• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colin Moriarty: Bloodborne Remaster and Bloodborne 2 in Development for PS5 by Bluepoint

Vaelka

Yeah, considering how utterly worthless Dark Souls 2 turned out without Miyazaki, I think it's obvious that he's a prerequisite for a good Souls game. Bluepoint make fantastic remakes, but Bloodborne 2 would likely turn out to be a bad carbon copy of the real deal.

I am sure people would be blown away by the visuals and treat it like the second coming of christ regardless.
But yes those of us who aren't so easily swayed probably would notice.

The remaster of Demon Souls already had a bunch of weird changes in the character designs that made them look almost more cartoony and the soundtrack was all over the place.
And that was just a remaster where they basically didn't change anything but what they did change I think was for the worse.

Fat Official comes to mind, he looks way less creepy and more just like a bloated fat dude with the plague.
I also don't like how they gave everything glowing eyes and saturated them so much more, it made it feel less ancient and more cartoony.
I much prefered the more grey and dead feeling of the original it fit the game way more in the remaster they glowed everything up.

Another good example is the spider, it looks far more creepy and pops more than in the remaster.
In the remaster I can just barely even see the face it almost looks like it's just a glowing eye.
1280x720.jpg

Last edited:

kyliethicc

I am sure people would be blown away by the visuals and treat it like the second coming of christ regardless.

The remaster of Demon Souls already had a bunch of weird changes in the character designs that made them look almost more cartoony and the soundtrack was all over the place.
And that was just a remaster where they basically didn't change anything but what they did change I think was for the worse.

Fat Official comes to mind, he looks way less creepy and more just like a bloated fat dude with the plague.
I also don't like how they gave everything glowing eyes and saturated them so much more, it made it feel less ancient and more cartoony.
I much prefered the more grey and dead feeling of the original it fit the game way more in the remaster they glowed everything up.

Another good example is the spider, it looks far more creepy and pops more than in the remaster.
In the remaster I can just barely even see the face it almost looks like it's just a glowing eye.
1280x720.jpg
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

1280x720.jpg
Baby Hate GIF

ByWatterson

Uh, we don't give Colin Moriarty a platform on this....wait, what? He just has a different point of view from some people and is otherwise a pretty solid dude?

Well goddaaaaaamn!

Sorry - had to.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

1280x720.jpg
I understand. The style is a bit different but for me it still works and has some full advantages.
they at least didn't derp it up like Alan Wake characters
I love almost everything about DS remake. It is what a graphical remake should be.

As for Bloodborne. I bet it will be a simple remaster + few textures thing. Bloodborne 2 on the other hand, I can't wait to see what they will do with it.
Bluepoint is the only studio that has a chance of doing this. Just because of their experience with DES and engine

yurinka

No, he is legit, or at least his PlayStation sources are. Some projects he has leaked over the course of this summer I have known of for months before he even decided to talk about them in public via social media, rumors or his podcast. Needless to say that my intel on said titles has matched pretty damn well with his.
According to him:
-There was a Sony exclusive Remedy game
-Infamous game was supposed to be in the PS Showcase
-There was Soul Reaver remake/remaster in the works to be announced this year
-Sly Cooper is coming back
-Kojima working on a Xbox game
-Bioshock 4 is coming as a PS exclusive

Seems fan guesses more than proper leaks. Did the mentioned any rumor or leak not already by someone else before him that ended being confirmed?

CheeseCake

1280x720.jpg

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out if this post is a troll/bait or not..

Anyway if these are the kinds of standards you live up to, you'll be just fine with Elden Ring given the latest leaked gameplay( looks like a reskin of Dark Souls 3)
Tyra Banks Gum GIF

kyliethicc

I wish this was half true. They can remaster Bloodborne but I don't want them to make a sequel.
People used to say there couldn't be a good Mario or Zelda game made without Miyamoto. Then Miyamoto retired and Nintendo made Zelda Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey. Miyazaki won't be making games forever. If fans of Soulslike games want the genre to live on, other people will need to make games besides just Miyazaki / FromSoftware.

YukiOnna

People used to say there couldn't be a good Mario or Zelda game made without Miyamoto. Then Miyamoto retired and Nintendo made Zelda Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey. Miyazaki won't be making games forever. If fans of Soulslike games want the genre to live on, other people will need to make games besides just Miyazaki / FromSoftware.
Or they could just do their own style in the "subgenre" rather than work on an existing IP from an entirely different company and people can accept Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne were the end? It's living on in Elden Ring after all.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Or they could just do their own style in the "subgenre" rather than work on an existing IP from an entirely different company and people can accept Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne were the end? It's living on in Elden Ring after all.
Bloodborne is Sony's IP to do with as they please. They funded and own it. Never was From's game, they were hired devs.

The exact reason Sony funds and owns IP is so they can continue to develop games in the franchises without requiring a certain developer.

YukiOnna

Bloodborne is Sony's IP to do with as they please. They funded and own it. Never was From's game, they were hired devs.

