• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Week 6 |OT| It Just Means More (TM)

if FSU beats Miami, back in the polls we go. NC State is a quality loss in this reality

How the mighty have fallen.

Louisville isn't good. The team that lost to South Carolina isn't anything special either.

EDIT: Look at those Louisville surrender cobras lmaaaoooooooo

Lkr

How the mighty have fallen.

Louisville isn't good. The team that lost to South Carolina isn't anything special either.

EDIT: Look at those Louisville surrender cobras lmaaaoooooooo

LOOOOOOOOOOL

and we will take what we can get. to think this team was unbeatable just 4 years ago. bring back pruitt

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Louisville sucks.

Thanks for coming out, Lamar.

The TD pass Jalen threw to Jacobs last week was a wheel route. And yeah, I noticed for the first time against Ole Miss that he was (still clapping) attempting to get the defense to reveal who was blitzing pre-snap. He was successful a few times and made the correct reads afterwards.

I think Jalen's grown a lot more than people realize. The media is clinging to the FSU game where we called a conservative game, and he still managed to play pretty well. He'd be throwing for 300 yards a game and rushing for another 120+ in the games since then if he wasn't getting pulled routinely with like 12 minutes left in the 3rd. His release is quicker, he's not really crow-hopping anymore, he's looking safeties off (sometimes), and delivering strikes in tight windows. Funnily enough, the area he most needs to improve on is the one he seemed to have down already; timing on the deep ball. And even then, he's only just barely overthrowing our guys.

We've never had an offense this dangerous under Saban. We've either been extremely conservative, "manage the game" types, or "feast or famine" under Kiffin.

I'm not sure I'd call that Jacobs TD a wheel route, more of a "Oh Shit" screen, where everyone motions to a side, and then they sneak a guy to the opposite side. Example from 2009
Jacobs play. But yeah, it's mostly a wheel route, but with a pause in the mesh along with the bootleg to the opposite side of the field. A nicely designed play.

tebunker

Banned
so was last night a precursor to weekend chaos/fuckball?

Or was last night just proving how any rankings before like week 8/9 are worthless?

I think we are a bit overdue for some real chaos/fuckball/bs.

The only oher game I can really really see being a mess this weekend is U/Fsu.

Rvaan

Banned

Or was last night just proving how any rankings before like week 8/9 are worthless?

Georiga @ Vandy could be a mess. WVU @ TCU will be a mess. Boise @ BYU will be a spectacular mess.

andycapps

Georiga @ Vandy could be a mess. WVU @ TCU will be a mess. Boise @ BYU will be a spectacular mess.
I think you're confused about the word "mess." LSU at Florida will be a mess. That game is assy as hell. There's a reason we gave it Turd of the Week.

Who in their right mind thought Louisville wasn't at least a 3 loss team this year?

Who in their right mind thinks Vandy is challenging Georgia?

El_Chino

I think you're confused about the word "mess." LSU at Florida will be a mess. That game is assy as hell. There's a reason we gave it Turd of the Week.
It's a great honor to play in two turds of the week this year.

UGA fans real cocky this year, especially when UGA hasn't really played anyone.

Rvaan

Banned
Who in their right mind thinks Vandy is challenging Georgia?

Georgia has spent the last week hearing everyone is hyping Georgia up as the only team in the SEC that can hang with Bama for more than a quarter. There aren't words to adequately describe what they did to Tennessee. Georgia is due for an ugly let down. Not saying Vandy puts up a challenge, I'm saying Georgia could fuck around and let Vandy hang with for far too long.

Karl2177

Ding ding ding.

Although this weekend could prove to be the ultimate crazy weekend if A&M, Wake Forest, Iowa State, Northwestern, or Vandy won despite all those teams being double digit underdogs.

Not sure that playing no one matters much when you're beating everyone by 30+, which is what you're supposed to do when you're "playing no one". That criticism only really works if you're Michigan or Florida and you're just skating by.

Also, Notre Dame is at least decent.

andycapps

I'm not the only one voting for these, hell I'm pretty fair to Florida if you listen to the podcast.

Did I bring up UGA in what I said before? LSU is a steaming pile of shit right now and Florida is pretty messy too. Franks has been in and out of games because McElwain can't figure out what he wants to do and now he's back in because Del Rio is injured.

Coach O didn't even know what play they were calling for the first play last week. And he told Canada to simplify the motions in his system (which is kind of the main point of Canada's system) and that he was giving back complete control to him.

That's an assy situation.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I'll probably be without internet for most of the weekend. I know you're all heartbroken to be deprived of my commentary on our game against Kansas.

El_Chino

Not sure that playing no one matters much when you're beating everyone by 30+, which is what you're supposed to do when you're "playing no one". That criticism only really works if you're Michigan or Florida and you're just skating by.

Also, Notre Dame is at least decent.
Yeah, it does. That's how you measure how much of a decent team you are.
I'm not the only one voting for these, hell I'm pretty fair to Florida if you listen to the podcast.

Did I bring up UGA in what I said before? LSU is a steaming pile of shit right now and Florida is pretty messy too. Franks has been in and out of games because McElwain can't figure out what he wants to do and now he's back in because Del Rio is injured.

Coach O didn't even know what play they were calling for the first play last week. And he told Canada to simplify the motions in his system (which is kind of the main point of Canada's system) and that he was giving back complete control to him.

That's an assy situation.
Messy? sure but at least we finally have an offense going. I was also referring to you not being worried about Vandy at all.

Yeah, it does. That's how you measure how much of a decent team you are.

Messy? sure but at least we finally have an offense going. I was also referring to you not being worried about Vandy at all.

