• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Week 3 |OT| Confused as a Yankee Learning to Square Dance

Oozer3993

I am so confused. Why is there a week 3? Why is anyone playing after the sport reached its zenith? After 3rd and 93rd, anyone else playing college football can only besmirch the sport. Nobody will ever come close to the perfection that is an 87-yard loss again.

Minnys helmet this saturday

DJkN2zQVAAEd3pX.jpg

Jhriad

DJisMMlVYAAEkkn.jpg

The Five Dollar Broken Bits of Chair Trophy has made it's glorious return. And much like Nebraska's program, it has been purged of Bo Pelini.

Word is Nebraska "lost" the previous one (*cough* it had Bo's picture on it *cough*).

Minnesota appears to be supporting this, as are a Minnesota charity and Team Jack, a charity in Nebraska that has been closely tied to the team (thru Bo originally, lol).

Apparently when Reddit was rebuilding it, they were trying all the honor societies at Neb and no one would take it because the AD doesn't like it.

Best trophy in college football. Glorious.

Limedust

Too bad none of the B1G rivalries compare to the Civil conFLiCT!

... seriously, has anyone even seen the trophy since UCF ignored and left it on the field last year after winning?

andycapps

You...do realize FSU also has a top 3-4 DL in the country...right?

On top of that, FSU has the better secondary and linebackers. Like, it isn't even close, really. If Blackman is merely serviceable, they have a really good chance to win that game.

You're right. Clemson should not even show up because FSU is the LOCK OF THE WEEK!

DJkN2zQVAAEd3pX.jpg

Lol

Thought this story about Baker Mayfield was pretty funny

Behind the Oklahoma bench, there were a group of Buckeye fans that were beyond over-served. I mean these dudes were lubed up. And right at halftime, right as Baker Mayfield’s getting treatment on his lower back, he comes out and these guys are just wearing him out. He finally — right before their first possession when Ohio State goes up 10-3 to start the second half and you’re going “uh-oh” — turns around and goes, “Get ready, I’m about to hand six on you bleeping bleepers”. He leads them right down the field, the score’s tied at 10. He goes straight to the bench, stands up on the bench, and just lets the Buckeye fans behind him that were giving it to Baker... he turns at them and says, “You like that one? I’ve got three or four more of those coming up. Get ready”. - Ian Fitzsimmons on Freddie & Fitz

2020 schedule said:
vs. Michigan, Oct. 10
vs. Ohio State, Oct. 17

2021 schedule said:
at Michigan, Oct. 16
vs. Penn State, Oct. 23
at Ohio State, Oct. 30

Man, the Big Ten really hates Michigan State. Seriously who the fuck makes these schedules. The Spartans close with Maryland and
Rutgers
four out of the next five years. That's just aggressively lazy.

DJkN2zQVAAEd3pX.jpg

It screams "Golly, you wouldn't hurt little ol' me would you?"

andycapps

What's wrong with Ohio State's offense, according to opposing coaches.

In the regulation periods of Ohio State’s past three games against marquee opponents – Michigan, Clemson and Oklahoma – the Buckeyes have what can be considered 34 full offensive possessions. Over that time, Ohio State can claim just one sustained touchdown drive – a seven-play, 44-yard drive against Oklahoma on Saturday night. The Buckeyes have punted 17 times, committed eight turnovers (counting downs) and kicked eight field goals (four makes and four misses).

From talking to people who’ve faced the Buckeyes recently or spent time preparing for them this offseason, they point to a lack of innovation and evolution as the biggest reason why Meyer’s offense is stuck in a rut against high-end competition. Once the paragon of offensive ingenuity, opponents see Ohio State as a step behind.

“There’s not a lot of creativity,” said the coach. “He’s doing a lot of the same things he did at Utah. We thought it would be different [with Kevin Wilson], but it hasn’t been.”

Lunar15

Interestingly, Meyer's offensive output declined steadily at UF. Even during Tebow's final year we were disgustingly simple with our offense and struggled to reach the endzone. I'd even say the problem started as early as our 2008 championship season (the Old Miss game looks like you could have ripped it from any of the previous 6 years of UF football). The difference was that we had some amazingly talented recruits that made nothing into something on key plays.

