• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Week 3 |OT| Confused as a Yankee Learning to Square Dance

andycapps

I really am starting to wonder if he has some kind of Intellectual disability.
He can't admit he did something wrong or stupid. He doubles down on talking about Champions of Life because everyone has slogans. Or doubles down on the trash can because everyone has motivational strategies. I mean yeah, they do, but they're not as dumb as a trash can.

I think his coach speak is the problem. Most coaches know to turn it off when talking to the media or at least have those real moments occasionally where they say what they're really thinking. He doesn't.

RR30

Huge game for Kentucky this week. If they can beat South Carolina for the 4th straight year on the road they would have a ton of momentum heading into the Florida game.

jjasper

He can't admit he did something wrong or stupid. He doubles down on talking about Champions of Life because everyone has slogans. Or doubles down on the trash can because everyone has motivational strategies. I mean yeah, they do, but they're not as dumb as a trash can.

That is clearly his biggest problem and the root of most of his problems. It's almost as if once he makes a mistake and is called out for it he defends it and then goes out of his way to continue to do it/defend it. So instead of learning from it he does the exact opposite.

And yeah the coaches speak 100% all day every day means I can't even listen to him anymore. I have 0 interest in anything he has to say.

Kevtones

Big game against Fresno State this week after they pushed Alabama to the brink on Saturday

Tedford and Petersen coached together for 3 years at Oregon. Might be interesting for that reason.

They didn't 'push' Bama last week but they showed pretty damn well for a team filled with 0-star receuirs coming off a 1-11 season.

cdyhybrid

Tedford and Petersen coached together for 3 years at Oregon. Might be interesting for that reason.

They didn't 'push' Bama last week but they showed pretty damn well for a team filled with 0-star receuirs coming off a 1-11 season.
He was a consultant last year here. One of our GAs from last year is down there too. Probably going to have to change up signals and stuff.

cdyhybrid

mCyeeQC.jpg

I said before the season started my one conference champion that I thought was an absolute lock was USC. That actually seems legit now.

Wish I'd stuck with my gut on Pedo State over anOSU.

I mean.. they are locks since I can't see any team in the ACC beating them if Lamar can't do it

I know they haven't played since we beat them, but Florida State is literally right there.

Their defense is better than Auburn's. They'll contain Clemson's offense enough. Only question is what Blackman will do with the offense, but I like that he and Jimbo will have had like three whole weeks of him getting starting reps to work with before they play anyone else.

In any case, it'll likely be a defensive struggle.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I said before the season started my one conference champion that I thought was an absolute lock was USC. That actually seems legit now.

Wish I'd stuck with my gut on Pedo State over anOSU.

Oklahoma kind of ruined my B1G pick. I had PSU winning the conference, but with OSUn going to the playoffs (again, without winning their conference) because "ha ha, PSU."

Now, I could either be right about PSU winning the conference, or OSUn going to the playoffs, but OSUn has to win the B1G and go undefeated the rest of the way, to make the playoff.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
DJisMMlVYAAEkkn.jpg

The Five Dollar Broken Bits of Chair Trophy has made it's glorious return. And much like Nebraska's program, it has been purged of Bo Pelini.

Word is Nebraska "lost" the previous one (*cough* it had Bo's picture on it *cough*).

Minnesota appears to be supporting this, as are a Minnesota charity and Team Jack, a charity in Nebraska that has been closely tied to the team (thru Bo originally, lol).

Apparently when Reddit was rebuilding it, they were trying all the honor societies at Neb and no one would take it because the AD doesn't like it.

Lonestar

DJisMMlVYAAEkkn.jpg

The Five Dollar Broken Bits of Chair Trophy has made it's glorious return. And much like Nebraska's program, it has been purged of Bo Pelini.

Word is Nebraska "lost" the previous one (*cough* it had Bo's picture on it *cough*).

Minnesota appears to be supporting this, as are a Minnesota charity and Team Jack, a charity in Nebraska that has been closely tied to the team (thru Bo originally, lol).