Didn't say it didn't matter. Just said it didn't matter much when you were blanking everyone that wasn't much of anything, because that's what you're supposed to do against those teams. And, again, UGA beat Notre Dame on the road in a game where their QB was a true frosh getting his first start. Notre Dame is pretty good. Not elite or nothing, but decent. No one's crowning UGA as elite, but they're pretty solidly a top 5 team at this moment. The narrative that nothing they've done so far matters at all because they haven't played Alabama or whatever is stupid.

andycapps

Vandy really shouldn't compete. There's always a chance in the "so you're saying there's a chance" but I don't expect it to be much of a game. Their strengths and weaknesses don't line up well. They're not good at stopping the run. They're not good at running. They're not really great at passing either.

Fields going to UGA, just announced.

Vandy really shouldn't compete. There's always a chance in the "so you're saying there's a chance" but I don't expect it to be much of a game. Their strengths and weaknesses don't line up well. They're not good at stopping the run. They're not good at running. They're not really great at passing either.

Alabama v. Georgia for the next 3 years in ATL confirmed.

Hell yeah, Fields to UGA. I love that we’re building some offensive depth. I just hope Cheney can find something better to do with him than hand it off to our RB’s and then pass on 3rd down.

Vandy isn’t gonna be an issue. Georgia’s next test is Florida, and that’s mostly just because anything goes in Jacksonville.

andycapps

Hell yeah, Fields to UGA. I love that we’re building some offensive depth. I just hope Cheney can find something better to do with him than hand it off to our RB’s and then pass on 3rd down.

Vandy isn’t gonna be an issue. Georgia’s next test is Florida, and that’s mostly just because anything goes in Jacksonville.
Got an updated gif from Twitter that I have to share.

KKqDRqX.gif

andycapps

Fields vs Corral in Jacksonville for the next few years.

That's gonna be tight.
Hell yeah. Corral is a great QB.

Fields runs a 4.51 40 so he's definitely dual threat but he has a great arm. I expect UGA to use him much the same way Clemson used Deshaun. I don't think they're going to suddenly turn into an option team, but his scrambling ability will open that up sometimes and I think you'll instances of him buying time or picking up first downs when there are no more options.

El_Chino

I really thought he was going to FSU.

Just for pure playing time, UGA doesn't really make sense and just adds to the fact that Eason is going to transfer to somewhere.

Fields vs Corral in Jacksonville for the next few years.

That's gonna be tight.

That's going to be a lot of fun actually.

Sidenote: Does giphy no longer work on Gaf?

Hell yeah. Corral is a great QB.

Fields runs a 4.51 40 so he's definitely dual threat but he has a great arm. I expect UGA to use him much the same way Clemson used Deshaun. I don't think they're going to suddenly turn into an option team, but his scrambling ability will open that up sometimes and I think you'll instances of him buying time or picking up first downs when there are no more options.

I mean, that's always the idea. But can't deny the younger dual threat guys tend to rely on their legs more than they should in the early stages.

I'm so conflicted on UGA apparently building something great. I really do like watching them succeed so long as they're not playing us lol

I really thought he was going to FSU.

Just for pure playing time, UGA doesn't really make sense and just adds to the fact that Eason is going to transfer to somewhere.
I was trying to hold out, but yeah with Fields’ commit I think Eason’s gonna leave, unless he becomes the starter again.

I trust Kirby’s judgement. I know he goes with whoever has the better practice. I’m just scared of Eason going somewhere and developing into a real threat. But also I think we’ll get a better idea of who’ll start for the rest of the season tomorrow when we see Eason play a little more.

andycapps

I mean, that's always the idea. But can't deny the younger dual threat guys tend to rely on their legs more than they should in the early stages.

I'm so conflicted on UGA apparently building something great. I really do like watching them succeed so long as they're not playing us lol

Yeah definitely. Until they know the playbook they're going to run the ball more than they should.

I was trying to hold out, but yeah with Fields’ commit I think Eason’s gonna leave, unless he becomes the starter again.

I trust Kirby’s judgement. I know he goes with whoever has the better practice. I’m just scared of Eason going somewhere and developing into a real threat. But also I think we’ll get a better idea of who’ll start for the rest of the season tomorrow when we see Eason play a little more.

It is what it is. It'll be hard to keep them all happy but Fields has said he doesn't mind taking a redshirt wherever he goes. But he's too good to keep off the field next year. I think they'll bring him in situationally because it's something else for a defense to prepare for, but it wouldn't shock me if he ultimately ends up winning the job.

He's a better passer than Fromm, not quite as good as Eason, but he's more accurate than Eason and he can run. Gonna be hard to keep him off the field.

Eason either wins the job or dips. And honestly, if Fields comes in and wins the job, Fromm is dipping too lol.

Wouldn't worry about where they end up either way. You only need one elite QB at a time. And wherever they go, it'll be somewhere they won't face UGA unless it's in a potential post-season scenario.

andycapps

Eason either wins the job or dips. And honestly, if Fields comes in and wins the job, Fromm is dipping too lol.

Wouldn't worry about where they end up either way. You only need one elite QB at a time. And wherever they go, it'll be somewhere they won't face UGA unless it's in a potential post-season scenario.
Fromm won't leave. It's his dream school and he's a home state guy. Eason doesn't have those same loyalties. Still, if someone leaves then having 2 scholarship QBs is never great. If not for depth, just the sheer amount of passing that has to take place in practices can wear their arms out.

I wouldn't be shocked if they go after a transfer QB if Eason leaves.

Top Bottom