• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Week 6 |OT| It Just Means More (TM)

ryseing

Screen_Shot_2016_12_07_at_11.57.34_AM.0.png
Here in the SEC, America's premier college football conference, everything just means... more.

Getting shut out by one of your rivals at home and ensuring your coach's demise just means more.

Paying a Sun Belt team $1 million to beat you on homecoming just means more.

Letting a team that scored 24 points on Mercer put up 49 on your school just means more.

AP Poll said:
1) Alabama
2) Clemson
3) Oklahoma
4) {Redacted}
5) Georgia
6) Washington
7) Michigan
8) TCU
9) Wisconsin
10) Ohio State
11) Washington State
12) Auburn
13) Miami
14) USC
15) Oklahoma State
16) Virginia Tech
17) Louisville
18) South Florida
19) San Diego State
20) Utah
21) Florida/Notre Dame
23) West Virginia
24) NC State
25) UCF

Week 6 Notable Games (All times in EST and all rankings AP)

Thursday, October 5

#17 Louisville @ #24 NC State, 8 PM

Saturday, October 7

#23 West Virginia @ #8 TCU, 3:30 PM
#13 Miami @ Florida State, 3:30 PM
Michigan State @ #7 Michigan, 7:30 PM
#11 Wazzu @ Oregon, 8 PM

#PAC12AFTERDARK

Stanford @ #20 Utah, 10:15 PM
Cal @ #6 Washington, 10:45 PM

Pick'em Stuff:

Pick 'em stuff

Link to last week's results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/120lEuZ9_6zgcvdolgZ3E1n4Y0ZkztA2akWrrvkLVvR0/edit?usp=sharing

Link to current standings(The score column is the one to care about):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14oB6wMtBN3TgAWnUzysoWqpmSlLGVY5XhU5MAluLv-U/edit?usp=sharing

This week's games:
DUKE@UVA
MIAMI@FSU
WVU@TCU - bonus points for total score
KSU@TEX
MSU@MICH
MINN@PUR
WSU@ORE
STAN@UTAH
LSU@FLA
ARK@SCAR
BALL@AKR
SDSU@UNLV

Link to form: https://goo.gl/forms/WrCJZcW0UHiZUbZ32

CFB-GAF's very own podcast- The Decided Schematic Advantage

Subscribe here in iTunes or search for The Decided Schematic Advantage in your podcast app of choice. Send questions and comments to podcast@the-cog.com.

andycapps

Continuing from previous thread:

Florida will welcome Jacob Eason with open arms.

I know you're kidding but if he did transfer, I'm sure he'd be blocked from transferring to any conference schools or programs on the schedule the next few years.

El_Chino

Continuing from previous thread:

I know you're kidding but if he did transfer, I'm sure he'd be blocked from transferring to any conference schools or programs on the schedule the next few years.
I was about to say the same unless he did UGA-CC-UF

IF he does transfer, he's going to Washington in my opinion.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm assuming she's a country singer?

She's an actress. Know she's been in some things, but the most I remember her, is as the "big bad" of Agent Carter's 2nd season on ABC/Marvel. She went to Auburn and that's her SECSECSEC connection

andycapps

ND is where his dad went and where was probably second place, but we play them again at home in 2019 so I think they would be blocked. He could find a spot, regardless.

Gig'em, Aggies! BTHO... lol I can't.

Alabama is so far and away the best team in the SEC, and probably in the country, that I don't think any team losing to Alabama would get that coach fired. However, should a team with a coach on the hotseat upset Alabama, it could take that coach off the hotseat for at least another year.

Screen_Shot_2016_12_08_at_12.21.42_PM.png

That's not a member of Alabama's gymnastics team. That's Vanessa, an ordinary sophomore majoring in anthropology, up at 4:30 in the morning not because she wants to but because Nick Saban requires every student on campus to be part of the strength and conditioning program. You may be listed as the 1,857th free safety on the depth chart, Vanessa. But you're on the damn depth chart.

Meh, would have kept reading if the article was non-fiction, but stopped reading here. EDSBS is not the onion

cdyhybrid

I'd be shocked if he came here. We have two big time QB recruits committed for next year's class and Jake is probably coming back next year.

QB management is so weird. I'm curious to see what Tua does if Jalen continues to improve and doesn't let go of the starting job next year, and potentially a 4th year. The Tagovailoa's moved to Alabama and his little brother is playing there. Would he bounce or just stick it out?

Almost hoping they redshirt him next year and let Mac handle mop up duty. It'd be like 2009, when AJ was the true "break in case of emergency" backup but was able to redshirt because we never needed him.

QB management is so weird. I'm curious to see what Tua does if Jalen continues to improve and doesn't let go of the starting job next year, and potentially a 4th year. The Tagovailoa's moved to Alabama and his little brother is playing there. Would he bounce or just stick it out?

Almost hoping they redshirt him next year and let Mac handle mop up duty. It'd be like 2009, when AJ was the true "break in case of emergency" backup but was able to redshirt because we never needed him.

Hopefully he'll be able to grasp the complex English language by year 4, really worry about that dude

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently all over twitter that there is a big group of Baylor players leaving the team. Up to 7 or 8 players, including a few in their 2-deep, though some are gone now and others are supposedly waiting until the end of the season.

Apparently all over twitter that there is a big group of Baylor players leaving the team. Up to 7 or 8 players, including a few in their 2-deep, though some are gone now and others are supposedly waiting until the end of the season.

I can't applaud those guys. Baylor players and recruits 2 years ago like Stidham left Baylor because they didn't want to be associated with a program that promoted and covered up rape culture. This group of guys rumored to be leaving now just want to leave because their team sucks

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I can't applaud those guys. Baylor players and recruits 2 years ago like Stidham left Baylor because they didn't want to be associated with a program that promoted and covered up rape culture. This group of guys rumored to be leaving now just want to leave because their team sucks

I think that's a bit of a rosy view of why so many of those guys left. The Briles cult of personality being gone had far more to do with it than any bad feelings about the coverup IMO. Stidham was a Briles guy through and through.

With the way that coaching staff protested the university administration and 100% ignored recruiting in their lame duck season, I have no doubt in my mind at all that they went to at least some of the 2016 recruiting class and told them to go elsewhere. "You don't want to play for this university that is just screwing over the best coach they ever had" type of thing.

Off topic but any PS4/Xbox One peeps here? Would be cool to play with CFB-GAF.

PS4. XIIIHeartless (Sony, pls, let me change my name)

Anyone feel free to add me. I don't play many multiplayer games (only really Destiny 2 at the moment), but still. I'll add folks from here later.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Vanillalite on everything be it social media or gaming on PC, consoles, and handhelds.

Currently playing Switch Nindies and Destiny 2 on PS4 if anyone cares. Oh and I always play Hearthstone.

Top Bottom