• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Combine Two Games to Make A Better Game

Flynn

Here's mine:

Grand Theft Auto: Raccoon City.

It gives a better reason for your ability to run over hundreds of pedestrians without getting the electric chair. And, sadly, Tommy Vercetti still controls better than a Resident Evil character.

Tony Hawk Radio Future

A platform type 'action sport' game is a cool idea, but Smilebit would do well to take some of the control sensibilities from the THPS series.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Dark Brave Cloud

Nippon Ichi RPG + Level 5 graphics and content = Gaming Heaven.

Disgaea had some amazing strategy rpg gameplay, and Dark Cloud 2 was about to burst with all the extra fun stuff it had to do. If Nippon Ichi teamed up with Level 5, I don't see any way they could go wrong. Atlus is another possibility.

Brannon

The Last Phantasy StarFighter Online

PSO, with added space missions and online space dogfights and or team-ups against enormous outer-space enemies. Or even natural disasters like all four fighters against an impending meteor of doom. If it is destroyed, you get to continue the game as normal. But if it hits the planet, it causes massive damage and alters the land (new dungeon populated with enemies from the meteor too!).

Yep, ambitious but doable.

LakeEarth

Easy. Eternal Darkwing Duck.

Gets crushed by an anvil (flash)

"THIS... ISN'T... HAPPENING!!"

Gets crushed by another anvil

XS+

Banned
Double Dragon Quest
Grand Theft Auto Modellista
Full Spectrum Dynasty Warriors
OniM.U.S.H.A.

User 406

Banned
Nethack + Tobal 2 quest mode

Carnage Heart + Armored Core

Grand Theft Auto + Sim City

Autoduel + Twisted Metal (okay, this is kind of a no brainer)

Dropship + a realtime strategy wargame

Dynasty Warriors + a turn based strategy wargame (Of course, Dynasty Warriors: Empires is already taking a step in this direction. ^_^)

Matlock

Banned
Sea Manky said:
Dynasty Warriors + a turn based strategy wargame (Of course, Dynasty Warriors: Empires is already taking a step in this direction. ^_^)

Isn't that just Romance of the 3 Kingdoms? :p

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
It's kind of hard to detect sarcasm over the internet.

There's too many idiots in the world, so I couldn't tell that was a joke.

*shoots self*

ourumov

Street Fighter III + Final Fight = Final Fight New Generations

A Final Fight game with SF3 animation. Main characters ? Yun and Yang. Scenario ? Hong Kong. The Plot ? Finish with the evil Lik-Sang !!!!

ge-man

ourumov said:
Street Fighter III + Final Fight = Final Fight New Generations

A Final Fight game with SF3 animation. Main characters ? Yun and Yang. Scenario ? Hong Kong. The Plot ? Finish with the evil Lik-Sang !!!!

I would really love a new FF with Guilty Gear sprites, SF3 animation, and a return to the original three characters. I would forgive damn near every one of Capcom's mistakes for that one title.

ourumov

A Final Fight game with SFIII graphics would rock...Jejeje...They have the Andore and Poison sprites already made !!!!
It would be too much work...but it would rock.

They could also do nice things on backgrounds...either if they do 2D backgrounds (alpha-2nd impact style) or if they take the route of making them 3D.

I have been thinking on making a beat em up with the yun and Yang sprites...Perhaps this summer you will have a surprise.

XS+

Banned
Honestly, I want to see something like Grand Theft Auto: Yokosuka. The Shenmue story with more nonlinear gameplay, and a lead character who isn't so freakin mousey. Of course keep the Virtua Fighter Lite gameplay of Shenmue, and take out the guns and illicit activity of GTA (I guess).

And I'm serious about OniMUSHA. Takeshi Kaneshiro and Ken Watanabe take to the skies in mystic armor with awesome firepower, to destroy Nobunaga's airborne undead army. Shoot down bad guys and absorb their lifeforce to upgrade your shots.

katamariruga.jpg

or....

dragonmission.jpg

XS+

Banned
Ooh ooh I got one

Panzer Dragoon Herzog Zwei (PD RTS)

Or how about Sonic the Hedgehog Adventure (mix the polygon graphics, item collection, and new design with Sonic-only 2D gameplay)

belgurdo

Banned
dragonmission.jpg

*Splooges*

Sonic+GTA would be interesting...one perpetual running zone. Missions would be kind of a bugger though, so they'd probably be cut

User 406

Banned
Sea Manky said:

Matlock said:
Isn't that just Romance of the 3 Kingdoms? :p

Yes, that would be exactly it, except that it's missing the whole Dynasty Warriors part. You know, where you run around and hit people yourself during the battles? Don't be dense.

Another game combo I'd like to see would be Minesweeper + Lemmings, but that would just be silly. :p

Flynn said:
Here's mine:

Grand Theft Auto: Raccoon City.

It gives a better reason for your ability to run over hundreds of pedestrians without getting the electric chair. And, sadly, Tommy Vercetti still controls better than a Resident Evil character.

It's called Dead Rush, coming next year.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Star Wars Galaxies and Final Fantasy 11

SWG: Interface, License, Ability to play on your own
FFXI: Everything Else

:D

Jumpman

Combine the original Metal Gear Solid's setting and story with MGS2's gameplay. That would kick some ass.

BuddyC

Jumpman said:
Combine the original Metal Gear Solid's setting and story with MGS2's gameplay. That would kick some ass.

Isn't that, in essence, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes?

Anyways...

Ninja Shinobi
Kunochi (or Nightshade, your choice) Gaiden
Super Puzzle Ninja II Turbo
Klonoa 3: Ninja
BloodRayne Vs. Pirates - The Ninja Struggle
Zombies Ate My Neighbors 2: Ninjas, Pirates, and Dragons - Oh My!

BuddyC

Jumpman said:
Um......yeah. It was a joke. Damned internet and its inability to express humor.

Or use italics, bold, underline, em:)tic:)ns, crazy adjectives and puns to make it abundantly clear ;).

Top Bottom