• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coke Energy is one of the most addictive substances I have ever experimented with

Chittagong

Gold Member
Came across this a couple of months ago

EskhmGW.jpg

Now, I never got into the energy drink thing. I’d do some Redbull Vodkas when I had to endure a party night I wasn’t particularly keen on.

But this thing, this is another level. Here is how it goes:

1 - Huh, Coke Energy? I wonder how that would taste like

2 - Hmm, not that great a taste. Hard pass.

(two weeks)

3 - Huh, Coke Energy? Don’t mind if I do!

4 - Mmm, I think this Coke Energy thing actually tastes great

5 - Proactively fantasising about Coke Energy

Only thing that compares is alcohol.

Last edited:

DESTROYA

Generally try to avoid these type of drinks but I might give it a shot.
Im guessing it tastes like coke?

Nymphae

Banned
I am super pissed that Coke has apparently decided to stop selling Coke Life in Canada, after I have made the effort to switch over to it and rather enjoy it now. Fucking shit doesn't sell because people just can't ween themselves off the liquid crack, so Coke just says fuck it Red coke only, we tried to help you fat asses out but you don't want to help yourselves.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I am super pissed that Coke has apparently decided to stop selling Coke Life in Canada, after I have made the effort to switch over to it and rather enjoy it now. Fucking shit doesn't sell because people just can't ween themselves off the liquid crack, so Coke just says fuck it Red coke only, we tried to help you fat asses out but you don't want to help yourselves.
Does Canada not have alternatives? I can think of 3 local sodas that are alternatives JUST here in Texas.

lol

OP needs to taste that Colombian stuff, that's some real energy you get there

Cocaine?

I used to have Red Bull as a Teen at Farmfoods when it was cheap but I don't really drink Energy Drinks anymore.

I remember Coke Life!!! It was that weird "Coke but less Sugar" thing that...didn't sell very well.

Last edited:

Pejo

Man I recently had the veil lifted from my eyes in regards to cola - it's got cilantro in it. I hate cilantro. Now when I drink a cola flavored drink, I can clearly taste the cilantro and it's ruined.

God damn anime.

Nymphae

Banned
I remember Coke Life!!! It was that weird "Coke but less Sugar" thing that...didn't sell very well.

Yes, half the normal amount of sugar, and the rest of the taste made up with stevia. Very slightly different taste, but noticeably not a diet/aspartame taste. I have 3 more 24 pack cases in a closet and then looks like I'm off Coke again.

Yes, half the normal amount of sugar, and the rest of the taste made up with stevia. Very slightly different taste, but noticeably not a diet/aspartame taste. I have 3 more 24 pack cases in a closet and then looks like I'm off Coke again.

Damn, that sucks. I remember those Irn Bru Scotsman who hoarded the original recipe because of the whole Sugar Tax and now it's not as good. :(

I didn't mind it but it was pretty expensive over here. I would rather drink full fat coke or Zero. Stevia is not a bad alternative though.

Nymphae

Banned
Damn, that sucks. I remember those Irn Bru Scotsman who hoarded the original recipe because of the whole Sugar Tax and now it's not as good. :(

Huh, I just tried that stuff the other day for the first time and I didn't really enjoy it, it was like citrus bubblegum, really odd flavour.

I might try the Zevia soda again, the taste reminds me of diet soda but without the aspartame.

I did go back to regular Coke for a little bit after noticing Life not being sold anymore, but I can't drink it in good conscience anymore knowing how much sugar is in just one. A 355ml can of Life has 18g of sugar, the mini 222 ml red cokes? Like 24 mg.

Huh, I just tried that stuff the other day for the first time and I didn't really enjoy it, it was like citrus bubblegum, really odd flavour.

I might try the Zevia soda again, the taste reminds me of diet soda but without the aspartame.

I did go back to regular Coke for a little bit after noticing Life not being sold anymore, but I can't drink it in good conscience anymore knowing how much sugar is in just one. A 355ml can of Life has 18g of sugar, the mini 222 ml red cokes? Like 24 mg.

It depends on the recipes they use between Europe and Canada. It's pretty close to Coke over here (at least for me).

Moderation is okay for stuff like Full Fat Cokes. I have one about......once every 2/3 days? I love me some sugar you see!

Prison Mike

Banned
Came across this a couple of months ago

EskhmGW.jpg

Now, I never got into the energy drink thing. I’d do some Redbull Vodkas when I had to endure a party night I wasn’t particularly keen on.

But this thing, this is another level. Here is how it goes:

1 - Huh, Coke Energy? I wonder how that would taste like

2 - Hmm, not that great a taste. Hard pass.

(two weeks)

3 - Huh, Coke Energy? Don’t mind if I do!

4 - Mmm, I think this Coke Energy thing actually tastes great

5 - Proactively fantasising about Coke Energy

Only thing that compares is alcohol.
Lol you better steer clear of columbian marching powder then

Nester99

People who want to get off pop move to Water. Going to coke lite is a weak half measure. Don’t kid yourself, you are still addicted to “Soady Pop”

Nymphae

Banned
People who want to get off pop move to Water. Going to coke lite is a weak half measure. Don’t kid yourself, you are still addicted to “Soady Pop”

No shit, it's called weening (weaning?) yourself off something. I want to gradually reduce the sugar I get. It's hard to just cut things out immediately, Coke Life was a good intermediary step.