Maybe Meyer's just cursed.

ROLL TIDE YA'LL!

[IMGhttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-gUhOvBNMpCY/WbktpiD1uVI/AAAAAAAACxI/0j8J4FzZFTs1T9mrQzJ_FGKSX8e8DScGQCL0BGAYYCw/h1334/2aabeaaa-cdd5-498d-8285-9eb48dd16e4f[/IMG]

Edit the OT title immediately to:

"Confused as a Yankee Learning to Square Dance"

I don't know. I think people are overreacting to an extent. Clemson and Michigan were stupid-good defenses last year. Oklahoma may well have turned the corner defensively this year- time will tell. The real issue is Barrett. When your QB isn't consistently accurate in the passing game, good defenses are going to make you look pretty "uncreative" on offense. Their offensive line isn't exactly a team strength, either.

I think OSU's O-line is fine, and will get better as the season progresses. They have 2 problems that seem to always happen when they are in a close game. 1, they rely far too much on J.T. running the ball. I mean Dobby and Weber had less carries combined than J.T. had against OU....dumb. Same shit has happened basically every loss, except Clemson we just got our shit pushed in on that one. 2. Our WR's never get open. It's like they just run straight lines, and never try to get separation, and it's damn infuriating. I guess a 3rd thing is J.T. just isn't accurate, but he really never has been. Secondary is not great right now either, but I think they will also improve as the season goes on.

I would just urge OSU fans to walk back from the ledge. You've lost 7 games in the last 6 years. Take a deep breath. You're going to be alright.

Ohio State has problems, but geez, some of these reactions.

ROLL TIDE YA'LL!

2aabeaaa-cdd5-498d-8285-9eb48dd16e4f

I once read a comment from a Bama fan that thought Jalen's perpetually "I'm so whelmed" aura is a result of him being mentally slow, which is proof he's in over his head at QB.

At the end of the day, these people do live in Alabama. *sigh*

You're right. Clemson should not even show up because FSU is the LOCK OF THE WEEK!

Odd jump to make lol (BOOK IT THO)

KodaRuss

We're going to lose by 30 to USC, and our defense will look confused in the process. Darnold is going to have a field day with our clueless corners and safeties.

We'll see, I just want to be competitive, these road loses are starting to look beyond ridiculous. Losing by 30+ is definitely possible.

If Herman is the coach we think/thought he is that won't happen but who knows, 3 years from now we might be looking for the next coach. Ugh

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
maybe by asking for questions now, 9-10 hours before recording, we'll get some.

Any questions for the podcast?

Also see that our newest Vol fan, LionPride, is banned.

Since neither Iowa nor Iowa State is going to risk scheduling another P5 team other than each other, should they keep the rivalry or drop it to schedule an out of state P5 closer to their level to help recruiting?

cdyhybrid

How is Alabama handling the transition to living in another country for their backup QB?

ryseing

Hey guys, grow a set and understand that this was probably a fraudulent letter written by someone not affiliated with Texas A&M nor a fan of Texas A&M. You don't need to state the obvious, it shows a defensive posture that is unbecoming. You don't need to pander to race hustlers.

Bros, this letter was sent from a sip or a BLM supporter. Now the white people chime in with all their guilt and self professed love for humanity...

Mmmk. Sure.

Cyan

Banned
Breaking news, I've just heard that in response to the NCAA's investigation into adfklajssomethingsomething, Cal is punishing itself by voluntarily vacating all its losses.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Looks like Rockytop won't be in this thread unless jjasper comes back. The mods sent Lionpride on vacation, hopefully not permanent

I'll continue to pop in from time to time, I just haven't participated as much this season because I was working two out of the last three Saturdays. Speaking of, I also work this Saturday which is a huge bummer.

Win or lose, Gata week is the pinnacle of the Tennessee season. Hate to miss it live.

I'll continue to pop in from time to time, I just haven't participated as much this season because I was working two out of the last three Saturdays. Speaking of, I also work this Saturday which is a huge bummer.

Win or lose, Gata week is the pinnacle of the Tennessee season. Hate to miss it live.

So Tennessee's top rival is Florida
Alabamas top rival is Tennessee
Florida's top rival is Georgia?

Top Bottom