Apparently when Reddit was rebuilding it, they were trying all the honor societies at Neb and no one would take it because the AD doesn't like it.

yeah, had just tweeted you about the lost Bo picture. It was the most charming part of the whole trophy. Really made it stand out, alongside the Hope Chest Land Grant Box Trophy.

To have it be gone, it's a damn shame.

DJisMMlVYAAEkkn.jpg

Reddit is creating and renewing Big 10 rivalries now? Are they that desperate to make every single uninteresting game a rivalry? Have some damn respect, B1G, and put your foot down by limiting your annual rivalries to no more than 2 per team per year.

Oklahoma kind of ruined my B1G pick. I had PSU winning the conference, but with OSUn going to the playoffs (again, without winning their conference) because "ha ha, PSU."

Now, I could either be right about PSU winning the conference, or OSUn going to the playoffs, but OSUn has to win the B1G and go undefeated the rest of the way, to make the playoff.

I was never really convinced their offense would get off the ground. It wasn't until week 1 ended that I was sure they were gonna lose to Oklahoma and Penn State (lol at Indiana being the best passing team on their schedule). I think they're done as far as playoffs go, honestly. They win out, they make it, obviously, but I don't think they win out.

(Still think they beat Michigan though lol)

Lonestar

Land Grant Trophy for Lifffffffe.

Somewhere, buried underneath the bowling statue and the old style telephone, lies the recipe for eternal life and quality BBQ sauce.

No ACC team even plays Clemons, though.
I'm missing the joke Randy

I know they haven't played since we beat them, but Florida State is literally right there.

Their defense is better than Auburn's. They'll contain Clemson's offense enough. Only question is what Blackman will do with the offense, but I like that he and Jimbo will have had like three whole weeks of him getting starting reps to work with before they play anyone else.

In any case, it'll likely be a defensive struggle.
If it's defensive struggle, Clemson wins since they will kill their QB and slow down Akers with their top 3 dline in the country.

I'm missing the joke Randy

Hold on, let me double check

If Clemons beats Louisville, after beating Auburn ladt week, they deserve to be playoff contenders.

If Clemons beats Louisville, after beating Auburn ladt week

If Clemons beats Louisville

ladt

It's in there somewhere.

MajorMane

DJisMMlVYAAEkkn.jpg

As a Nebraska fan, all the other trophy games suck compared to this one. This trophy grew organically and wasn't so forced, honestly, so I feel like that's why people like it more.

As a recent grad with experience with the athletic department through band, I can assure you the reason it disappeared is because of the AD. He and the higher ups make tone deaf decisions through and through including: this trophy, forcing Fox to pull the recent Children of the Corn-esque football ad, ousting of the only women's basketball coach to do great things in the entire history of the university, etc.

When I saw the Reddit post of the person trying to get on contact with organizations, I was happy. Hopefully they have some luck. Would love to see this trophy return and stick around.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
As a Nebraska fan, all the other trophy games suck compared to this one. This trophy grew organically and wasn't so forced, honestly, so I feel like that's why people like it more.

As a recent grad with experience with the athletic department through band, I can assure you the reason it disappeared is because of the AD. He and the higher ups make tone deaf decisions through and through including: this trophy, forcing Fox to pull the recent Children of the Corn-esque football ad, ousting of the only women's basketball coach to do great things in the entire history of the university, etc.

When I saw the Reddit post of the person trying to get on contact with organizations, I was happy. Hopefully they have some luck. Would love to see this trophy return and stick around.

well Connie kinda had to go due to liability concerns.

I think the Fox ad was a little bit of an overreaction, but I understand where it's coming from, just like I understand where they are coming from on this trophy.

I like Eichorst overall, he bet big on Riley, who I think is a solid guy to bet on. It's a bold and different decision than going with an up-and-comer. Recruiting and culture wise it seems to have paid off. Results on the field this year are TBD

If it's defensive struggle, Clemson wins since they will kill their QB and slow down Akers with their top 3 dline in the country.

You...do realize FSU also has a top 3-4 DL in the country...right?

On top of that, FSU has the better secondary and linebackers. Like, it isn't even close, really. If Blackman is merely serviceable, they have a really good chance to win that game.

Top Bottom