• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colin Moriarty: Bloodborne Remaster and Bloodborne 2 in Development for PS5 by Bluepoint

Miles708

Source? 😂
These people are priceless.
Y'all know next to nothing about the developers and are having multiple meltdowns over a rumor.

Shadow of the colossus remastered is awesome (I really love it) but they've butchered the protagonist. And basically there's only one person in that game.
A couple of bosses from the recent Dark Souls remastered are straight out of He-Man, or Doom.

Their technology is top-notch and their enviromental artists are, I think, one of the best in the entire business.
But they're shit at making people and monsters. Like, really shit.

Last edited:

K2D

Banned
We got none of these in demon souls (except the tutorial that was already there) so I'm sure it will be fine
You forgot NO BLOOD-MODE!

..and also no spider-mode, where sadly they have to cut out whole areas and several bosses out of the game mid production..

Edit: Bluepoint, or whoever is developing Bloodborne sequel, this is all in good spirit - but you better go for gold! :messenger_ogre:

Last edited:

Juza

Not so many years ago it was rumored that From is working on a buttload of titles. Also, Sony has proper ppl who know whether a game is going in the right direction.
It's not a rumor! Fromsoft themself confirmed that they want to focus on developing their own titles and resurrect the previous ones! they said they are too busy with that. Plus... the only publishers who accepted to publish and marketing their own games globally without imposing certain conditions such as owning the title are Bandai and Activision! Fromsoft dealt with Sony several times and it didn't go well every time even with Bloodborne!

I remember clearly that Miyazaki was asked about doing remaster for Demon's Souls and Bloodbore a while ago and he said they are Sony titles and they can do whatever they want with it, they can do remasters by other studios, indicating that they are not excited to work on it again.

Swift_Star

Banned
Shadow of the colossus remastered is awesome (I really love it) but they've butchered the protagonist. And basically there's only one person in that game.
A couple of bosses from the recent Dark Souls remastered are straight out of He-Man, or Doom.

Their technology is top-notch and their enviromental artists are, I think, one of the best in the entire business.
But they're shit at making people and monsters. Like, really shit.
They butchered... How? The hyperbole. 😂

Swift_Star

Banned
Stop It Michael Jordan GIF
Take your own advice. 😘

Sanepar

Much drama with bb 2 from bluepoint.

I hope they make. Probably from software will support like with demon's souls they have the engine and the combat nailed.

They can make a great game. The roots for the game they already have and probably from already have schematics for new areas, bosses and enemies.

So no drama, bring it on.

Alphagear

Why exactly can't BP make bloodborne 2 without Miyazaki?

What does Bloodborne have that only Miyazaki can do?

Story? Gameplay? Art style? Voice actors?

Art style and Voice actors were both Western in the game. The gameplay has already been done to an extent by BP in Demons Souls Remake. The only missing ingredient is the story which wasn't all that in BloodBorne.

Lets not equate this series with MGS which I truly believe can't be made without Kojima.

Last edited:

K2D

Banned
They butchered... How? The hyperbole. 😂
They completely missed the mark with Wander, making him feel soul-less. I guess Team Ico did some trickery to make it so that it looks like he's gazing or fixing all depending on where/what his head is tracking (colossi/horse/etc.).

TI64GKl.gif

There's a whole thread on era if you're so inclined..

Last edited:

Edgelord79

Gold Member
So much negativity. Finally a Bloodborne remaster and sequel and instead of being happy, people complain because it's not exactly as they envisioned... even though we've seen nothing of the product

So what if they don't have Miyazaki involved? That doesn't mean it won't be good or even better.

Bluepoint seems to be pretty darn competent. Why not give them a chance? They earned it.

Bloodborne 2 without Miyazaki?

Sony owns the rights to the franchise so they're free to do what they want but they absolutely need From and Miyazaki. You can't just hire a random, talented remake studio to make a new Bloodborne.

Also, Bloodborne is one of my alltime favorite games, I really don't think they should mess with the artstyle and atmosphere it's perfect. I'd prefer if they just cleaned it up and added 60 fps.
People shouldn’t be so afraid of a Bloodborne without Miyazaki.Because the game is known Miyazakis style is known.They need to do what made the first so great,put more things also they own ideas the second will be an amazing game,no doubt about that.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
They completely missed the mark with Wander, making him feel soul-less. I guess Team Ico did some trickery to make it so that it looks like he's gazing or fixing all depending on where/what his head is tracking (colossi/horse/etc.).

TI64GKl.gif

There's a whole thread on era if you're so inclined..
Yeah same with Demons Souls characters and some art but still the best remakes.
This change is not as bad as new Alan Wake face for me but I agree - it's not what it should be

EDMIX

You can't just hire a random

Oh....they very much can...

Why is everyone going crazy here? Of course FROM/Miyazaki would supervise the project from afar, I mean, Sony are not stupid enough to go and make Bloodborne 2 without having Miyazaki's name somewhere in the credits in order to calm everyone down and avoid a potential PR nightmare.

Maybe, maybe not. From what I've seen, the majority don't even know who the fuck makes their games anyway, do you not see how many fucking post even show up on here when a port or remaster is happening and someone will say "they should have made Uncharted 5 instead" as they don't even fucking know WHO is making the remaster, I've seen this time and time again and its very sad. Trust me on this, go into any fucking thread talking about ports, remasters etc and you'll see a very common pattern of just how uneducated the community is on its own hobby. I don't really know how many people will REALLY give a fuck if that person has no involvement in the game. I'd be shocked if enough knew who made those titles and cared enough to buy or not buy based on that concept.