The exact reason Sony funds and owns IP is so they can continue to develop games in the franchises without requiring a certain developer.
It was a collaborative effort between Sony and FROM Software where Sony approached FROM/Miyazaki. Shuhei and co. chose them for a reason. It's absolutely their IP but if they're just going to continue it later on and swap the developer like that then it is utterly pointless. If you want that kind of game be my guest, but it loses its identity for me.

It really doesn't need to be Bloodborne. Bluepoint for a remaster is fine, but that's as far as it goes.

kyliethicc

It was a collaborative effort between Sony and FROM Software where Sony approached FROM/Miyazaki. Shuhei and co. chose them for a reason. It's absolutely their IP but if they're just going to continue it later on and swap the developer like that then it is utterly pointless. If you want that kind of game be my guest, but it loses its identity for me.

It really doesn't need to be Bloodborne. Bluepoint for a remaster is fine, but that's as far as it goes.
If Sony want Bluepoint to make a new game that's a hit, they know "Bloodborne 2" has a much better chance of success than a random new IP. Its much easier to iterate off of someone's previous work than start from scratch.

Don't worry too much. Sony could easily just hire From to collab on some of the initial design ideas in order to help out Bluepoint.

Perrott

Gold Member
According to him:

Seems fan guesses more than proper leaks. Did the mentioned any rumor or leak not already by someone else before him that ended being confirmed?
I have known about many of the Sony projects he has leaked over the last summer for months before he first talked about them, so either he is legit or at the very least the games he has talked about do indeed exist, regardless of his credibility in your eyes.

Why do you keep arguing with me on this after we've had this same conversation a million times? I'm the one who has been sitting on a pile of details regarding these unannounced projects for months now and I'm telling you that Nick's sources are solid, at least on the Sony side of things, so why do you have to keep talking to me as if you had more insider knowledge than I do? Which is obviously not the case.

FrankWza

I have known about many of the Sony projects he has leaked over the last summer for months before he first talked about them, so either he is legit or at the very least the games he has talked about do indeed exist, regardless of his credibility in your eyes.

Why do you keep arguing with me on this after we've had this same conversation a million times? I'm the one who has been sitting on a pile of details regarding these unannounced projects for months now and I'm telling you that Nick's sources are solid, at least on the Sony side of things, so why do you have to keep talking to me as if you had more insider knowledge than I do? Which is obviously not the case.
Don’t be shy man. Tell us more. Socom? Tell emme Socom is coming back!

Im sure bluepoint will consult many things with fromsoftware during bloodborne 2 development so it's not like they are all alone in this. But i dont think bb2 will be some revolution for the series or proper big sequel, it will be more of a bb1 remake/reimagine with great graphics and new locations and im fine with that

yurinka

I asked if some of his Sony claims not mentioned before him by someone else got confirmed, and seems we have a total of zero oficial confirmations as far as I remember and seeing you don't point any example.

All we oficially know is that Kojima published Death Stranding DC and Reedus claimed to be in negotiations for the sequel, which mixed with what Kojima said that they weren't very productive during the pandemic leads to think it's hard to believe they have another game in the works with MS. Then he claimed Infamous was going to be in the showcase and it wasn't.

You are the one who claims to be an insider with access to info, but I don't remember you leaking anything. So I have to blindly believe you with zero stuff to back your supposed insider claims. And I reject to believe random internet users who claim to be insiders or leakers without proving anything.

I never claimed to be an insider or a leaker, I'm just a random dev with many friends who never leaked anything. I only ask for receipts before believing supposed leakers or insiders, a good track record of previous proper leaks instead of weak rumors that end in nothing or seemingly confirmed, which right now seems to be his case.

Perrott

Gold Member
I asked if some of his Sony claims not mentioned before him by someone else got confirmed, and seems we have a total of zero oficial confirmations as far as I remember and seeing you don't point any example.

All we oficially know is that Kojima published Death Stranding DC and Reedus claimed to be in negotiations for the sequel, which mixed with what Kojima said that they weren't very productive during the pandemic leads to think it's hard to believe they have another game in the works with MS. Then he claimed Infamous was going to be in the showcase and it wasn't.

You are the one who claims to be an insider with access to info, but I don't remember you leaking anything. So I have to blindly believe you with zero stuff to back your supposed insider claims. And I reject to believe random internet users who claim to be insiders or leakers without proving anything.

I never claimed to be an insider or a leaker, I'm just a random dev with many friends who never leaked anything. I only ask for receipts before believing supposed leakers or insiders, a good track record of previous proper leaks instead of weak rumors that end in nothing or seemingly confirmed, which right now seems to be his case.
Well for the Sly Cooper coming back thing I have provided DM proof for Mod of War Mod of War in the past, so it's not as if I'm talking out off my ass here, and I can do the same for various other things Shpeshal Nick Shpeshal Nick has talked about in the past.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
According to him:

There was an EGM (magazine) rumor section from a guy named Shinobi I think. I read an interview with him after EGM went belly up where he said "All my rumors were made up. I just took educated guesses and a percentage of them came true."