Last edited:
Soda is a child's drink, change my mind.

I stopped drinking pop 10 years ago. I'll still have a cup every now and then (mostly if someone gives me a mixed drink). Besides quitting smoking that was one of the best health decisions I made in my life.

All that unnecessary sugar will kill you slow and painfully.

No shit, it's called weening (weaning?) yourself off something. I want to gradually reduce the sugar I get. It's hard to just cut things out immediately, Coke Life was a good intermediary step.

If you've been drinking it for more than 2 months just go the water route. Or go for a seltzer if u still want the fizz.

Last edited:

Nester99

It’s not hard at all, pull that bandaid off. Will only take a week or 10 days to forget the sugar. Weaning is for babies coming off mothers milk....not for grown adults trying to be healthy.

it’s hilarious to see you complain about other “fat asses” while being so weak willed yourself.

Nymphae

Banned
If you've been drinking it for more than 2 months just go the water route. Or go for a seltzer if u still want the fizz.

I've been hooked on pop ever since I was a kid, I tended to have one with every meal every day of the week, sometimes another here and there. Now I'm mostly on chocolate milk, but I still grab a pop to go with snacks like pop or chips. I can't stand carbonated water unfortunately, it's not so much the carbonation I enjoy but the specific cola flavours.

It’s not hard at all, pull that bandaid off.

YMMV

Will only take a week or 10 days to forget the sugar. Weaning is for babies coming off mothers milk....not for grown adults trying to be healthy.

May be the case, but I like pop. I'm just trying to reduce sugar intake a bit, not be a model physical specimen.

it’s hilarious to see you complain about other “fat asses” while being so weak willed yourself.

Well it is pretty sad that people are so addicted to sodas as they are that they cannot stomach an extremely similar drink that drastically reduces the sugar content. It doesn't have to be all or nothing, I think attempting to make these things less harmful is a positive.

I've been hooked on pop ever since I was a kid, I tended to have one with every meal every day of the week, sometimes another here and there. Now I'm mostly on chocolate milk, but I still grab a pop to go with snacks like pop or chips. I can't stand carbonated water unfortunately, it's not so much the carbonation I enjoy but the specific cola flavours.

YMMV

May be the case, but I like pop. I'm just trying to reduce sugar intake a bit, not be a model physical specimen.

Well it is pretty sad that people are so addicted to sodas as they are that they cannot stomach an extremely similar drink that drastically reduces the sugar content. It doesn't have to be all or nothing, I think attempting to make these things less harmful is a positive.

Soda with every meal plus drinking chocolate milk?

I hope youre under 25. Because god damn man. You gonna die a very shitty death if you don't correct yourself.

Nymphae

Banned
Soda with every meal plus drinking chocolate milk?

I hope youre under 25. Because god damn man. You gonna die a very shitty death if you don't correct yourself.

No, I have chocolate milk with every meal now, and the occasional Coke when I have snacks, or occasionally with meals if I ran out of milk. So it's a few Cokes a week now as opposed to like 10+ a week before.

Weilthain

Banned
Hell yeah brother

0K6Miw5.jpg

9ax8gZj.jpg

ISwWB5Y.jpg

JyWatGl.jpg

IBSzLN0.jpg
I like a white monster as much as the next man but I’m not so gay about it.

Nothing against gay people. My best mate Colin is gay and my friend who used to be gay but is now married with a kid used to be gay.

Blade2.0

Cocaine?

I used to have Red Bull as a Teen at Farmfoods when it was cheap but I don't really drink Energy Drinks anymore.

Because sugar is fucking addicting. It's like getting someone hooked on crack to a certain level and then being like "now you only get half the crack as before".

Home boy is going to be jonesing the hell for the OG amount

No, I have chocolate milk with every meal now, and the occasional Coke when I have snacks, or occasionally with meals if I ran out of milk. So it's a few Cokes a week now as opposed to like 10+ a week before.

Chocolate milk has about 50 grams of sugar per 473 carton. Just fyi.

Nester99

Your kidding yourself thinking Chocolate milk is better for you than coke.
Low fat choco has 25g of sugar per cup vs 26g of 1 cup of Coke.

Switch to water and watch the weight melt off....

2 years ago i cold turkey-ed sugary drinks (minus about 4 beer a month) and dropped 40lbs over the year.
It was fucking Magic.

Ikutachi

I can't get bored of white monster. If it's made into a soda which means I wouldn't have to limit myself to one can a day that energy drinks warn, it's all I would drink.

Same here in Germany.
But they also made the mistake, and further reduced the amount of sugar after a while. And then it started tasting like shit.

Hulk_Smash

Banned

Hmmmm Sounds like what Coke 2 was here in the states. Better than Coke Zero and didn’t taste like syrupy battery acid like coke does here.

Sounds heavenly.

And no they don’t sell Coke 2 here any more either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom