• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comcept becomes Level5 subsidiary by the name of Level5 Comcept

kulapik

From Famitsu

· Interview with Akihiro Hino, President of Level 5 and Keiji Inafune

Below, bullet points of interest (somewhat corrected from google translator)

· Since we worked together in "GUILD 02", there was a story that I wanted to do something together

· Inafune: "From the time I was in Capcom, there was a desire to be like Mr Hino ."

· "LEVEL 5 comcept" is a company in which each other's feelings became one (?)

· Based on the staff of comcept, the new company will get involved with President Hino

· Although comcept is scheduled to close in the future, it will take responsibility to the title which is currently working to the end. (Red Ash?)

· Becomes a subsidiary of Level5. Instead of handling instructions and handling the titles, the idea is that the comcept team and Hino will be making games together

· Osaka is the base. In the future they would like it to be Level5's Osaka studio.

· Now it is about 15 people, mainly comcept members, but want to increase more and more in the future

Their first game, a mobile RPG called Dragon Colonies will release in 2018. It will feature a "cube-like world" and PvP.

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/20014836.html

Level 5....maybe now we can get this? Please? 😬

2543897-a1d0e45fc7a68f4c962f2ebcd7a2210c_large.jpg

Rymuth

Inafune: "From the time I was in Capcom, there was a desire to be like Mr Hino ."

Seeing how you ran the Mighty no 9 multimedia franchise into the ground in record time, I think you've long surpassed Hino.

Gimme another Bugs vs. Tanks

Nothing like killing bees and fire ants in a German panzer tank
I actually kinda liked that. Utterly berserk story and all.

I'm assuming this is a demotion for Comcept. They'll be Level 5's in house support studio. Which keeps the lights on, of course, but ain't exactly prestigious.

Merrydeath

I hope this means they will finally fulfill Comcept's Mighty no.9 Kick starter physical rewards that we, the mighty no.9 backers been waiting for..

antibolo

Banned
So now we have to complain to Level-5 for the kickstarter rewards that were never shipped?

What a terrible acquisition to make. The Comcept brand is literally toxic.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Can't speak to whether or not the acquisition was a good move or not, but tacking comcept onto the end of their name is just dumb.

I'm like, the one person happy about this. Really hope Beck gets another chance eventually. MN9 had a couple of good ideas that I had a lot of fun with.

I don't know why the search engine didn't show me this thread before making mine, lol

So Comcept is closing, expected and I guess not only Mighty No.9 is dead but we will never see our backers rewards.

If you can say something about Inafune is he is a survivor.

MicH

I'm surprised Level 5 were even interested in Comcept. What they've put out so far has not been very impressive.

But good for Inafune. Sounds like his company was about to go under.

kulapik

I don't know why the search engine didn't show me this thread before making mine, lol

So Comcept is closing, expected and I guess not only Mighty No.9 is dead but we will never see our backers rewards.

If you can say something about Inafune is he is a survivor.

The search engine takes a while to update, posts made in the last hour or so never show up

Inafune is like that one sales guy who is so full of himself he gets fired and sets up his own shop across the street, and then 5 years later he shows up on your doorstep in the rain because he can't make his rent, and the boss takes him back just to get his contact list and fire him again

Top Bottom