That seems to be what this Nick guy is doing as well. He always announces his rumors after specific facts come out (logo teases in PlayStation Showcases, job listings etc...)

Unk Adams

Banned
There was an EGM (magazine) rumor section from a guy named Shinobi I think. I read an interview with him after EGM went belly up where he said "All my rumors were made up. I just took educated guesses and a percentage of them came true."

That seems to be what this Nick guy is doing as well. He always announces his rumors after specific facts come out (logo teases in PlayStation Showcases, job listings etc...)
Sushi X?

SJRB

Gold Member

Isn't this the story of every "insider"?

A broken clock is right twice a day, and all that shit..

yurinka

Yes, I always thought many 'leakers'/'insiders' mostly only make educated guesses or 'steal' leaks/rumors they see that someone else mentioned, maybe someone they think is credible or who says something they think makes sense. This is why I'm specially skeptical when some of them mention 'I already knew this but didn't mention it publicly'. If they leak stuff why didn't leak it to get the credit before someone else leaked it and wait until someone else mention it?

I think that sometimes they may get only one or two legit leaks, get a certain name as leaker and people keep believing them even if in several other cases they are proven to be wrong/lying. They fail many 'leaks' but people forget that, and only remember the ones that become real.

I think people shouldn't get a free pass just because some day got a single thing right, I think it makes more sense to be skeptical and get things with a grain of salt unless the leaker has a very good track record of getting things right and none or only a few % of cases where they got wrong.

On top of that, notice that almost always they 'leak' sequels of popular IPs, it's very rare to see them leaking new ips and going specific beyond saying it's a new IP and the type of game that dev traditionally makes. It's very, very rare is to see them saying 'they are working on a new ip called XXXX that is XXXX certain genre, XXXXX game type, set in XXXX setting and is scheduled to be released around XXXX'.

Last edited:

Quezacolt

The remaster of Demon Souls
It isn't a remaster. At least learn the difference.
they run the old code in conjunction with the new one, so the gameplay and all it's quirks feel the same as the original. Everything else was redone from the groundup.
And no, just because the old code is running in parallel with the new one, doesnt make it a remaster.

EDMIX

Agreed. They have a reason on why they own such IPs.

It was a collaborative effort between Sony and FROM Software where Sony approached FROM/Miyazaki. Shuhei and co. chose them for a reason. It's absolutely their IP but if they're just going to continue it later on and swap the developer like that then it is utterly pointless.

I disagree. kyliethicc kyliethicc literally brings up the point on why they'd do such a thing so....not pointless at all.

Sony has outsourced many IP mind you. Sony Bend did a Uncharted and Resistance game, Sanzaru Games did a Sly Cooper and Ratchet and Clank game and many more examples exist.

This would not be the first time a Sony IP has been put in the hands of a team that didn't start or make the IP.

When Sony greenlit Sly 4 for Sanzaru games to make it, they didn't even buy Sucker Punch yet..... as in, at the time Sony was ok with the 4th game being made by a team that didn't make the originals and that neither team was part of Sony yet. When they ok'd Sony Bend to work on Resistance, they didn't buy Insomniac yet.

So.....I'd say enough is shown that Sony is ok with putting their IP in the hands of a team they don't own, even if made by another team, regardless if they own said team or not. When they own the IP, they make the shots and I don't really think how it would be done or why is pointless, it makes complete sense.

mxbison

They could do an amazing job with the sequel and people will still hate it just because it's not FROM.

Review bombing, 2.000 word essays about the dumbest shit etc., all that good stuff. It's gonna be the biggest amount of videogame-butthurt since TLOU2.

I'm looking forward to it.

ElCasual

After todays gameplay is clear that Miyazaki and From cant be involved in Bloodborne 2 in a deep way. Maybe Miyazaki is producer

Swift_Star

Banned

1280x720.jpg
Remaster looks and sounds superior in every single way.

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
For good reason. They were literally attacked any single time they DARED to deviate from the original in any way.
Exactly, I mean look as these "opinions" 👇

Shadow of the colossus remastered is awesome (I really love it) but they've butchered the protagonist. And basically there's only one person in that game.
A couple of bosses from the recent Dark Souls remastered are straight out of He-Man, or Doom.

Their technology is top-notch and their enviromental artists are, I think, one of the best in the entire business.
But they're shit at making people and monsters. Like, really shit.

1280x720.jpg
Cringe Smile GIF

Swift_Star

Banned
I play my whole life.
Souls games are the best there are. Nothing overrated here
The best there is a little reach, I found super Mario world a superior experience. I don't think there's an absolute "best game" out there.

Last edited:

Stuart360

People are always against western devs taking over a Japanese made game, but i feel Bluepoint could do a good job. They will know the 'ins and outs' of the gameplay from the reamake, and i see no other reason why they couldnt pull off solid gameplay.

Top Bottom