• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colins Last Stand - 30 Patrons away from being the biggest gaming and nerd culture Patreon in the world.

The Fartist

Gold Member
Gotta say him whining/oversharing about his love life on social media has been extremely awkward the last few months. Almost to the point of being pathetic.
Yeeesh, sounds pretty pathetic. He's a pretty depressed dude, that's for sure. He wears it like a badge of honor, kinda sad. I still like the dude and his content, however. And I'm glad I don't even touch Twitter.

TexMex

Yeeesh, sounds pretty pathetic. He's a pretty depressed dude, that's for sure. He wears it like a badge of honor, kinda sad. I still like the dude and his content, however. And I'm glad I don't even touch Twitter.

Yeah it was awkward. I mean we've all been there but it was this really public woe is me, on again off again thing with his girlfriend. Then yesterday he posted something like "a woman will never love me" and then back peddled it hard and said he wasn't serious or something. Idk it was weird but I follow him pretty casually.

The Fartist

Gold Member
Yeah it was awkward. I mean we've all been there but it was this really public woe is me, on again off again thing with his girlfriend. Then yesterday he posted something like "a woman will never love me" and then back peddled it hard and said he wasn't serious or something. Idk it was weird but I follow him pretty casually.
Damn, well he just bought a house and is living closer to family. Hopefully it will all soon fully sink in on how well he has it but depression is a motherfucker.

CLS is the first and only that I Patron. Always been a fan of his Playstation podcasts. I stopped listening to Kinda Funny when he left.

It's really lame how badly Sony and gaming media in general treat Colin.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
CLS is the first and only that I Patron. Always been a fan of his Playstation podcasts. I stopped listening to Kinda Funny when he left.

It's really lame how badly Sony and gaming media in general treat Colin.
It's weird that Druckmann who is good friends with Colin isn't telling Sony to send a copy. It's a popular podcast whatever your opinion of the host may be. The constant repetition that the podcast you're listening to is not deemed worthy by Sony and by extension the listener is not deemed worthy of Sony's attention will lead to resentment of Sony. It's not going to be huge figure but it is likely a hardcore base. It's not a good look.

TheUsual

Gold Member
I discovered Sacred Symbols a few months back. Enjoy it for the most part. Alternate between that and ACG's podcast.

Great job at getting where you're at. Maybe I'll donate a few since I let my GB sub expire.

Roufianos

It's weird that Druckmann who is good friends with Colin isn't telling Sony to send a copy. It's a popular podcast whatever your opinion of the host may be. The constant repetition that the podcast you're listening to is not deemed worthy by Sony and by extension the listener is not deemed worthy of Sony's attention will lead to resentment of Sony. It's not going to be huge figure but it is likely a hardcore base. It's not a good look.

Yea exactly, well said. It's ultimately an insult his to listeners who are Sony's customers.

Druckmann is weird but he even recently mentioned speaking to Yoshida. Surely they have power over which ever blue haired SJW in Sony PR blacklisted him.

dcll

Banned
I used to listen to Rebel FM but Arthur and his B's got tiresome, so I haven't listed to any gaming podcast since

Last edited:

Pidull

Safe to say he is doing better than this unnamed Patreon?

0IUR5sS.png

Has anyone done a wellness check on REE? I'm worried about them.

CitizenX

Banned
Major props to a guy who has put in a lot of WORK(look it up if you dont understand the term). Not only was he blackballed by the ENTIRE industry he never really complained or apologized. He stuck by his own beliefs and values and has been successful. Whats even more interesting is he is now CCO LillyMogames(he owns 49% of the company) and they have a game already(i guess popular) on PS4? I dont know, that to me is an American dream story. Never back down, work hard and you can achieve anything.

Last edited:

idrago01

Banned
Easy allies can eat a D!ck, Colin zoomed right past them and are in his rear view mirror. I don't even like Colin that much, probably because his whining about girl problems is off putting, but I find it funny that one of the only non-woke podcasts is becoming so successful. When the allies were on the top of their game they tried to collaborate with Colin at one point but their REEsetera fans acted like total jilted lovers and started threatening to leave en masse (all 5 of them or so), so I think brandon just did one interview and just left Colin hanging and went on to trying to suck up to greg miller. Now look at the both of them, kudos to Colin.