So on this board sure, many might know that developer, I don't know if the majority even care tbh.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Good lord this thread; as if FROM is the only one making (good) soulslike games or has the ability to make vague narrative worlds that leave it up to the community to fill out the details.

WitchHunter

Banned
It's not a rumor! Fromsoft themself confirmed that they want to focus on developing their own titles and resurrect the previous ones! they said they are too busy with that. Plus... the only publishers who accepted to publish and marketing their own games globally without imposing certain conditions such as owning the title are Bandai and Activision! Fromsoft dealt with Sony several times and it didn't go well every time even with Bloodborne!

I remember clearly that Miyazaki was asked about doing remaster for Demon's Souls and Bloodbore a while ago and he said they are Sony titles and they can do whatever they want with it, they can do remasters by other studios, indicating that they are not excited to work on it again.
Yeah, fn publishers can be anal, but Bloodborne is the pinnace of DS like games. Strange because its development went parallel with DS2.

Let's hope for a new Armored Core.

Kokoloko85

Yeah it's a real shame that Dark Souls 2 got so much critical acclaim and was so highly rated. Quite the situation.

Its a good game compared to other games but Its a real shame it also sucks compared to Demon Souls, Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro

It felt like Miyazaki’s cousin made it.

I realised after playing for 10 seconds and rolling that Miyazaki didnt make it and it felt and looked completely different to the games I mentioned above.
Theres a certain feel, design and atmosphere to his games and Dark Souls 2 did not have it. Good game but not close to a masterpiece that Miyazaki produces

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Disappointing for me if true, not the biggest fan of souls-bourne games.

Its also time bluepoint took the helm on a project + ip of there own.

iorek21

No one was able to make a AAA souls game tho. And bluepoint has pretty much zero experience making original AAA games. Also,without FROM,Sony is free to push cinematic shit like easy mode,quick time events and other crap that will just ruin the game.

They will turn it into a the last of us just like they did with GoW.

That is true, but I can't really think of any true AAA souls game aside from FromSoft, most stuff is AA like Lords of the Fallen or The Surge.

Jedi Fallen Order is probably the closest to an AAA Souls game until now, and that didn't do bad either.

But yeah, Bluepoint will for sure need a lot of talent to get that right, if this rumor is true, of course.

Lognor

Banned
I hope bloodborne 2 isn't true. I don't trust bluepoint with a sequel if from is not involved. I know Sony owns the ip but leave it be without from.

Sure, let them have a go at remaking bloodborne but an original game? Nah

bender

What time is it?
Kind of hard to be excited or doubtful as we haven't seen an original effort from Bluepoint since Blast Factor in 2006.

K2D

Banned
Yeah same with Demons Souls characters and some art but still the best remakes.
This change is not as bad as new Alan Wake face for me but I agree - it's not what it should be

I'm sorry - it's worse than I remember..:

This is how it should look like (referring to head tracking):
vPATI6f.gif

And this is what we ended up with (removed head tracking, less life-like character):

I'd prefer a toggle for the old art style, given the opportunity.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Dark Souls 2 is a fantastic game. I'd love another "Dark Souls 2 situation".

No thanks from me. Its not the same as what Miyzaki does. Neither in story, level design or atmosphere.

I dont get people who think they are the same standard of game. Its like telling someone else to make a Metal Gear Solid game

Last edited:

Metnut

You guys worry too much. Check out the game when it comes out.

Bluepoint is a competent group and deserves a shot to make a new game. Sony is showing a lot of faith giving them the BB IP. We’ll get Elden Ring from From and then more BB. Seems pretty great for anyone who likes games.

Bloodborne quickly became an all-time fave of mine when it released, it's a masterpiece in every sense of the word, I've got the plat trophy for it, it's pound-for-pound probably the single best piece of software From (ha ha!) ever put out and that's saying a lot. I'm willing to give almost any dev a chance with any property, I'll judge the final product for what it is, not based on what my expectations and preconceptions were.

Bluepoint absolutely slayed the DeS remake, it was everything I could have hoped for and more. Can they create a sequel that lives up to the glory of BB? I don't know, it's highly doubtful but they deserve a shot. Even if it never reaches those lofty heights it can still be a fantastic game in it's own right. Understand that all the GAF users getting their pantyhose in a bunch merely talking about the *potential* of Bluepoint doing a sequel will be all over the game if it comes out and turns out great, the only people you're fooling are yourselves lol. I welcome a BB remaster/remake, I welcome a sequel, neither of these things will erase the original from existence, let's see what happens.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Day one buy man

Not to mention Bluepoint game engine are much better than From

And im sure miyazaki are still involved at some capacity there either as consultant or something like that

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
What a waste of a talented studio time. They have a LOT of interesting remake projects out of Sony catalogue and Sony let them work on BB…

ACESHIGH

Banned
They can fuck up Bloodborne 2 however they want but the Bloodborne remaster which should be the foundation of the PC version should be perfect. By perfect I mean, just uncap FPS without impacting game speed , add higher resolution support. Chromatic aberration toggle. High quality AA, uncompressed textures and better load times.

Don't get "creative" with character models, monster design, music, SFX and more.

Top Bottom