• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Offseason: We're Not a Football School Anyway

Glad to see Ole Miss shit the bed this NSD. Donors must've been on lockdown.

Freeze sounded surprised there was a lot of negative recruiting against them this season lol

Bama should be ok at CB. We picked up like 3 just last season, and I think 2 of em redshirted. Safety seems to be the real head scratcher, but we picked up two in this class.

andycapps

Freeze sounded surprised there was a lot of negative recruiting against them this season lol

Bama should be ok at CB. We picked up like 3 just last season, and I think 2 of em redshirted. Safety seems to be the real head scratcher, but we picked up two in this class.

And ol' Hugh will remember that negative recruiting, even though they don't do any of it.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Just saw that Clemson only signed 14 players.

That seems... light:

3 WDEs
3 OL
2 QBs
2 WRs
2 CBs
1 S
1 RB

No LBs. No TEs. No DTs. Odd.

That seems... light:

3 WDEs
3 OL
2 QBs
2 WRs
2 CBs
1 S
1 RB

Stanford signed a really small class, but on a per recruit basis apparently it was the 4th best class according to 247's composite. Clemson is actually just behind them in per recruit quality.

Stanford grabbed 3 OL including 2 5 star tackles, so there is that.

Interesting, the top ranked kid in their class is from where I grew up, his HS is in the school district I graduated from but didn't exist when I graduated. I'm not surprised to see that the guy who recruited him was Tavita Pritchard (who played HS football in a neighboring district). Pritchard was the QB for Jim Harbaugh's Stanford team that pulled off that huge upset of USC that started USC's downward spiral. Didn't know he worked for the Cardinal football staff.

Huh, 247 has a recruiters rankings for assistant coaches:

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CompositeCoachRankings I didn't know Tyrone Wheatley was coaching in college.

Quake1028

Top 35 Composite Classes

wXzzVD1.jpg

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Not sure if posted because yesterday was snag all the young kids you can day, but it's now officially official.

24/7 has gotten judicial approval and they basically own Scout now.

That seems... light:

3 WDEs
3 OL
2 QBs
2 WRs
2 CBs
1 S
1 RB

I talked about this on the podcast!

Crooked mre won't listen the the podcast and support his friends. Pathetic!

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
That Clemson class: 10th, 16th, 21st, 26th.

WTF.

Those are actually really high rankings for the number of commits they had. Quantity matters up to a certain point (20 commits on Rivals, not sure about other sites).

On Rivals right now they're ranked 22nd in total points but 4th in stars/commit.

bachikarn

Top 35 Composite Classes

wXzzVD1.jpg

I don't know where you got this, but it doesn't make sense to average them. The 247 ranking you are using is the 247 composite, which already does a sort of averaging. You should replace the 247 column with the actual 247 ranking, but even then, not sure why you would do that when the 247 composite already gives you what you are looking for.

We didn't see this in time but this would be a good question for spring practice time. We have a podcast title in mind for that already.

I was mostly being facetious, but I look forward to hearing it lol

Hoping I can put up the money for the season opener by the time the spring game happens.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Add the American Bar Association Arbitration National Championship to the OP baby WHAT WHAT

Law-Championship-2017-b-med.jpg

3rd title since 2012 AWW YEAH

jfkgoblue

Those are actually really high rankings for the number of commits they had. Quantity matters up to a certain point (20 commits on Rivals, not sure about other sites).

On Rivals right now they're ranked 22nd in total points but 4th in stars/commit.
They all only count 20

Quake1028

I don't know where you got this, but it doesn't make sense to average them. The 247 ranking you are using is the 247 composite, which already does a sort of averaging. You should replace the 247 column with the actual 247 ranking, but even then, not sure why you would do that when the 247 composite already gives you what you are looking for.

This is from USA Today. This is how they do it, I have nothing involved with it.

Jhriad

Forgot to subscribe to the Offseason thread.

Top 25 class for Nebraska with some quality kids. Might be a few positions they could've hit harder but I'm okay with it. Can we start spring practice yet?

andycapps

Booch is at it again.

“We’ve spoken about the competitive nature, and I think that’s really, really big in today’s world,” Jones said. Everyone gets into the whole two-star, three-star, four-star, five-star thing. The only five-star that we even concern ourselves with is a five-star heart.

“We want five-star hearts and five-star competitors.”

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Truth doesn't lie, and Baylor regents say Art Briles did

Briles dropped his libel lawsuit against school officials Wednesday, claiming he just wanted some peace in his life. Those officials — regents Cary Gray, Ron Murff and David Harper — have since offered documentation in response to another lawsuit filed by a former member of the football staff that, if accurate, proves Briles knew much more than he said he did about what was happening with the football team under his watch.

When one of his underage players was cited for illegal consumption of alcohol, Briles texted an assistant coach: "Hopefully he's under radar enough they won't recognize name... Just trying to keep him away from our judicial affairs folks..."

And Briles and McCaw allegedly discussed a gang rape that involved five football players. Rather than go through proper channels to report the incident, McCaw kept it in house and went to Briles and his staff.

"When he did, Coach Briles studied the names on the piece of paper. 'Those are some bad dudes,' Coach Briles told (an assistant) coach," the document states. " 'Why was she around those guys?' ''

andycapps

Well would you look at that, Markaviest Bryant had been a UGA lean for years, then Auburn comes out of nowhere and gets him. And his highschool coach is said by Rivals to be getting a job there, though he is denying it.

Shelton Felton, the head coach at Crisp County (Ga.) High School, will soon become a defensive analyst on Gus Malzahn’s staft, according to Jay G. Tate, the Rivals.com publisher of the Auburn site, auburnsports.com.

Felton coached Markaviest Bryant, a 4-star defensive end who chose Auburn over Alabama and LSU. Felton has reportedly denied the move, though.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
From just a cursory glance, there appears to have been alot of massacre's at Bowling Green.

Someone should do something about that.

kyle-flood-225x300.jpg

Top Bottom