College students hate Trump's immigration quotes.... that are actually from Schumer, Obama and H. Clinton

Mar 12, 2014
I think it was the man show that did one of these kind of interview segments, where they asked the college kids if they were against women's suffrage. The results were as expected. 50 thousand a year being paid for an education, with the students being firmly opposed to women's suffrage.

Mar 6, 2018
"Trump addressed the nation on national television last night. A lot of things were said, and I'd like to get your opinion on some quotes."

Why can't these videos ever setup things like this? That way, you're setting up the same thing, but you're not directly lying to people. They would also seem more foolish for immediately jumping to the assumption that Trump said those things.

But yeah, this always works, and it's always fun to see.

A few dummies in any group don’t represent everyone else
No, they don't, but I also think more than "a few dummies" would fall for this, and it doesn't matter their political affiliation. Give Obama quotes to Trump fans, and they'd do the same thing. This is what ideology does to people. This is what it does to most people. I believe this is the rule, rather than the exception.

The best examples of these videos I've ever seen straight up take policies held by politicians and assign them to their opponent, despite the fact they've been strongly opposed to those policies for the entire campaign. Those people I would hope are exceptions rather than rules, but I'm really not sure. I am sure it still comes down to uneducated political blindness rather than just "stupid conservatives" or "dumb liberals," though.

Last edited:

eot

Apr 13, 2012
These videos show that you can trick people, and get them to say what you want. It doesn't show that people disagree with Obama's actual policies as Trump's. It's pretty clear that these people aren't really responding to the content of the quote, they dislike Trump, they read more into the quote than what's there and they think they're expected to say something bad about them.

Sure, some people probably think saying "illegal immigration is bad" is offensive but those people are crazy

Last edited:

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Kids are fucking idiots (yes, college students count as kids), but that's ok. They're allowed to be idiots because they have not experienced the world yet. It only becomes an issue when we start giving any weight to their opinions.

Nov 5, 2016
I don't care where (just far)
No, they don't, but I also think more than "a few dummies" would fall for this, and it doesn't matter their political affiliation. Give Obama quotes to Trump fans, and they'd do the same thing. This is what ideology does to people. This is what it does to most people. I believe this is the rule, rather than the exception.
I legit posted an example of someone doing it to the other side in the very post you replied to.

Not sure how we are at odds here

Jan 12, 2009
The context is that the quotes support the wall, and they're talking about the quotes in the context of everything that Trump has said.

So basically this is misleading, and the quotes aren't thought about in a vacuum, but as an extension of the things and tone that Trump has set to date.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2017
There’s vids like this for every group

A few dummies in any group don’t represent everyone else
The difference between your example and the op is that liberals hate things trump says when those same quotes on the same issues came from the mouths of people they idolize just years prior.

Your example is "Trump said "great liars are great magicians" haha gotcha!, it was actually hitler! "

Oct 9, 2006
The context is that the quotes support the wall, and they're talking about the quotes in the context of everything that Trump has said.

So basically this is misleading, and the quotes aren't thought about in a vacuum, but as an extension of the things and tone that Trump has set to date.
Holy shit, I actually agree with you on this.

An interviewer can frame things anyway they wish to get the desired outcome. Thrust a microphone in someone's face that isn't prepared, you can get them to agree or disagree to just about anything.

Mar 6, 2018
I legit posted an example of someone doing it to the other side in the very post you replied to.

Not sure how we are at odds here
Oh, I don't consider us at odds here either. I just think most people on both sides of a political divide would fall for this rather than a select few. But we agree that this isn't a partisan issue, and we agree that groups of people shouldn't be generalized over this.

Jan 12, 2009
The difference between your example and the op is that liberals hate things trump says when those same quotes on the same issues came from the mouths of people they idolize just years prior.

Your example is "Trump said "great liars are great magicians" haha gotcha!, it was actually hitler! "
Same thing with this vid, it's not taken in a vacuum. There's the context and history of the person behind the quotes.

Dec 3, 2013
To be honest, I wouldn't mind the voting age being raised to 21.
At this point in the game, it does not really matter, since high schools/colleges are breeding grounds for ideological charlatan's pushing their agenda.

They come out genuinely believing in their manufactured social "sciences".

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2016

Why do the Liberal arguments always have to talk in circles about some made-up morality point? Where is the substance? The point here, besides "orange man bad" is asking what changed? Everyone seemed to be for a wall years ago, but now it is suddenly mean.

OSC

Jun 16, 2018
Same thing with this vid, it's not taken in a vacuum. There's the context and history of the person behind the quotes.
it's called mistakenly believing ad hominem thoughts and arguments are valid logic. This idea that if someone's questionable by your standard or the indirect ad hominem to their sources being questionable, like that allows you to dismiss the arguments without addressing their actual validity. Sorry but no cigar on that one.
Why do the Liberal arguments always have to talk in circles about some made-up morality point? Where is the substance? The point here, besides "orange man bad" is asking what changed? Everyone seemed to be for a wall years ago, but now it is suddenly mean.
yes just like everyone opposed religious puritans and believed in sexy displays of the female form being uncensored, but suddenly now are offended by tight clothing on female superheroes in comics, though they're fine with men showing bulges and tight behinds no issue there. broken npc logic.

Last edited: