• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Collection Of Mana available later today

Bullet Club

gmwfoI1.jpg

Q9N6djV.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I’ll grab this today. Been wanting something to play in portable mode while I recover from surgery to fix a torn bicep tendon. Been mostly playing Let’s Go Pikachu since I can do that one handed, but am able to use my left hand now.

I loved Final Fantasy Adventure as a kid and never played much of Secret of Mana and of course never played the third game.

Gallard

This was the most hyped reveal for me so far. Though I'm a bit confused by the annoucement. Is "Trials of Mana" different from "Collections of Mana"? What was that 3D-remake looking thing?

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Very cool. SD3 is a fantastic game. It’s a shame this never came out in the US back in the SNES days

blackjon24

absolutely love seiken densetsu 3, trials of mana name threw me off. But what is up with that remake it looks so much better than the crap they gave us with the remake of 1 and 2

FStubbs

This was the most hyped reveal for me so far. Though I'm a bit confused by the annoucement. Is "Trials of Mana" different from "Collections of Mana"? What was that 3D-remake looking thing?

Trials of Mana is the official localized name for SD3 and is part of the collection.

I was watching both the JP & US streams, with the JP footage running slightly ahead of the local version. When this hit, I was admittedly concerned either the whole collection or Seiken Densetsu 3 would be absent from the overseas market. Glad to see we'll be getting all three games..

Last edited:

Gallard

Trials of Mana is the official localized name for SD3 and is part of the collection.

You sure about that? Look's like they're 2 different things upon rewatching the reveal trailer. Trials of Mana is SD3 remade, coming 2020. Collection of Mana releases today and is set a set of the original (2D) games.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Possible silly question, did they fix it so you don't need to run at the edge of the screen anymore in secret of Mana?

shark sandwich

absolutely love seiken densetsu 3, trials of mana name threw me off. But what is up with that remake it looks so much better than the crap they gave us with the remake of 1 and 2
Yeah it looks 1000x better than those games. The SD1&2 remakes were made for mobile/Vita. Looks like they scrapped that engine for something else.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm all over this

Pejo

I want this so bad. I can't help but feel like it'll eventually come to Steam, but I suppose a little double dip never killed me. Let's do it.

KiteGr

Wasted opportunity not to include the "Sword of Mana remake" that came on GBA... The GB version didn't age well at all!

Also!... No PS4 version?
That's why the only true way to do retro gaming is with emulators...

Last edited:

zenspider

So SD3 is now Trials of Mana?

Buying this just for Trials of Mana.

That threw me off real bad hahaha

I was like "hoooly shit it's a Seiken Densetsu 3 remake!!!"
"Oh... Trials of Mana... is that some mobile game I ignored?"
"....Oh... they're calling Seiken Densetsu 3/Secret Of Mana 2
Trials Of Mana"
...i guess that game from before was a remake and not a mobile game. Huh.

Orenji Neko

You sure about that? Look's like they're 2 different things upon rewatching the reveal trailer. Trials of Mana is SD3 remade, coming 2020. Collection of Mana releases today and is set a set of the original (2D) games.

Trials of Mana appears to be the localized name for Seiken Densetsu 3 in both it's original and remade forms. At the very end of the trailer it refers to all the games by their original titles: Final Fantasy Adventure, Secret of Mana, and Trials of Mana.

I need to find a way to play all these damned games. I could just never work again, but then I can't buy the games. Maybe I'll stop sleeping... that won't cost me anything.

shark sandwich

Trials of Mana appears to be the localized name for Seiken Densetsu 3 in both it's original and remade forms. At the very end of the trailer it refers to all the games by their original titles: Final Fantasy Adventure, Secret of Mana, and Trials of Mana.
Yup. Just look at the last image in OP

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Bought and downloaded the collection. Will fire up FFA in a bit.

Belmonte

Awesome! Seems very high budget this time. I'm finishing Seiken Densetsu 2 Snes and was planning to continue with 3 and now I don't know which one to play next.

KiteGr

Only now noticed the price!

PASS!

Tossing a few ancient games I can emulated on my Phone for free, I wouldn't pay more than 15€.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
Holy crap the Remake looks preeeety!! Who would have imagined we'd get so many new trailers and info from Japanese games in this year's E3? Square Enix and Nintendo really kicked ass this time.Even better than the last few TGSs.

Last edited:

Griffon

This is so awesome. Seiken Densetsu 3 is one of my all time favorites. And we get the original AND a remake?! I'm speechless, this is beyond anything I could imagine.

This AND FF7R in 2020? It's like Square knew exactly what I wanted. Am I dead?!

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
This was one of the games I've wanted so bad that I've been tempted to import it from Japan. I already have SD3 on SNES and so the Switch collection wasn't all that attractive before. It would still be in Japanese, unreadable to me. Sooooo happy it is coming West.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Holy shit, I didn't realize it was today.

That's a fucking awesome surprise. Didn't M2 port this thing, as well? I remember being pretty frustrated when it came out in Japan and there was no US release in sight.

Only now noticed the price!

PASS!

Tossing a few ancient games I can emulated on my Phone for free, I wouldn't pay more than 15€.
SM3 has never been released in English before. This wasn’t a trivial thing to localize, and for people who have been around long enough to think “ancient games I can emulate in my iPhone for free” is the dumbest fucking thing anybody has ever said, SM3 represents kind of the holy grail of game localization.

BruceCM

Glad they're doing Trials of Mana remaster separately.... Since I got the other 2 on Vita, I was hoping not to have to buy the collection just for that 1 :)

Orenji Neko

Hmmm :pie_thinking:, I do have a lot of stuff I'm playing right now.... plus Bloodstained is already bought on Steam, and then Mario Maker 2 at the end of the month. I might actually wait on the cartridge.

Top Bottom