• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coke Blak

Status
Not open for further replies.

aoi tsuki

Drinky Crow said:
eagerly anticipating "Coke Chik'n"

mmm, coke

mmmm, chicken
:)

Coke Blak would've been palatable if they hadn't used watered down gas station coffee and cut out the artificial sweeteners.

8bit

Knows the Score
dietcokebacon3ov.jpg

Setanta

In the UK and Ireland we have Pepsi Max Cino. I wasn't at all impressed with it though but i will still try the Coke version. If ever it is released here.

Senior Lurker

MS Informed
I'm not sure about Coke, but while transitting in Thailand last year I had the privilege of drinking Sprite Ice. AWESOME DRINK! It actually manages to taste 'cold' somehow, and I don't just mean fridge-cold. Try it if you find it :).

Sp%5Brite%20Ice.gif

8bit

Knows the Score
Senior Lurker said:
I'm not sure about Coke, but while transitting in Thailand last year I had the privilege of drinking Sprite Ice. AWESOME DRINK! It actually manages to taste 'cold' somehow, and I don't just mean fridge-cold. Try it if you find it :).

Sp%5Brite%20Ice.gif

I'm sure I've tried that. IIRC it's got a touch of menthol in it to give it a cold flavour.

Is Sprite 3G out and about yet? I had that last year. It's Guarana, Green Coffee & Glucose.

MIMIC

Banned
I was at Giant Eagle today and it caught my eye.

I tried it and my initial impression was, "Hmmm...this is weird." After it settled, it didn't taste bad, but it's not something I would regularly buy.

gblues

Banned
My local Albertsons finally picked some up; thankfully I checked the ingredients before I bought it.

Ok, let's see... water, corn syrup, coloring, random chemicals... aspartame.

Aspartame (AKA "NutraSweet")?

What. the. fuck. Why put both real and artificial sweeteners in it? What's the point? All that does is make people like me who get headaches from aspartame (and frankly can't stand the taste either) unable to buy it.

91720__colbert_l.jpg

Coke Blak, you are DEAD TO ME.

Nathan

Grifter

8bit said:
I'm sure I've tried that. IIRC it's got a touch of menthol in it to give it a cold flavour.

Is Sprite 3G out and about yet? I had that last year. It's Guarana, Green Coffee & Glucose.

SICK. I had one of these passing by Canada and it's like drinking Sprite flavored mouthwash.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
A co-worker and I split her Coke Blak about a week ago and a half ago. The shit was vile and we both wound up chucking our cups (still mostly full) in the garbage.

Diablos

Well I just tried some today, it has aspartame in it though, so I won't be trying it again.
It's nothing special. Tastes like chopped up coffee beans in some coke really. Not that tasty after the first few sips, by the end you really don't even notice.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
I tried this last week and consider it a failure. As someone who used to make my own delicious coffee-Coke combo drink at work, I was really looking forward to an official version.

Too costly for something that doesn't taste that good and has both HFC and aspartame.

Diablos

Geek said:
I tried this last week and consider it a failure. As someone who used to make my own delicious coffee-Coke combo drink at work, I was really looking forward to an official version.

Too costly for something that doesn't taste that good and has both HFC and aspartame.
<3

You made your own?
How much coffee did you put in? And what kind?

MrDaravon

pxleyes said:
Nice little bump.

So is this shit canceled yet?

It's everywhere now actually. My local store actually stopped carrying the Starbucks Iced Coffee cans to carry more of this :( :( :(

This stuff is alright, but too pricey.

Kapsama

SailorDaravon said:
It's everywhere now actually. My local store actually stopped carrying the Starbucks Iced Coffee cans to carry more of this :( :( :(

This stuff is alright, but too pricey.
Uh that's another abomination right there. Iced Coffee in a can and it just tastes like coffee mixed with water without sugar. They should have a warning label on it.

koam

GuessWho said:
yup, and its so-so.

I like the 5 month delay on the response. Ironically enough, that was the same date that I actually tried it. It's pretty gross. I've tried another coffee cola that was really good. Coke Blak is not.

HolyStar

Banned
MIMIC said:
I love ice-cream
I love water.

Where the ****'s my water-flavored ice-cream?!

*Ben & Aquafina. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm*

Why don't you just get shaved ice without any flavor in it?

SOBLEM PROLVED!!!

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Sorry for the bump but I had this a few days ago for the first time, and I have to say it tastes like crap, but I know a few friends who are addicted to it.

S. L.

8bit said:
I'm sceptical about the claims of it containing Taurine as I've only ever seen it in France and my colleague tells me that Taurine and products containing it are illegal there.
whaa
why should Taurine be illegal
afaik even meat, fish, mothermilk, etc contain taurine

8bit

Knows the Score
S. L. said:
whaa
why should Taurine be illegal
afaik even meat, fish, mothermilk, etc contain taurine

I'm only passing on what I was told by a colleague at the time. Anyway:

wikipedia said:
In 2001, the drink was investigated by the Swedish National Food Administration after being linked to the deaths of three consumers. It has been subject to a number of other health concerns regarding glucuronolactone, a precursor of taurine. Sale of Red Bull as a normal soft drink is prohibited in Denmark, Norway, France and Uruguay. Due to the link with taurine, local authorities categorized Red Bull as a medicine and suggest customers ask for medical advice before drinking. Because of this, only energy drinks without taurine are sold in France. The official imported Canadian Red Bull is a caffeinated version of Thai Krating Daeng. Until late 2004, its sale was prohibited in Canada. Now a can must carry a warning label that says:

Cautions: Contains caffeine. Not recommended for children, pregnant or breast-feeding women, caffeine sensitive persons or to be mixed with alcohol. Do not consume more than 500 mL per day.

However, no such warning label is present on cans sold in the UK, though people who consume the beverage in excess (more than 2-5 250 mL tins in a 24-hour period) have been known to express discomfort, such as nausea, diarrhea, stomach pains, gas, and/or sleeplessness.

Amakusa

After having a taste of this Coke Blak I have to say if you can Imagine how rotting ass thats been sitting out in the sun for 20 days uncleaned would taste... thats Coke Blak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom