• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coldwood is developing Unravel 2, EA publishing

Granjinha

http://www.polygon.com/2016/5/17/11691722/unravel-ea-coldwood-interactive-sequel

Unravel developer Coldwood Interactive has signed a publishing agreement with Electronic Arts for its next game, EA announced today.

"We could not be more excited to continue working with Martin Sahlin and the great team at Coldwood, and to see the next adventure they bring to life," said Patrick Söderlund, executive vice president of EA Studios.

Update: Reached for comment, a representative for EA confirmed to Polygon that the agreement between Coldwood and EA "will be for the next Unravel."

Didn't expect that. Unravel was quite weak.

EDIT: Happy for them, though. I do think it had great potential.

DOWN

Banned
It was well received because it was beautiful and great. OP is out of the loop.

Get the game and fall in love. This is great news.

Cool! Unravel didn't really work for me, but I liked what it was going for, and I'd be excited to see what they do with a sequel.

Dominator

I didn't really enjoy the game that much but it was beautiful. I'll give a sequel a shot if it's got some good enhancements.

Vuze

That's cool I guess. Hope they keep the audio and visuals top-notch just as in the first and refine the gameplay / puzzles.

Granjinha

It was well received because it was beautiful and great. OP is out of the loop.

Get the game and fall in love. This is great news.

I don't think i am, but i do think the game had great potential. I bought it day one, too.

Hope the sequel achieves it.

Ganondorfo

This game is kinda like Ori and the Blind Forest in style right? I have only seen this game at E3 I think. It kinda looked very beautiful and interesting, but just reading this thread, most people didn't like it, maybe they can improve then with the sequel.

I adored Unravel. The gameplay might have been simple and it didn't really do anything new after the first two or three levels but I still had a great time with it. That last level, man. Emotions. I wanted to get all of the achievements but after one bugged and didn't unlock, I haven't gone back. Maybe I should try again.

Will definitely be there for a sequel.

Corpekata

Banned
This game is kinda like Ori and the Blind Forest in style right? I have only seen this game at E3 I think. It kinda looked very beautiful and interesting, but just reading this thread, most people didn't like it, maybe they can improve then with the sequel.

It's only like Ori in that it's a sidescroller, doesn't play much like it at all.

Montresor

Unravel is my second favourite game of the year so far... Absolutely loved it. It hit all the right checkmarks for indie puzzle games: 1) Great visuals and art style, 2) Heartfelt/obscure story, and 3) Really satisfying puzzles.

I will definitely be getting Unravel 2.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Kinda hoped they would be one of those studios who always work on something new, but i cant fault them for for a safer and proven approach. Lets see how the sequel works out for the, EA seems to be satisfied so far.

Corpekata

Banned
Don't know why people are suggesting the negativity is unique. The OT for the game dropped like a rock after like a day or two.

I really liked the look and feel of the game, but the actual gameplay was sorta shallow. It felt like they held back a little in that respect. I look forward to a sequel, but I want to see them go for it a bit more.

I enjoyed Unravel and it evoked memories of Limbo. But unfortunately, like Limbo, I never felt the urge to go back and revisit in the way that I would with a Mario game for example. I hope there is more re playability in the sequel, secrets and easter eggs.

Montresor

Here are screenshots from my playthrough back from when the game first launched. I bought the game one day one and it was worth the full $20. Fantastic game. The screenshots below show the game is really beautiful, and the game has solid and fluid game play to back it up.

Screenshot-Original.png
Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png
Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png
Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png
Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png
Screenshot-Original.png

wouwie

Good news. I enjoyed the first one and i would buy a new Unravel game without any doubt. Hopefully they learned from making the first game and will make the second game even better.

Top Bottom