Last edited:

Portugeezer

Easy allies can eat a D!ck, Colin zoomed right past them and are in his rear view mirror. I don't even like Colin that much, probably because his whining about girl problems is off putting, but I find it funny that one of the only non-woke podcasts is becoming so successful. When the allies were on the top of their game they tried to collaborate with Colin at one point but their REEsetera fans acted like total jilted lovers and started threatening to leave en masse (all 5 of them or so), so I think brandon just did one interview and just left Colin hanging and went on to trying to suck up to greg miller. Now look at the both of them, kudos to Colin.
I like EZA, but many of them are Reeeera users.

I don't know about the interview thing, are you sure that was after he left kinda funny?

Last edited:

idrago01

Banned
I like EZA, but many of them are Reeeera users.

I don't know about the interview thing, are you sure that was after he left kinda funny?
Yeah, easy allies was hitting it's stride and was at the top on patreon and colin was just starting out, i'll give brandon credit since he didn't back out completely for the interview with colin, but he never did anything with him afterwards, instead he tried to suck up to greg and tim. Good on Colin for overtaking them. Interview starts around the 3 hr mark.

Last edited:

Xenon

Out of curiosity is Sony still not responding to him directly? I know he believed he was blacklisted for a while.

Not really big on PlayStation so not really into sacred symbols, I'm happy to see he's doing well. I'd love to see a future where Greg is kind of like Biff in Back to the Future 2 and he has to wash and wax Collins car.

Portugeezer

Out of curiosity is Sony still not responding to him directly? I know he believed he was blacklisted for a while.

Not really big on PlayStation so not really into sacred symbols, I'm happy to see he's doing well. I'd love to see a future where Greg is kind of like Biff in Back to the Future 2 and he has to wash and wax Collins car.
I believe so, but I think he stopped trying months ago (there is no need to lick Sony's taint for his company to be relevant, unlike Greg).

That's true but when Colin started out he was at 39K if I remember correctly... so I assumed he would be making more now. Maybe I am wrong though...it's hard to know because he has a few tiers and I can't see a breakdown of the tiers...
When he talked about it on Joe Rogan, he said 40k a month. That was at least a year ago

FranXico

His content is excellent by the way, particularly if you are into PlayStation!
I'd recommend it very much.
I listen to that podcast for Colin. His partner there... I don't like so much. But it's a good show regardless.

Last edited:
Well I'll be damned. So there IS a market for non-woke games media content.... I would've never guessed that people just wanted to enjoy video games and entertainment, etc. without being constantly virtue signaled. Congratulations Colin!

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Good for him I guess. His influence is limited and most people barely knows he exists. I guess he has a lot of "downtrodden truth Teller" fans to keep him afloat. Nobody (outside of his fans) is asking for his opinion.
He has the largest game-related Patreon and podcast out there. I'd hardly call that limited. What don't you like about him?

I'm happy for him. As someone with complete opposite political views, I was never dissuaded to not listen to him because of that. I'd politely roll my eyes and keep on with the show because it was entertaining. I will always miss the Beyond days and the original crew of KindaF. I've tailed off more lately on the game podcasts but I'll make a note to try a few episodes of his out.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I'm glad he pivoted back to just doing gaming talk, his fantasyland libertarian political stuff was just nonsense, but he's a smart guy who knows his shit on games and I enjoy his takes.

supernova8

Banned

I only really liked him when he was on KGF battling with Greg. I cannot stand Greg and it was good to see him going off on rants. I think just him having his rants without anyone else involved is boring though. Besides, I have really no interest in his political views and prefer he just sticks to games exclusively.

The Fartist

Gold Member
I only really liked him when he was on KGF battling with Greg. I cannot stand Greg and it was good to see him going off on rants. I think just him having his rants without anyone else involved is boring though. Besides, I have really no interest in his political views and prefer he just sticks to games exclusively.
Sacred Symbols is pretty apolitical, politics only come up if absolutely necessary, wich is very rare.

The Fartist

Gold Member
Ah I see. Maybe I should check some of it out. Any recommendations for particularly good episodes?
I'd say start with the latest episode, they're so consistent those two, Collin and Chris. Otherwise you'd just be listening to rehashed stuff that you've probably already read on here.

avalonzero

Good for him. I haven't been keeping up with his newest endeavors but I couldn't stand KindaFunny as soon as he left. I totally have a nostalgic soft spot for Podcast Beyond so I may have to check him out again.

Top Bottom