
I'm a Pepsi guy. And those who say they are similar have no taste.

epik

GhaleonEB said:
I love Jell-O.
I love Pizza.

I would not like pizza-flavored Jell-O. Some things just don't need to be combined.

"I like pizza, I like bagels, I like hot dogs with mustard and beer... ... I'll eat eggplant, I could even eat a baby deer! Lalalalalala! Who's the baby deer on the lawn there?..."

dhomer.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom